Casey Printers to GSU

Earle SU

Word from a Lake Charles source says that Casey Printers will be direcing the Grambling offense next season. That same source says that a safety from the University of Kentucky will also enroll at GSU. This safety reportedly started for UK this season and played in the LSU game.

SOURCE: www.geauxcowboys.com/zemsgems

The Montgomery paper said he was visiting Bama St today, then flying back to Houston, then flying back out this way to visit another school next week.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Printers will be the Hornet's Black & Gold.... kno' dis!

TCU QB will get look
at Hornets today

By Tom Ensey
Montgomery Advertiser

Casey Printers, who passed for 4,621 yards and 37 TDs as the starting quarterback for Texas Christian, will visit Alabama State this weekend as he begins his search for a place to continue his college football career.

ASU is the first school on his wish list. He will return to Dallas on Sunday night before heading out Monday for Florida A&M. He said he has not yet spoken with Grambling State and Southern, but wants to talk to them, as well.

He wants to play for a program that can showcase his abilities as a passer, he said.

?I want to go somewhere I can be coached and groomed as a NFL quarterback,? he said. ?I?m just looking for a good group of guys who work hard to win. That?s my formula for success.?

Printers, a 6-foot-3, 205-pound senior, would have one year of eligibility remaining, and could take advantage of NCAA transfer rules to play immediately at any of the NCAA Division I-AA schools he plans to visit.

Last year, he threw for 1,824 yards and 13 TDs, averaging 182.4 yards per game. He completed 136 of 252 passes with eight interceptions.

But he said that TCU was going through a change in offensive philosophy that made necessary his decision to leave. Gary Patterson, who took over as head coach when Dennis Franchione left TCU last year to become head coach at Alabama, favored a running attack.

?I want to be able to do what I want to do to get to the next level,? he said.

Printers said he had not spoken to Franchione about his decision, but that he had been mulling a transfer since the coaching change last year.

?It weighed on my mind since then,? he said. ?I figured now is the time if I wanted to do this ? before my senior year ? if I wanted to put up the kind of numbers I would like to, and to be as productive as I have to be to get a shot.?

He said the four I-AA schools on his list were the only ones he planned to visit or even to contact. ?I don?t have a lot of time,? he said.

?I had to narrow it down, but I do want to talk to all of them.?

The Horned Frogs were 23-9 with him as a starter, but slid to 6-6 last season. Printers said he made his decision to transfer after attending church on Dec. 30, the week after he passed for 144 yards and was intercepted four times in TCU?s loss to Texas A&M in the Galleryfurniture.com Bowl.

Printers is one of 22 players scheduled to visit ASU this weekend.

He knows that he does not have a chance in Hell of even making second string at JSU. I wonder which school he will pimp 'cause he played for the white folks. This is S_D.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
He knows that he does not have a chance in Hell of even making second string at JSU. I wonder which school he will pimp 'cause he played for the white folks. This is S_D.

I can't do anything but laugh at this statement. I guess this is kinda like how Vick wouldn't make the team at JSU either.:lmao:

T.C. Taylor turned out to be a pretty good reciever, so the whole T.C. Vick thing worked out a lot better than this Casey Printers thing will. I still don't know why you guys are getting excited about him. If he was good enough for the pros, why didn't he show it at TCU??

IT IS OBVIOUS, MAYBE NOT TO SOME JACKSON PEOPLE, THAT HE HAS CHOSEN SCHOOLS THAT LOST A STARTING QB. (GSU, BAMA, SU...) :idea:

According to my sources, Casey Printers is good friends with GSU redshirt wr/db Moses Harris out of Dallas Carter. The two have known each other for years and continued to work out together while Harris was in high school.

There are a lot of Dallas area players and students at GSU. The Dallas area is very much pro-GSU!

Back