Car Debt Is Piling Up as More Americans Owe Thousands More Than Vehicles Are Worth

And then there are people like this

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Saw the pics in the article and noticed the bus in the background, instantly I knew it was Chicago.
This is why a lot of people go to the suburbs to shop for cars.
That dealership should be investigated.
If she actually sticks with paying for this car, she will have paid $24,276, not including any maintenance bills.

I was a grown ass man with 3 children and a house and excellent credit and a dealership tried to get me to accept an 18% interest rate. I said are you serious? He said yes. That was the end of the conversation. I walked out and did not look back. This was in 2000. I went to another dealership that valued what I brought to the table.

I was a grown ass man with 3 children and a house and excellent credit and a dealership tried to get me to accept an 18% interest rate. I said are you serious? He said yes. That was the end of the conversation. I walked out and did not look back. This was in 2000. I went to another dealership that valued what I brought to the table.
I don't usually say, the n word, but in that case, I don't care what race or color the person was; I would've said; "N you crazy"!

Credit 101: check credit reports at all 3 credit bureaus yearly. Check with your Credit Union or Bank most offer a free updated credit score. Please pass down to OUR children and fellow adults. Some just don't know how important financial education is.
That right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar thing happened to me. Got a call with an apology and a 2% interest rate to go with it. Now, I never walk into a dealership without a pre approval and say beat that. They always do.

Similar thing happened to me. Got a call with an apology and a 2% interest rate to go with it. Now, I never walk into a dealership without a pre approval and say beat that. They always do.
When I hear pre approval, I'm thinking this is what the credit cards companies send you in the mail, saying that you've been pre approved.
I would suggest, if a person can, secure a loan from an outside lender and already have the cash/check on hand ready to negotiate.

When I hear pre approval, I'm thinking this is what the credit cards companies send you in the mail, saying that you've been pre approved.
I would suggest, if a person can, secure a loan from an outside lender and already have the cash/check on hand ready to negotiate.
“Securing a loan from an outside lender” is exactly what it is.

Back