Can Your Present Lifestyle Depict Your Future....Commentary

Dr. Sweet NUPE

My father once told me that you develop everything you need in life by the time you leave your parents nest if and only if you had good parents. I often asked him what characteristics did good parents have and his answer was short and I qoute........"I don't know. You just try to do your best and pray that your children make the right decisions eventhough you know they will make the wrong decisions eventually"

I can say that my father was correct because he and my mother taught me the basic fundamentals to succeed. Meaning always pay the house note first was an example. Yet, they often stated that if a person would lie, then they most certaintly will cheat, and eventually steal.

As we grow older we learn more and more about life yet how much do we really change from the way we were when we left the nest? If you are 30 years old and aren't aware of how to maintain a budget will this follow you the rest of your life? Are you still one of those people who would rather live around people you grew up with rather than venture out and see what the world is about? At what age does an individual stop changing or should I say for choice of better words stop wanting to change?

I once asked my sister this question and she said, "When you turn 18 you think you're legal, when you turn 21 you are legal, when you turn 30 no one can tell you TIHS, and who knows what happens when you turn 40, 50, 60, and 70."

Just a thought.:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Back