Can the Jagurs beat the Hornets twice?

thegooddoctor

Of all the teams in the East the team that has the overall balance are the Hornets. They can run and pass equally well on offense plus they have good special teams.

The question for Southern is did the Bayou Classic take too much out of them or do they have enough to beat a team they have defeated earlier during the season.

The Hornets are riding high on emotion, they are playing for all practical purposes at home and of course they want another shot at SU.

This game is too close to call.

The winner not only becomes SWAC champions but have a shot on becoming mythical national black colleges champions.

All the marbles are on the table.:confused:

This will be a good one.

Southern spanked us in Baton Rouge, but that was in September. Its now December, and the Hornets have matured and endured a lot over the past two months.

Pete Richardson is the best coach in BCF (until LC Cole starts back coaching) and he has had his team ready to go every week this year. He certainly had them ready when the Hornets visited Mumford on September 27th.

Making no excuses, and taking nothing away from Southern, but Bama State was physically and emotionally drained when we rolled into Baton Rouge . . .

. . . We had travelled well over 1,500 miles to Detroit and back and had whipped a good FAMU team . . . we then travelled to Mobile and played an extremely talented Bethune Cookman team, who at that time was the #1 team in BCF, and came up just short on three calls that MEAC Officials later publicy admitted were bad calls . . . we returned home an played a tough and talented Alcorn team who later turned out to be one of the best teams in the East . . . we then took back to the road and travelled to Arkansas and played an always physical Pine Bluff team . . . all the while, the team's Head Coach (LC Cole) was fighting a very public fight to get his job back, and several members of the team, including two star players, were in court sueing the school trying to help him ge it back . . . WHEW ! ! !

THEN WE HEADED TO BATON ROUGE ! ! !

While all this was going on with Bama State, Southern was feasting on Mississippi Valley, Prairie View and a very average NC A&T team . . . AND an open date before the Bama State game.

No wonder we got spanked.

But again I say, that I am not making any excuses or taking away anything from Southern. I think we have all seen that they are every bit as good as advertised. I'm simply saying that the performance of the Hornets in Baton Rouge WILL NOT be repeated in Birmingham.

GO HORNETS ! ! !

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
According to Mighty Hornet, if a team beats you once in a season, they are better than you and you have no chance of beating them a week or so later.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
According to Mighty Hornet, if a team beats you once in a season, they are better than you and you have no chance of beating them a week or so later.
ummmm, run that one by me again!!!!!

:smh:

Originally posted by mighty hornet
ummmm, run that one by me again!!!!!

:smh:

So, MH, you now believe in the week later theory?? If not, go ahead and say that you don't have a chance against SU.

ummmm TP,
We played SU on September 27. We play them again on December 13.

that aint a week later.

don't try to change your theory now.

ummmm TP,
We played SU on September 27. We play them again on December 13.

that aint a week later.

don't try to change your theory now.

Man, I don't care if it was one week or five weeks, you always said that JSU would not have tapped ASU had you had the misfortune to play us again. Especially in 2000 and 2002. We were the better team.

The difference TP is that an ASU/JSU rematch was never gonna take place!
It is downright stupid to sit up and talk about it!!!
Seriously!!

besides, don't try to act like you said five weeks. You said you would have won a week later.

besides, don't try to act like you said five weeks. You said you would have won a week later.

yep...but regardless you said that it would not happen. Look at how you all have been downing the Sheridan because you beat somebody 10 weeks ago. My point for YEARS is that you look at how a team progresses throughout the season but now you want to say that your team has a chance. You gonna get whooped and embarrassed anyway but I am just saying.

umm TP,
My team is progressing nicely. Don't know where you've been for the past month or so.

and I can't help but to laugh when I hear somebody from JSU mention something about somebody getting "whooped and embarrassed"
:lol:

but I digress,
This is a topic about the SCG. My team is there. Your team is 2-10.

Don't hurt em, MH

umm TP,
My team is progressing nicely. Don't know where you've been for the past month or so.

and I can't help but to laugh when I hear somebody from JSU mention something about somebody getting "whooped and embarrassed"
:lol:

but I digress,
This is a topic about the SCG. My team is there. Your team is 2-10.

ROTF:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

umm TP,

Yep, your team sure is progressing just as JSU progressed in 2002 and your team slid. Just as JSU progressed in 2000 and your team headed for the gutter. But what I was saying made no sense back then.

Yep, your team sure is progressing just as JSU progressed in 2002 and your team slid. Just as JSU progressed in 2000 and your team headed for the gutter. But what I was saying made no sense back then.

Dude, you even being present on this thread defies the logic of even our best and brightest... :smh: :shame:

You'd think TP would have his priorities straight after witnessing the absolute worst year in the history of Jackson State football.... *smh*

Originally posted by crazylegs
Dude, you even being present on this thread defies the logic of even our best and brightest... :smh: :shame:

You'd think TP would have his priorities straight after witnessing the absolute worst year in the history of Jackson State football.... *smh*

One year does not define JSU football. The Hughes era is over.. Bell paid for it. Kent paid for it and JSU fans have paid for it. Now in case you have not heard, rebuilding has begun. I never thought I would say those words about JSU but when Hughes is your coach for four years, that happens.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back