BET fails again

JSU*Toi

Someone please tell me why it took BET more then 24 hours to say anything about. Aaliyah's death.

I checked the website ALL day on Sunday but there was nothing. I watched BET all day and there was nothing.

But on MTV they were reporting it every hour, on cnn. com, okayplayer, shoot every other site and station other then BET there was something said about her and her life...

WHY MUST THEY BE ON CPTIME WITH SOMETHING LIKE THIS?

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

I HATE BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not looked at their web site in weeks. That goes to show how much I have been in tune to that network. But I am not surprised. I may even bother to watch BET Tonight this evening.

Would you expect anything less ???

You mean to tell me you would pre-empt Bobby Jones Gospel or an infomercial on the Body Gazelle for something newsworthy ??

:rolleyes:

BET is archaic in this area. That's why I hope that the other networks catering to us peoples, like MBC and others, are taking notes.

One in a Million

BET.com was up dated with info yesterday afternoon. The site was shut down for a while as was MTV.com from high traffic. As for any programming, I wasnt expecting anything on that front. But there is a tribute special tonite at 6 eastern.

BET is garbage. I flipped channels back and forth between BET, MTV and CNN. It's a damn shame MTV had the most up to date information.

BET is doing a tribute to Aaliyah tonight at 10:00 EST. Please keep in mind that BET may not have as many resources as MTV. MTV reports news up to the hour anyway. BET is like Jet Magazine, they report news 1 week after it happens.

This is such a tragic lost!!! Damn Liyah, we'll miss you!!!

more

Black Entertainment Television (BET) will present a profile on the life and death of the R&B singer/actress tonight on BET Tonight, August 27, 11:00 p.m. (ET/PT).

The program will examine the background of the talented young performer -- a native of New York City and resident of Detroit -- and the impact she had on today's music scene and culture. The special episode will feature reactions from members of the entertainment industry and those who knew her, along with a special report from a BET correspondent in the Bahamas on the investigation of the tragic accident that claimed her life.

Yeah MTV wasn't all that great either. They had a messge rolling at the bottom of a video about the plane crash and told us the to stay tuned.....well about 7 vidoes later Sway came on a reported the the plane had crashed by then I had already gotten the news from CNN. So MTV was slow too. BET had nothing on the crash but I don't they have staff there on the weekends. I wonder what 106 and Park have to say today?

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
...Please keep in mind that BET may not have as many resources as MTV. MTV reports news up to the hour anyway. BET is like Jet Magazine, they report news 1 week after it happens.

This is such a tragic lost!!! Damn Liyah, we'll miss you!!!

I can remember when O.J. was in the chase BET cutting in and showing the entire chase. So what was the problem just cutting in and saying, something anything.

But I understand with them something is better then nothing

What else could be said, that wasn't already said? With no official word as to why the plane went down, there was nothing else to say but she died in an accident.

I think BET is doing a great thing by having a tribute dedicated to her tonight, they have time to do interviews with family members, and friends who may not have been to receptive to a camera being in their faces right after the accident. Also it gives their production crew a chance to put together something nice, and fitting of her life, talent, and tragic death.

NICE

Originally posted by SexyASSJSU*ATL

I can remember when O.J. was in the chase BET cutting in and showing the entire chase. So what was the problem just cutting in and saying, something anything.

But I understand with them something is better then nothing

THANK YOU!!! .... what else could they say... It wasnt like she was murdered and the suspect was still out... She was in a plane crash and she died.... not too much you can report on... I swear MY PEOPLE complain TOO DAMN MUCH.

Re: Dammit BET

Originally posted by Mr. Matriculation
LOL! Not the Body Gazelle :emlaugh: . Ever since they fired Tavis BET aint been ish.
Are you saying BET was about ish when tavis was there? Man please. Ed Gordon is 100 times better than tavis.

Yes the BET Tonite tribute was nice. Everyone had nice things to say. It was sad when DMX broke down while reading his poem. :(

You got that right JST. They were right on point when they described her glow and how she lit up a room. She was seductive....yet angelic. Did you see those B.E.T. interviews? A str8 angel!!! Did you notice the transformation of a mere child to a beautiful woman throughout those 7 short years?

We all know how hardcore DMX is. That brother hadnt even known her long and broke down. I think that ALONE sums up the way her beauty and radiance captivated people.

She was genuine. I really mean it when I say i enjoyed EVERY video she did. Her style was str8 laid back, head rockin, and smooooth.

Man......it would have been fun watching her take it to the next level. We were all robbed. At least we had her for a little while. ;)

Kudos to BET. It was done tastefully, respectfully, and beautifully.

It's amazing what happens, when we give people a chance.

NICE

Also the story about the 76 year old irishman that said he had cried 3 times in his life and aaliyahs death was one of them tells you right there the effect she could have on people. Alotta of thes guys looked just shook up. Jadakiss looked very sad and like he had been crying.

I have to add on.... I was VERY happy with the way BET put together the tribute last night as well. The part that totally struck me was DMX's poem. I couldn't believe that I was listening to Mr. "Ride or Die" himself crying like that. My heart dropped. Seeing any man let his guard down and cry touches me, but to see a man with the stature of DMX break down like that.... I dang near couldn't take it. That just goes to show how she could touch someone in such a brief period of time. That is a true angel.

Back