Bel-Air (a dramatic reboot)

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
Interesting take… not gonna make it a priority but, I’ll check it. I haven’t look at the credits but I assumed Will Smith is an Executive Producer. There was also another trailer with different actors made in 2019 that to me was more real and dramatic. View: https://youtu.be/rQ1uG91Bbls

Just now got a chance to watch an episode or 2. I have to admit, this is a nice modern twist to the original series. Props to the writers and producers as this was definitely well thought out.

On another note, I can't say enough of how they have pulled the best of Black Hood and Black Bourgeoisie worlds. Many of us can relate so much to this. The energy just feels real from every actor.

Last edited:
.....I just finished watching the last episode of this series.....

The writing, acting, and range of topics throughout each episode was very very good. It seemed like there was something for any melanated person in our society to relate to and that was powerful. Series like these are what I have wanted to see more of. More Black Doctors, Lawyers, Entrepreneurs, Free Thinkers, Fighters, Stand-Up Folks, etc.....

When you are an executive producer for a series that in my opinion was without a question Positively Black, they (the powers that be) will come for you (Will Smith) if and whenever you get caught slipping.

With alll that said, the backlash that I see happening has less to do with the actions but more so to yield away Will's potential power of influence. Take away that infamous smack and cursing and you have a Black Man in Hollywood with Grammys, an Oscar, and as much power and influence that a Black Man could have.

Was it all a set up? I don't think so. Yet the lesson I'm being reminded from all of this, especially when you are a Black Man that has influence in your profession, you simply got to be careful.

You also have to be very careful in dealing with the Woman you are with and the type of influence she may have over you. I didn't think to much about the later at first but...my eyes are wide open now (another debate for another topic and thread)...

#justanothermansopinion

Last edited:
278607995_10100151908751857_4141884420748140046_n.jpg

Back