Bayou Classic

jag4life said:
It will be funny if UAPB still loses after we giftwrapped the SWAC West for them...

More like Grambling snatched the isht outta your hands and gave it to us ...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
See y'all in Birmingham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course y'all know I'm gonna bleed Maroon and Grey (Win or Lose) til I die..but Let's get in that A@% Bama State and bring this thing to an end here at our supposed country BAMA a%$ed Legion Field.

I will be there folks, let's have a SWAC Page Party/..... It's still a SWAC Love thang..... :ebrow:

We just didn't show up. From a football purist perception...this has to've been the least motivated looking Jag game I've seen in some time. When you play like that....you get what you deserve.

Congrats to Grum and the BIG MEAT in the front.... :smh: ...gooot dayum! They *****s was huge.

PS- That WAS the worst special teams play I've ever witnessed from SU. Middle schoolers have an easier time converting PAT's.

Congrats, Gram.

O'Bladerunner:

I agree; not to take anything away from Gram, we were flat from the opening kickoff. I can't understand that given what's at stake. That falls on the coaches and well as the players. Gram was ready to play and it showed.

Regards.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hold it,,,, wait one minute,,,,,,,, do you mean to tell me Grambling beat Southern????????????????????????????????????? (i'm so used to southern always having the roots on grambling that i didn't care to keep up with the game. i have already penciled southern into the SCG.)

Bartram said:
,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hold it,,,, wait one minute,,,,,,,, do you mean to tell me Grambling beat Southern????????????????????????????????????? (i'm so used to southern always having the roots on grambling that i didn't care to keep up with the game. i have already penciled southern into the SCG.)

Unusual ain't it...:lol: And on top of that, about 8 thousand grumbling fans stayed home because their season ended early. From 76,000 plus fans in '03 to only 68,000 plus fans in '04. :shame:

LaCumba said:
Unusual ain't it...:lol: And on top of that, about 8 thousand grumbling fans stayed home because their season ended early. From 76,000 plus fans in '03 to only 68,000 plus fans in '04. :shame:

yeah. i mean,, the year i thought FOR SURE Grambling would win (Doug's last year i think,, with that "lineman" QB at gramblling), Southern was "down and out" (for Southern, which is like coming in with 1 or 2 losses) Southern runs through Grambling like grass through a duck!

i threw in the towel after that and wrote Gram off this year with Southern resurgent, especially after that ASU game. that game,,,,, i swear,, ASU up 41 to 20 only to lose, that was just utterly disgusting. horrible!! i was listening to the ASU broadcast and i had a sick feeling when the ASU broadcasters started calling it over in the 3rd quarter. sure enough, southern comes back to beat the hornets. dem mugz have like that voodoo thing working or something. i swear i believe they have people all across Louisiana wit little dolls of all the other SWAC teams and they be stickin' needles in them whenever they play Southern!!! you would ask, "well Bart what about Grambling, dey from louisiana too",,,, well,, good point. maybe Grambling is further north where the cajun/creole/voodoo culture is not as entrenched as it is the closer you get to N'Awlins. :confused: ;)

Ditto to all who realize that for the first time in Classic History Pete R. was outcoached in all aspects of the game. Congrats to Coach Spears! I hope that he is given a chance to shine at GSU.

Congrats to GSU! They did what they were supposed to do...run the dayum ball! The big key? Landers did NOT lose the game. Lack of GSU turnovers kept things interesting. If I were a coach who was a former O-coordinator, I would have done the same thing.

Now if I were the opposing coach, I would have gotten you out of your game plan by throwing the ball and scoring quickly. :shame: Not taking anything away from GSU D-coordinator, but let's face it... SU/Ricks tried to force Vernon back into the timing...BAD, BAD gamble. Took away all of the hard work the other WR's put in for the past couple of months. What a waste!

So many "whys" to ask, but it's a done deal. The XXXI BC is over and some SWAC clean up is evident... especially on the homefront!!! Again, congrats GSU! :sick: :bowdown:

Back