Battle of the PV and GSU Drumlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
PV DRUM LINE WAS TIGHT, BUT GSU DRUM LINE WASN'T SLAW(THEY WERE TECHNICAL), SO DON'T PUT IT LIKE PV DRUM LINE IS SO PERFECT. IT'S JUST A MATTER OF OPINION ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE LIKE SOME PEOPLE LIKED PV DRUM LINE SOME PEOPLE LIKED GSU'S DRUM LINE IT'S A FREE COUNTRY, YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO BASE YOUR OWN OPINION.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
TRUE IT IS A MATTER OF OPINION BUT MUSIC IS MUSIC. A TRUE PERCUSSIONIST CAN POINT OUT RUDIMENTS BEING PLAYED AND CERTAIN FEELS AS THEY APPEAR. SO HAVING SAID THAT COMPARING THE FIRST 26 RUDIMENTS TO THE NEWER HYBRID IS A VERY LOPSIDED COMPARISON BECAUSE ANY BEGINNER CAN PLAY THE BASICS SO TO LABLE THAT AS TECHNICAL IS NOT DOING JUSTICE. TRUE ENOUGH BOTH SECTIONS HAVE DIFFERENT STYLES BUT THE RUDIMENTS REMAIN THE SAME AT ANY COLLEGE! GRAM WASNT ALL THAT BAD THEY JUST WASNT TO CROWD FRIENDLY, BUT THAT'S MY OPINION. IN FACT THE BEST PART OF THEIR SHOW WAS WHEN THEY LEFT THE STAGE!

USA TODAY,

ON A SERIOUS NOTE, I FEEL YOUR COMMENTS AND I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. THANKS FOR NOT HAVING BIASED COMMENTS. I JUST FEEL LIKE IF YOU TALK A LOT OF NOISE ABOUT YOUR SECTION OR BAND OR WHATEVER AND YOU GET SET UP FOR A BATTLE, THEN YOU SHOULD PULL OUT ALL SHORTS TO WIN. THE BOX KNEW WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE SO THEY INCORPORATED ALL IN THEIR ALLOTTED TIME. IT IS JUST ALMOST GRAM HAD NO IDEA OF WHAT WAS GOING ON. I HAVE SEEN THEM A LOT BETTER AND I AM SURE THEY WILL BE BETTER IF IT HAPPENS NEXT YEAR, BUT ON FRIDAY THEY WERE NOT CREATIVE ENOUGH AND IN MY OPINION BROUGHT A SLING-SHOT TO DO BATTLE WITH AN AK-47!

SEE STEVE HAS HIS OPINIONS AND J ANTHONY HAS HIS SO LEAVE IT AT THAT EVERYONE DON'T LIKE PV AND EVERYBODY DON'T LIKE GSU SO LET'S CHILL.

AT THE BATTLE OF THE DRUMLINES AFTER THE BATTLE WAS OVER, DAMN PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT PREFERENCES GET THAT THROUGH YOU ALLS HEAD, SOME PEOPLE LIKE CHOCOLATE THUNDERS' STYLE AND SOME PEOPLE LIKE THA BOXS' STYLE .IT WILL ALWAYS BE LIKE THAT. PEOPL HAVE A RIGHT TO THEIR OWN OPINION.

Originally posted by SnareBaby954
but overall, it was a good showcase, let me say it again, "Showcase", they showed the crowd was PV was all about and Gram showed the crowd was Gram was all about. The timing was messed up and every, we weren't even on stage together so thats how it went.

It wasn't designed to be that way. It was always a showcase. People like to turn things into a battle. The commercial was pushing the drumline because of the popularity of the movie. Some people came and were expecting that. But it was a promoters tool to get people to attend the event...... and they did.

Man get over yourself. I asked because I wanted to know when he said it and if others heard it. Opinions are like arseholes....everybody has them and some stink.....I never said he didn't say it, nor did I say that he doesn't feel that way.

And I asked because I also heard of some of Steve's comments from Friday night that weren't quite in line with that.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
It wasn't designed to be that way. It was always a showcase. People like to turn things into a battle. The commercial was pushing the drumline because of the popularity of the movie. Some people came and were expecting that. But it was a promoters tool to get people to attend the event...... and they did.
Tell 'em again....:idea:

WELL EXCUSES ARE LIKE BATCHES, WE DON'T NEEB THEM , BOO HOO WE HAD TO WAKE UP TO GO PRACTICE WITH DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by usa today
PV DRUM LINE WAS TIGHT, BUT GSU DRUM LINE WASN'T SLAW(THEY WERE TECHNICAL), SO DON'T PUT IT LIKE PV DRUM LINE IS SO PERFECT. IT'S JUST A MATTER OF OPINION ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE LIKE SOME PEOPLE LIKED PV DRUM LINE SOME PEOPLE LIKED GSU'S DRUM LINE IT'S A FREE COUNTRY, YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO BASE YOUR OWN OPINION.
they were slaw and they were slaw again. they were not technical they just sucked. there was nothing technical about that sub-high school performance that they did. i like gram because i look forward to this battle every year because they are one of our biggest rivals, but they just str8 let me down. i was expecting gram of old and i got gram of new(disappointing). i mean i wasted all that yelling and screaming and then on top of that the late hours. man, i mean we worked hard and it just p-ssed me/us off that we worked that hard and then the competition went home early every day and chilled. so usa today come with another excuse oooooops i mean reason for gram coming to dallas the way that they did..........technical......ha..........not slaw......ha.....if that's all the effort that we get from them maybe we need some old school chocolate thunder cats to go back to gram and send those boys thru a traditional crabbing session and get those cats on track........i'm not trying to hate but there needs to be a change, i'm sure if some of the old school cats would have seen that they would really be p-ssed.

So does that mean you won??? Because we left?? :smh:

Mach...I know about that crew. I asked YOU if YOU taped it. You have tape to prove everything else. I want to know if YOU taped this event and these comments...Hell I might even actually buy it from you.

Originally posted by usa today
WELL EXCUSES ARE LIKE BATCHES, WE DON'T NEEB THEM , BOO HOO WE HAD TO WAKE UP TO GO PRACTICE WITH DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS LOL

I don't know if it was done intentionally or not, but this surely is a stupid sounding statement.

Love,

A BWO

Originally posted by SKIP
i was expecting gram of old and i got gram of new(disappointing). i mean i wasted all that yelling and screaming and then on top of that the late hours. man, i mean we worked hard and it just p-ssed me/us off that we worked that hard and then the competition went home early every day and chilled. so usa today come with another excuse oooooops i mean reason for gram coming to dallas the way that they did..........technical......ha..........not slaw......ha.....if that's all the effort that we get from them maybe we need some old school chocolate thunder cats to go back to gram and send those boys thru a traditional crabbing session and get those cats on track........i'm not trying to hate but there needs to be a change, i'm sure if some of the old school cats would have seen that they would really be p-ssed.

Quick question what is it that you were expecting Chocolate Thunder to do. Really....I would like to know.

Originally posted by Vinita
I don't know if it was done intentionally or not, but this surely is a stupid sounding statement.

Love,

A BWO

:lmao: I thought I was the only one.

If I would have known the answer, I wouldn't have asked the dayum question. It's a yes or no question...

shut up with the showcase business. that was a battle because it was right in line with the weekend events. so if that was a showcase is halftime a battle or a showcase//? more excuses with different words, put the dictionaries and the thesauruses up. battle battle battle...that is the word and that was the business.

Man did ya'll see the Monday night football game. It was a hum-dinger.

SMH.....:( How hard is it to answer a simple yes or no question??? I mean dayum...I'm trying to get a copy of this event....SMH...

Quick question what is it that you were expecting Chocolate Thunder to do. Really....I would like to know.
entertain us and the crowd, that's what i expected them to. thru their whole "showcase" you could hear crickets(silence for you technical guys)entertain entertain entertain that's what. i think i'm more p-ssed because somebody let your program go to hell and somebody needs to fix it. pv/gram is a classic classic, at this rate we'll have 10 people in the stands next year....save ya'll section before it dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back