Battle of the PV and GSU Drumlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pantherprowl, the queston is..."Do you really even need to ask?" :D

I was going to start a thread about this myself, but you beat me to the punch.

Anyway, it really wasn't a contest, simply exhibtion, but hands down, the McFunk BOX simply ACTED A BOZO CLOWN on that good ol' Smirnoff stage. (You know I meant this in a good way! :D) I have to admit that they do look and sound good with their new blue Pearl equipment, though. I even seen them incorporate some of their previous stuff (including the funk train from the '93 edition) in the mix. It's a little odd IMO seeing the snare line play with sound scoops at the game since folks rarely see them play with them), but they did the same routine, only some parts of the feature were edited out due to those corny SWAC time rules :redhot:, but I expected more out of the halftime show anyway. Overall, a fantastic show from the BOX.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Mastermind
Pantherprowl, the queston is..."Do you really even need to ask?" :D

I was going to start a thread about this myself, but you beat me to the punch.

Anyway, it really wasn't a contest, simply exhibtion, but hands down, the McFunk BOX simply ACTED A BOZO CLOWN on that good ol' Smirnoff stage. (You know I meant this in a good way! :D) I have to admit that they do look and sound good with their new blue Pearl equipment, though. I even seen them incorporate some of their previous stuff (including the funk train from the '93 edition) in the mix. It's a little odd IMO seeing the snare line play with sound scoops at the game since folks rarely see them play with them), but they did the same routine, only some parts of the feature were edited out due to those corny SWAC time rules :redhot:, but I expected more out of the halftime show anyway. Overall, a fantastic show from the BOX.
Then why did Steve Harvey say he liked Chocolate Thunder best.

Originally posted by World Famed

Probably because Chocolate Thunder was actually better. And considering the fact that he didn't attend either school there was no likely bias.

:idea:

Hmm...the reaction of an uneducated audience determines the quality of performance...

It all makes sense now...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by World Famed
if that was what you heard yo ears must have slam shut right he said it. steve was being sarcatic as hell, if yo dam ears would have kept listening, what he said was everybody already know who won, "DA BOX" came up on this stage and kick the walls down, drug *****s across the sage, did cartwheels, fat azz bass drummers rolling on the stage, and playing on everybody drum but their own" and then "here comes grambling with this tat, tat, tat tat tat, siht and everbody dam near went home", and then he went on to say, quote, "ain't nobody come to see that siht" unquote. and anyway, you undoubtably did not go to the battle if you would even entertain such a the idea the grambling drum section even had a chance at DA BOX. grambling was simply out gunned out match and in totally different weight class than DA BOX. i bet gram drummers are at home saying why did we even go.:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :( :( :( :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: too bad soooooooo sad

?

explain what you are saying, becuase it sounds like you are calling Steve Harvey an uneducated man? Do you even know about his educaiton?

WTF does Steve Harvey's education have to do with who won a battle of the drumlines?

Boy, some of y'all be on some DIFFERENT ISHT some days!

Re: ?

Originally posted by wfgsu
explain what you are saying, becuase it sounds like you are calling Steve Harvey an uneducated man? Do you even know about his educaiton?

Not really speaking on Steve. Tellitlikeitiz said he was being sarcastic, anyway. I'm talking about folks that think they are hot stuff because they did some ol' bull crap and it got a little house, compared to the opponent who looked and sounded better in the eyes of fellow musicians as well as most laypeople.

Speaking of house, in a forum of people that really watch bands (i.e. the BOTBs Sat. morning), even HS kids notice that Gram isn't where they need to be. It was quiet at Sprague after they performed. Something to ponder...

Re: ?

Originally posted by wfgsu
say man do you know what sarcastic means, please reread the first sentence and then ask me a question that makes since. what in the world (i wanted to say hell but i didn't want you to get mad), does steve harvey's educatioon have to do with this conversation, don't try to find any justification to the notion that grambling's drum section had chance.............please dog don't lie to yourself, i love the school spirit but that rule doesn't apply in a slaughter of the magnitude.

Originally posted by Vinita
WTF does Steve Harvey's education have to do with who won a battle of the drumlines?

Boy, some of y'all be on some DIFFERENT ISHT some days!
vinita, i like you because you tell it tiz....SOME DIFFERENT ISHT>>>THAT IS A GOOD ONE.

Re: Re: ?

Originally posted by ClevePVAMU
Not really speaking on Steve. Tellitlikeitiz said he was being sarcastic, anyway. I'm talking about folks that think they are hot stuff because they did some ol' bull crap and it got a little house, compared to the opponent who looked and sounded better in the eyes of fellow musicians as well as most laypeople.

Speaking of house, in a forum of people that really watch bands (i.e. the BOTBs Sat. morning), even HS kids notice that Gram isn't where they need to be. It was quiet at Sprague after they performed. Something to ponder...
clevepvamu, what was your view of the battle....be animated, because we have readers that were not there.....ha ha ha

Re: Re: Re: ?

Originally posted by tellitlikeittiz
clevepvamu, what was your view of the battle....be animated, because we have readers that were not there.....ha ha ha

I wasn't able to attend. My sister performed for Willowridge H.S. that morning, and she said she was really disappointed with GSU. Grown people have told be the same thing as well.

A side note on Steve Harvey: it not about educational level. If you have a Ph.D. and know nothing about music or how a band should sound, then I'm going to take your opinion on who is better with a grain of salt.

What if I have a GED, work at Mickey D's, and still don't know anything about music ... will you take my opinion with grain of salt, or will you take fries with that?

:xeye:

:confused:

:)

[size=0.3]Mighty Dog, send help![/size]

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
i can't lie GSU has made major improvements....but comparing them to PV in anything is like comparing chicken wings from hooteres to a lunchable.. PV=wings from hooters Grambling=lunchable, but a good lunchable with a drink! watch someone say i don't like no mofo wings!!! LMAO:lmao:

Grambling had some nice sticking going on. PV had an overall better crowd pleasing show.

ALL JOKES ASIDE, ON FRIDAY GRAMBLING JUST LOOKED UNPREPARED! THE BOX COMPARED TO CHOCOLATE THUNDER WAS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY. GRAMBLING HAD NOW IDEA OF WHAT WAS GOING ON. NOW, IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN NEXT YEAR THEN I CAN SEE THEM BEING MORE PEPARED, BUT ON FRIDAY THEY LOOKED WEAKER THAN WHAT THEY NORMALLY ARE. I AM AN OLD SCHOOL BOX MEMBER AND I AM NOT BEING BIASED, I JUST THINK THAT CHOCOLATE THUNDER COULD HAVE BEEN MORE CREATIVE WHEN COMING TO BATTLE WITH THE BOX.

Man, already, check it for the peeps that wasn't there! PV went on and did the usual, a tight show, and don't get me wrong, there were some flaws, then Gram went on and did there thing, yes flaws there to, but overall, it was a good showcase, let me say it again, "Showcase", they showed the crowd was PV was all about and Gram showed the crowd was Gram was all about. The timing was messed up and every, we weren't even on stage together so thats how it went. And to say that ya'll slaughtered, lol, "ohh ya'll tight," remember that, ya'll need to check ya'll crabs! Ohh for the old head, yes, Gram is different now! Exits tha building!

Originally posted by SnareBaby954
Man, already, check it for the peeps that wasn't there! PV went on and did the usual, a tight show, and don't get me wrong, there were some flaws, then Gram went on and did there thing, yes flaws there to, but overall, it was a good showcase, let me say it again, "Showcase", they showed the crowd was PV was all about and Gram showed the crowd was Gram was all about. The timing was messed up and every, we weren't even on stage together so thats how it went. And to say that ya'll slaughtered, lol, "ohh ya'll tight," remember that, ya'll need to check ya'll crabs! Ohh for the old head, yes, Gram is different now! Exits tha building!
i can not believe school spirit. i was reading tellitlikeittiz and he said it best, the school spirit rule does not apply. pv slaughtered gram friday night and that's the bottom line. i said i wasn't going to post on this topic because i just wanted to see what people had to say, sometimes you have to just say that my school got their azzez whupped,kicked and ripped apart. by me being directly responsible for this humiliating azz kicking i didn't want to post but, sometimes you have to draw the line. quit tripp'n and give us the "W". what do we have to do jump out of a plane and parachute down while doing a feature in midair and then do the drum to drum when we land......dam props please

Re: Re: Re: Re: ?

Originally posted by ClevePVAMU
I wasn't able to attend. My sister performed for Willowridge H.S. that morning, and she said she was really disappointed with GSU. Grown people have told be the same thing as well.

A side note on Steve Harvey: it not about educational level. If you have a Ph.D. and know nothing about music or how a band should sound, then I'm going to take your opinion on who is better with a grain of salt.

How did the Wridge do? PM it to me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ?

Originally posted by lilC
How did the Wridge do? PM it to me.
you have to empty your mail box...........what's up?? did y'all have a game this end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back