Band Diredtors

Blue Giant

Da Cassanova of the Ghett
Do you believe that your band director hurting your program or is he pushing it in the right direction?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Blue Giant
Do you believe that your band director hurting your program or is he pushing it in the right direction?

I think a lot of Jackson State alumni have been asking this question since 1991.

There has been days that the students at UAPB wanted to get rid of Graham, but we couldn't knock him cause he was teaching the things we needed to know but most of the students were at the point that they just didn't want to pay attention. All in All even though Graham do some stupid ish, he still a tight director in his own way.

Gone but not forgotten
#15of25 fall 99 T PSI PHI
The human Blunt
Boogie

Sometimes I wonder if Graham really knows if he knows the outcome of things.... We've gone through some trials as a band this past year. Hopefully in Fall 03, well understand that Graham ain't going no where for a while....

Say Miss Pine Bluff to me Dr. Graham has done wonders to you all. I can remember just a few years ago you all were getting blown out. But now instead of being on the recieving in your are on the giving in. Maybe I say that because I am not in you alls program but from the outside looking in it seems as if you are on the up rising. Pretty soon you all might even dethrone JSU and SU.

I have talk to different frat and soror from UAPB they all pretty much say the same thing about Graham. About how he does some things that they dont agree with, and how some of those things are just outright wrong. But as a person, you will say, I would have handle that different, Or I would have done this. Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride. Thats all in part of why we pledge. Remember you pledge for the greater good of the band. If the frat and the band director are into and you get kick off the yard. Can you imagine your band without KKY, Ican't?suggestion; Try and learn how to work with him to get what you want. Try it and see the things you can accomplish

Originally posted by World Famed
Pretty soon you all might even dethrone JSU and SU.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
this has to be what yo ubeen doin!!!!!! you might be on that hard sayin stuff like that!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

All I can say is a house that is divided against itself can not stand . Someone, more importantly a group of someones has to find a way to bring about a compromisable change. We are shooting ourselves in the foot. TIME MANAGEMENT is killing us. One person can't do it alone. I will always believe that you have to incorporate people around you that are stronger and knowledge-able in areas that you are not. That is not a threat. That only makes you better. They also have to STAND UNITED. I see the good that is being done . I see improvements in certain areas and I also see the short comings. I will do everything I can to bend the ear with the objective of correcting some of these mishaps. And I will see you soon Blue Giant.

Originally posted by World Famed
Pretty soon you all might even dethrone JSU and SU.

Words from a man Dethroned by the Bluff, and as far as JSU and SU, They will always be crowd faves, but I think we're closer to thrashin them than yall, but hey let's keep it nice.

Gone but not forgotten
D.G. Steezo:cool:

Originally posted by DonGiovonni
Words from a man Dethroned by the Bluff, and as far as JSU and SU, They will always be crowd faves, but I think we're closer to thrashin them than yall, but hey let's keep it nice.

Gone but not forgotten
D.G. Steezo:cool:
I wouldn't go that far,... nor would I under estimate the competition regardless of past encounters. I won't even think on the grounds of field shows!!! I wouldn't sell the G short like that. However, we can use this degrading to our advantage.

Just keeping it realistic

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Hey Legend I honor that cause that's exactly what the Bluff did, took all of the compliments and complants, the down talking and hating, the critiques about the band, improved and moving on.

"Words of Wisdom from a Non-Fraturnal person"

Gone but not forgotten
D.G.Steezo:cool:

Originally posted by Blue Giant
I have talk to different frat and soror from UAPB they all pretty much say the same thing about Graham. About how he does some things that they dont agree with, and how some of those things are just outright wrong. But as a person, you will say, I would have handle that different, Or I would have done this. Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride. Thats all in part of why we pledge. Remember you pledge for the greater good of the band. If the frat and the band director are into and you get kick off the yard. Can you imagine your band without KKY, Ican't?suggestion; Try and learn how to work with him to get what you want. Try it and see the things you can accomplish

You are right Mr. Grham has done alot for the band. I am not going to put my band's business out there too much. All i'm going to say is those who hae marched the field in M4 know what the deal is. Hopefully this year we can be a success as a band in performance like last year,but add obedience and unity from the band directors to the crabs.:spin: :nod2:

EVEN THOUGH HURRICANE ISAAC DOES DO A LOT OF DIRTY STUFF, WHEN I TALK TO MY PARTNERS IN OTHER BANDS....... THEY GET TREATED WAYYYYYY WORSE THAN WE DO............. WE GET TREATED SOMETHING LIKE KINGS COMPARED TO OTHERS....... I KNOW WE MAY NOT THINK WE ARE BUT WE ARE PRETTY WELL TAKEN CARE OF.............

GOOD OLE PATTY!!!!!!

I was crab in 1990. Dowell Taylor was the band director. That was his last year as director before "Pop's" took the lead. Pop's was "Old School" and there were times when I had doubts. Dr. Liddell came in 1992. In the beginning we were very skepticle.

I must say that Dr. Liddell has conformed to become quite popular. He had to change because of the SWAC way of doing things. Roll with the masses or get rolled over. He has done a very good job, I must say. The past few years, "They Boom" has really moved in the right direction. They have been choppin heads and taking names. Always a good show and ready to bring the heat before, during and after each and every contest.

So I would say that he has been an asset.

As far as the "U" is concerned, I think that "Patty" has passed his prime. Maybe it wouldn't be bad idea to pass the reigns to some one else. Just my opinion. Seems as if he's hold em back at times. But, not my program, so I can't comment.

This is kinda off the subject, but the guys at Showtime-Mag have interviwed Dr. White from FAMU and Dr. Greggs from Southern. The interviews are worth listening to.....

Go to Showtime-Mag, and go to the Media Gallery, and you'll see them........

For you Jackson State cats, you need to listen to Gregg's interview. He tells where the SU 'sound' really came from---Paul I Adams. He talks about Paul Adams several times in the interview....:dude:

KKY10 we all had our hesitation on Liddell. I think he has proven himself also. The band is blowing people away. The band is more agressive in kicking azz. J-State owns the stands and 5th quarter hands down. I think the dance routines can be a little better. But Doc has recruited some outstanding players to the program. I think that is the key.

ok

I'M GOING TO SAY IT I'M NOT GOING TO HOLD BACK I REALLY DO THINK DOCTOR PANELL IS HOLDING GRAMBLING BACK HE HAS A LOT OF BAD JUDGEMENTS I PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO HIM. THE BAND HAS TO MUCH POTENTIAL TO GO THROUGH WHAT THEY ARE GOING THROUGH AND TO THINK HE WAS IN THE IN THE BAND AT GRAMBLING UNDER CONRAD HE MUST DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION TO HIM OR SOMETHING. I KNOW IF ANOTHER DIRECTOR SAY JOHNSON OR WILLIS WAS OVER THAT BAND IT WILL BE SUPER AGAIN BECAUSE WHEN WILLIS AND JOHNSON HAD IT THE BAND WAS PRODUCING AND GETTER BETTER EVERY YEAR THEY HAD IT. SO YES IT'S THE BAND DIRECTOR I CAN SAFELY SAY AT GRAM. STUDENTS AS A WHOLE NEED TO VOICE THEIR OPINIONS OR SOMETHING TO SUGGEST THINGS BECAUSE IT'S THE STUDENTS BAND HE NEEDS BODIES TO HAVE A JOB REMEMBER THAT. IF YOU WANT TO BE BACK AS A POSITIVE ICON AND NOT HEARING THE NEGATIVE STATEMENTS THE STUDENTS ARE GOING TO HAVE TO STEP UP.

Back