Bama State vs. Pine Bluff

The Alabama State vs. Pine Bluff game clock is ticking. If Bama State wins, they will play Southern for the SWAC Championship. If Bama State is defeated by Pine Bluff they will play Pine Bluff for the SWAC Championship.

Coach Coe, Bama State's Head Coach, has to make a decision to either play his best or let the best rest. My question to the forum is " If you were Coach Coe, how would you approach this game?

If I were Coach Coe, I would be hungry for SU revenge, yet I ain't crazy either. A championship would also look very good.

Beat APBU arse and beat the Hell out of Southern.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
If I were the coach it wouldn't matter to me if it were UAPB or SU. However being in this posistion and having clinched the SWAC East, I would not play my key players no more than 1 quarter.

SU is resting its starters this weekend, so would I.

Also, Don't forget about the fellas in the black & white stripes!!! The SWAC office don't want UAPB in B'Ham! They probally cut a fresh check for the refs!!! :smh: :shame:

philharmonic said:
Also, Don't forget about the fellas in the black & white stripes!!! The SWAC office don't want UAPB in B'Ham! They probally cut a fresh check for the refs!!! :smh: :shame:

Forreal!!!!!

It might get Shiesty!!!

Sh$$t, we have been complaining about the SWAC referees for years now. There is no telling what will happen in this game.

Man you guys need to grow up. The SWAC officials are not beating you. Your sorry azzed teams have been deficient. Stop making excuses and recruit better players. All of these excuses that you all make up is what loser programs do. Have you all ever noticed grambling never complains about the officials when they lose to Southern? Tell your people to recruit better athletes and everything else will take care of itself.

I would coach and expect my players to play to win the game. Although it might be a bit more difficult and emotional decision after losing last week to Tuskegee. But, without question, I would not play any player with minor injuries or ones that are questionable about their health in this game. It is more important that my players are healthly and ready to go and leave everything on field for the SWAC Championship Game. Especially, with the fact, in all reality a shot at a National Black College Championship is out the picture after the loss to Tuskegee.

JROCK said:
Man you guys need to grow up. The SWAC officials are not beating you. Your sorry azzed teams have been deficient. Stop making excuses and recruit better players. All of these excuses that you all make up is what loser programs do. Have you all ever noticed grambling never complains about the officials when they lose to Southern? Tell your people to recruit better athletes and everything else will take care of itself.

JROCK, I am convinced you can't engage in a discussion on the SPORTS BOARD without posting ish that is totally stupid.

Because all of this foolishness could have been avoided I would go out of my way to piss off the SWAC office and the main institution (SU) that is causing the problem.

I would play the game out and let the chips fall where they may. I wouldn't rest any players significantly. Maybe the last two quarters, but not out for the game....that could harm them more than hurt them. ASU should play the game as if it is a regular game. I can see the advantages in not doing so though....A UAPB win could mean an easy SCG win for ASU.... AFTER ALL..JSU BEAT THE SH*T OUT OF UAPB. ...either way it goes...It's a good position to be in...knowing you are in regardless.

UAPB leads the series 4-3. Actually, these two teams on paper match-up very well. They both have 2 or the top 4 rushers in the SWAC, the top defenses in the SWAC. ASU has a better passing game, but UAPB numbers are better on special teams. Last meeting decided by 2 points (ASU), meeting before that decided by 6 points (UAPB).

These two schools actually have played each other very well in the past. This could be very interesting.

Back