Bama St Please Explain....

J-State Tiger

Senate Candidate #7
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/3rdandlong.htm

HORNETS' DREAM ON HOLD
Question. How does an institution jump from I-AA to I-A with no president, no athletic director, no facility, and no money? Answer. It doesn't. In 1999, Alabama State trustee Donald Watkins unveiled his plan to make ASU the first historically black university to move to the I-A level in football. The plan relied on $100 million in private funds and included a 40,000 facility and a Black College Sports Hall of Fame, among other features. The projected move helped ASU land former Tennessee State head coach L.C. Cole in December of 1999, though Cole has never been tendered a contract. Watkins resigned from the ASU board due to in-fighting over the plan, and told the Montgomery Advertiser this week that he may take the plan to another historically black institution. "If they don't want it, I'm not going to let all of this [work] go to waste," said Watkins. I'm no expert in these matters, Donald, but here's a tip: things might be easier if you hooked up with a school that had some leadership in place.

Now what is it about the state of Bama that makes people not want to have a contract or not to sign a contract? What does cole do get paid in food stamps?
:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Like I said before some schools will do anything to make the headlines, no matter what it takes.

Alabama State had better go ahead and lock up Cole with a contract. As soon as Hughes gets fired for going 6-5 or 4-7 this year, the folk at JSU will be looking to sign L.C. Cole.

L.C. will jump at the chance. No knock on Alabama State, but LC will want to go to Jackson State so that he can play GSU and SU every year. At Alabama State, there is no guarantee that GSU and SU will always be on the schedule. Although GSU will continue to play Bama State, the jaguars will rotate you off their schedule (especially after consecutive losses).

LC knows that SU will play Jackson regardless because of the payday. He will enjoy beating Richardson so that he and little Johnny can get back at Pete and Orlando.

Misinformation is a MF, especially "old misinformation"!!!!!!
:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

When will they learn? :rolleyes:

on second thought...

Can they learn? :confused: :confused:

I said that a few years ago, ASU was full of it. <br>BTW, I as far as I am concerned, we don't need to play none of them Bamma schools if we don't have to whether they beat us or not. It just a worth it. beating them at accomplishing much, because they some nobody's. Esp. to drive way to Hicksville (at least Mobile is closer for a road game)

Originally posted by Lewis

It just a worth it. beating them at accomplishing much, because they some nobody's. Esp. to drive way to Hicksville

Dayum Lewis.......with quotes like this, YOU sound like the "hicktown" native. Is that "L" we gave you still naggin at ya? Apparently so. Get over it friend. Your chance for revenge is riiiight around the corner.

Like MH said JST, this is OLD misinformation. Ive been waiting for you guys to jump on this waaay back. (Better late than never I suppose.)

Im' making refrence to the Watkins / board member issues. I am unaware of contract status at the present time.

Biff,

These clowns are kind of gullible. If D. Whiteman says it, they'll believe it! :rolleyes:

btw, Lewie
I'm sure you were one of those Jags who wanted to play Benny College, instead of the HORNETS. We understand why. Trust me, we do!!!!

Originally posted by mighty hornet
Biff,

These clowns are kind of gullible. If D. Whiteman says it, they'll believe it! :rolleyes:

So, does this mean that L. C. has a contract??? I'll take your word over D. Whiteman, if you got any word at all.;)

Ohhhhhhhhhh
now I get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JST, rob
In the back of yall mind, yall thinking that L.C. can replace J.W.(jockwash) once jsue gives him his walking papers in a few months!!!! Damn, yall could at least act like maybe Hughes had a chance. I kinda feel sorry for the ole fella, knowing he gon get axed soon and very soon. I hope he didn't forget all of his old tricks at getting out those tough stains. I'm sure there is a laundrymat or a dry cleaners that could use his skills.

btw, as far as L.C. leaving, it aint happening, sorry!!! :( :(

Originally posted by mighty hornet
Ohhhhhhhhhh
now I get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JST, rob
In the back of yall mind, yall thinking that L.C. can replace J.W.(jockwash) once jsue gives him his walking papers in a few months!!!! Damn, yall could at least act like maybe Hughes had a chance. I kinda feel sorry for the ole fella, knowing he gon get axed soon and very soon. I hope he didn't forget all of his old tricks at getting out those tough stains. I'm sure there is a laundrymat or a dry cleaners that could use his skills.

btw, as far as L.C. leaving, it aint happening, sorry!!! :( :(
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Does this mean that L.C. has a contract??? Just axing.

Man who other than Bama St would Want LC? Isnt he the man that got TSU in trouble with the NCAA? He couldnt even beat Cooper.

Does he does, or does he doesnt have a contract?

btw, Lewie
I'm sure you were one of those Jags who wanted to play Benny College, instead of the HORNETS. We
understand why. Trust me, we do!!!!

BIFF
Nope, but we did not have to give them a home and home, just a 1 game deal at our place.
<br>But I know yall ain't talking about schedules with the following on yours:<br>

<br>Alabama St. vs. Johnson. C. Smith - Montgomery, AL-7:00p
<br>Alabama State vs. Clark Atlanta - Montgomery, AL - 1:30p

<br> Alabama State vs. Tuskegee - Montgomery, AL - 1:00p (DII)

Back