Awesome year SWAC

Rattler73

I was just thinking, last weekend the SWAC had 2 games with attendance of over 50,000 fans. This weekend there will be at least 1 game with 50,000+ fans in New Orleans, and a team in FSC playoffs. Next weekend another 50,000+ fans in Jackson for SWAC championship. You know, that's pretty damn good.

One more point for all you marketing geeks like me. This is a huge selling point for SWAC to networks. When you add social media to this audience, more particular an audience that you identify; some college, black, middle to upper income, wow!!! There are so many media outlets that audiences are fragmented. To capture an audience that you can identify is worth a kings ransom. The commish is a wise man, adding state of Florida is big...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I was just thinking, last weekend the SWAC had 2 games with attendance of over 50,000 fans. This weekend there will be at least 1 game with 50,000+ fans in New Orleans, and a team in FSC playoffs. Next weekend another 50,000+ fans in Jackson for SWAC championship. You know, that's pretty damn good.
It's fitting that increased greatness would occur in The SWAC's 100th year.

Nice post man. 👍🏿

FAM, this the SWAC. We show up and out. The Bayou Classic has been the biggest Black social event for years. The Soul Bowl attendance is not shocking as J-State and Alcorn has always represented.

The question is what has taken FAM so long to join as natural rivalries and geographic advantages were obvious. Enjoy the ride as the SWAC will be at its best once the Icon of BCF regains its throne.

Last edited:
FAM, this the SWAC. We show up and out. The Bayou Classic has been the biggest Black social event for years. The Soul Bowl attendance is not shocking as J-State and Alcorn has always represented.

The question is what has taken FAM so long to join as natural rivalries and geographic advantages were obvious. Enjoy the ride as the SWAC will be at its best once the Icon of BCF regains it’s throne.
We’ll be waiting.

I don't like that the conference took the ESPN+ route on most of the games. It drives more income to them and not the conference overall as they could have done the same thing with their own broadcast of those games on a new SDN and reaped the rewards.

Sounds good but I doubt 50K show up for the Bayou Classic…

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

The question is what has taken FAM so long to join as natural rivalries and geographic advantages were obvious. Enjoy the ride as the SWAC will be at its best once the Icon of BCF regains it’s throne.
The "eyes" of Prairie View A&M University staring down GST and GramFam.

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Last edited:
I don't like that the conference took the ESPN+ route on most of the games. It drives more income to them and not the conference overall as they could have done the same thing with their own broadcast of those games on a new SDN and reaped the rewards.

I will continue to die on the hill that the SWAC should take some of the sponsorship dollars ($1-$2 million) and build up the SDN like the OVC did and show all the games not tied to ESPN+ there. We know the SDN shows a quality broadcast so we know they are capable. Youtube/Roku are MUCH BETTER than ESPN+. I asked him directly when I was doing the guest host thing on BCE and it seems like he was intent on going the TV route with ESPN

Schools just have to agree to invest in it, get from behind paywalls and promote it. With the renewed interest in SWAC football, the ad dollars will come (and of course it will be equally split among the 12 schools).

And the halftime shows themselves can be shown with sponsors which is another revenue stream

I will continue to die on the hill that the SWAC should take some of the sponsorship dollars ($1-$2 million) and build up the SDN like the OVC did and show all the games not tied to ESPN+ there. We know the SDN shows a quality broadcast so we know they are capable. Youtube/Roku are MUCH BETTER than ESPN+. I asked him directly when I was doing the guest host thing on BCE and it seems like he was intent on going the TV route with ESPN

Schools just have to agree to invest in it, get from behind paywalls and promote it. With the renewed interest in SWAC football, the ad dollars will come (and of course it will be equally split among the 12 schools).

And the halftime shows themselves can be shown with sponsors which is another revenue stream
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

Based upon the following email that I received, ESPN+ will be on TV:

"Hulu + Live TV Price Change

The price of Hulu + Live TV will increase on December 21, 2021 to $69.99/month. With this change, your Hulu + Live TV subscription will include access to Disney+ and ESPN+*. As long as you have a current subscription with Disney+ and/or ESPN+, you will receive a monthly credit from Hulu for the retail value of any existing subscription(s) and, as a result, your monthly payment for Hulu + Live TV will decrease. No action is necessary to receive this credit.

Both the price change and any credit will be reflected in your first billing cycle on or after December 21. Your payment method on file will be charged the new price with the credit applied unless you cancel before the start of your first billing cycle on or after December 21."

That's how we ROLL in da SWAC!!!

Back