Attendance Figures??

Originally posted by Sonic98

There is no reason to move the GSU game to a neutral area. That won't help it attract anymore peole. Our people will go no matter where the game is.

So why was SU played in NO ?(Forgot the year).

$$$$$$ WILL MAKE YOU MOVE OUT THE WAY.
If those VEGAS folks asked both prez's to move the game, I bet they would sign that contract on the phone. .

Remember TSU VS GRAMBLING.

Originally posted by PRINCE HALL

So why was SU played in NO ?(Forgot the year).

$$$$$$ WILL MAKE YOU MOVE OUT THE WAY.
If those VEGAS folks asked both prez's to move the game, I bet they would sign that contract on the phone. .

Remember TSU VS GRAMBLING.

Just any neutral site and the Super Dome are two different things. First, the game is only played in NO every other year not permanently every year. The two teams played in SCG in 99, and the game was alwasy the biggest draw. The move to NO was thought to make it even bigger. That game was big before moving to NO, and I don't think it is any bigger from being there. The game still draws just as big a crowd the years the game is in Jackson. Plus, SU vs JSU is a big difference from GSU vs JSU. No one thinks " GSU vs JSU ooh I gotta go to that game." Until last season the GSU game was not one of our bigger games in Memorial. Plus the World Famed vs The Sonic Boom is nowhere near as big a draw as the Human Jukebox vs The Sonic Boom. The GSU game is only notable because the GSUs recent success. The recent history is not big enough to think it will turn into as big as match-up as JSU vs SU. As for the Las Vegas, HBCU bands don't just play there all the time, the situation is different. Come on now, if GSU wasn't defending champ who would really come to see them?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Of course some folks also refused to admit that the TENN ST. JSU game in Memphis wouldn't draw.

A GAME IS LIKE LIFE AND ONE MUST TAKE CHANCES.

JSU VS GRAMBLING

????//

THE HAM 40, 000

MEMPHIS 42, 000

ATLANTA 50, 000

CHICAGO 56, 000

DETROIT 41,000

SAN DIEGO or LA 45, 000

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: huh?

It would make no sense to a site other than Memorial or Eddie Robinson. The game doesnt have a big pull. I know our fans dont really care about the Grambling game.

-Tennessee State
-Southern
-Homecoming
-Alcorn

.....Those are our BIG games. That's just the truth. Our fans could care less for a GSU game in Jackson, much less driving hundreds of miles to see one. But who knows.... The right folx could probably pull it off. It would take lot of marketing though. ;)

Originally posted by PRINCE HALL
Of course some folks also refused to admit that the TENN ST. JSU game in Memphis wouldn't draw.

A GAME IS LIKE LIFE AND ONE MUST TAKE CHANCES.

JSU VS GRAMBLING

????//

THE HAM 40, 000

MEMPHIS 42, 000

ATLANTA 50, 000

CHICAGO 56, 000

DETROIT 41,000

SAN DIEGO or LA 45, 000

Come TnSU playing in TN against JSU and the BOOM. I mean they talked about JSU and TSU more in Memphis than they did U of M before the SHC even featured the two teams. That's practically a sure thing. LEt's look at the cities you mentioned and the game you're talking. Most of the biggest match-ups are already on neutral turf or classics. You can't just stick a game somewhere, call it a Classic, and expect it to be big. Most of the big match-ups are big match-ups for other reasons than just the fact that they're classics. In-state rivalry, one of the teams being an in-state school, or the two teams already having a rivalry. JSU vs GSU in a classic would draw initially but you couldn't expect it to be consistenly on of the biggest match-ups. I say wait 2 or 3 seasons to see if the GSU football continues to play at this level and hope that the GSU band actually makes some great improvements. Then the game might be seen as a big match-up.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE.....

You never had a clue. As a matter of fact, you don't know what a clue is. JSU vs GSU is not a big game. IF you weren't SWAC champs and we were playing you, people would look at our schedule an say "oh they're just playing GSU."

Back