ASU-SU

WHAT'S UP E! THE GAME WAS HYPE, BUT I WAS A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED WITH THE HALFTIME SHOWS OF BOTH BANDS. THEY BOTH HAVE BEEN DOING THE SAME SHOW ALL SEASON. I BELIEVE THEY BOTH COULD HAVE DONE BETTER. NEITHER GOT TO MUCH HOUSE ON THE FIELD. SU PLAYED SOMETHING IN THE STANDS IN THE SECOND HALF AND THE CROWD WENT CRAZY DOING THE DANCE. IF THEY WOULD HAVE DONE THAT ON THE FIELD THEY WOULD HAVE HOUSED OUT. IT IS ONE OF THOSE N.O THINGS,BUT IT WAS FUNKY AND HYPE. ASU WASN'T BAD, THEY JUST NEED SOME MORE WORK. THEY PLAYED ALMOST THE ENTIRE SECOND HALF. THIS YEAR'S BAND REMAINS ME OF 1990'S BAND. A M.F. IN THE STANDS. IN THOSE JEANS IS A #####. THEY HAVE A SONG LIST THIS SEASON. THEY HAVE TO PUT IT TOGETHER ON THE FIELD. IF DOC LET'S MR.J & KNIGHTON DO THEIR THING AND DRIVE THEM (MEANING NOT BEING IN THE DORM AT 8:15) THEY WOULD BE REAL GOOD. WE KNOW HE IS NOT GOING TO DO THAT. I CAN SAY THIS THE POTENTIAL IS THERE FOR ONE OF SU GREAT BANDS. ITS UP TO THEM TO UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL. THE SEPERATION BETWEEN SU & EVERYONE ELSE IS SRINKING FAST.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
AND AFTER ALL THESE YEARS OF BEING ON THE SWAC PAGE NONE OF US HAS LEARN A THING....

BAMA ST IS NOT ON THE SOUTHERN LEVEL YET....YET

SOUTHERN IS NOT ON BAMA ST LEVEL YET....YET

BOTH BAND ARE SHOW BANDS AND THEY BOTH PUT ON A SHOW WHO PUT ON THE BEST ONE IS STILL YET TO BE SHOWN...

AND OF COURSE IF YOUR IN BATON ROUGE YEP THE ATTENDANCE FROM THE GAME WILL STAY AND WATCH THE HOME TOWN TEAM BATTLE WIF THE GUESS SO THAT IS NO SHOCKER YOU SHOULD NEVER BRING THAT UP IN A DISCUSSION AGAIN...

BUT BAMA ST HAS HEART AND WILL GET BETTER
AND I THINK THAT STATE TOOK THE L BUT ONLY IN TIME WILL THOSE L TURN INTO W

SOUTHERN BE ON YOUR GUARD CAUSE YALL ARE SLIPPING IN AREAS THAT I NEVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE FOR THE BOX BUT TO YOUR PRAISE I ENJOYED JEANS AND YOU BRASS IS STILL TOP NOTCH IN THE CONF....BUT THEY ARE NOT AS STRONG AS SAY 3 YEARS AGO AND WHILE YOU SLEEP OTHERS ARE GETTING BETTER

SO BOX U GOT A "W' GOOD BUT ALL MIGHTY BANDS GET DELT WIF ASK FAMU CAUSE TSU GOT IN THE ......U KNOW

Originally posted by BOOGADUKE
AND AFTER ALL THESE YEARS OF BEING ON THE SWAC PAGE NONE OF US HAS LEARN A THING....

BAMA ST IS NOT ON THE SOUTHERN LEVEL YET....YET

SOUTHERN IS NOT ON BAMA ST LEVEL YET....YET

BOTH BAND ARE SHOW BANDS AND THEY BOTH PUT ON A SHOW WHO PUT ON THE BEST ONE IS STILL YET TO BE SHOWN...

AND OF COURSE IF YOUR IN BATON ROUGE YEP THE ATTENDANCE FROM THE GAME WILL STAY AND WATCH THE HOME TOWN TEAM BATTLE WIF THE GUESS SO THAT IS NO SHOCKER YOU SHOULD NEVER BRING THAT UP IN A DISCUSSION AGAIN...

BUT BAMA ST HAS HEART AND WILL GET BETTER
AND I THINK THAT STATE TOOK THE L BUT ONLY IN TIME WILL THOSE L TURN INTO W

SOUTHERN BE ON YOUR GUARD CAUSE YALL ARE SLIPPING IN AREAS THAT I NEVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE FOR THE BOX BUT TO YOUR PRAISE I ENJOYED JEANS AND YOU BRASS IS STILL TOP NOTCH IN THE CONF....BUT THEY ARE NOT AS STRONG AS SAY 3 YEARS AGO AND WHILE YOU SLEEP OTHERS ARE GETTING BETTER

SO BOX U GOT A "W' GOOD BUT ALL MIGHTY BANDS GET DELT WIF ASK FAMU CAUSE TSU GOT IN THE ......U KNOW

What areas are they slipping in besides playing more during the game against certain opponents?

I know for a fact the sound can be projected more on the field...I honestly haven't heard another HBCU that drills the whole show that produces more sound than SU on the field... Now I heard bands that prduced more sound on the filed only because they stad in place most of the time...

But I am interested in these areas they are slipping in...

Me personally I think they are a big improvment from the last 3 years...

POWER is much greater than the past 3 years....

Originally posted by Joker10AsU
SU just doesn't want to admit that they took a trashing!!!

Dayum you are sad...... An ole head from ASU just stated SU took the W....

A trashing from a band that has a unblanaced sound, that can't come close to SU on the field.......

SU took a trashing alright, that trash you all was putting across the field.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jacob21jo
SU just want admit they took a trashing

I guess they did, from a band that sound like trsh compare to them....you are right....

Go get a tape, maybe you'll shuttup then..

Originally posted by SUtrp96
What areas are they slipping in besides playing more during the game against certain opponents?

I know for a fact the sound can be projected more on the field...I honestly haven't heard another HBCU that drills the whole show that produces more sound than SU on the field... Now I heard bands that prduced more sound on the filed only because they stad in place most of the time...

But I am interested in these areas they are slipping in...

Me personally I think they are a big improvment from the last 3 years...

POWER is much greater than the past 3 years....

Well as we all know this is just what I see...

yep you have a point SU does drill and they do have what I call the best balance in sound.....but balance is from most of SU and for a matter of fact most HBCUS is brass.....

SU'S brass is not to the level they were in 99,00 .... the performance that the brass gives just dont do it for me on more
I have come to expect what they do and they just havent made me go wow the b tones were the bomb or something....In overall
field presentation the box will bring it but it is some of these small things that will be the demise
this is what happen to the slaw bands of today...one min your on top of the world and the next your slaw it happens to the best of them

deal with it

Originally posted by BOOGADUKE
Well as we all know this is just what I see...

yep you have a point SU does drill and they do have what I call the best balance in sound.....but balance is from most of SU and for a matter of fact most HBCUS is brass.....

SU'S brass is not to the level they were in 99,00 .... the performance that the brass gives just dont do it for me on more
I have come to expect what they do and they just havent made me go wow the b tones were the bomb or something....In overall
field presentation the box will bring it but it is some of these small things that will be the demise
this is what happen to the slaw bands of today...one min your on top of the world and the next your slaw it happens to the best of them

deal with it

So you are saying SU is on there way to being SLAW?....lmao:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by SUtrp96
So you are saying SU is on there way to being SLAW?....lmao:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:bawling:

YOU SOOOOOO FUNNYYYYYYY
NEVER SAID THAT BUT ANYTING IS POSSIBLE

EVERYONE CAN SLIP AND FALL IT IS JUST HOW U GET UP THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE...

AND TO ANSWER THAT NO "DA BOX" IS NOT ABOUT TO BECOME SLAW WELL AT LEAST NO TIME SOON

HE WASN'T EVEN AT THE GAME...I WAS, THERE WERE SEVERAL SU PEOPLE THAT SAID WE WERE BETTER..........BAMA STATE DIDN'T TAKE AN "L"....KILL THAT NOISE ABOUT SOME LEVEL THAT SU IS ON....THEIR "GREATNESS" IS FALLING FAST!!!!!!

Originally posted by BG IS BACK
HE WASN'T EVEN AT THE GAME...I WAS, THERE WERE SEVERAL SU PEOPLE THAT SAID WE WERE BETTER..........BAMA STATE DIDN'T TAKE AN "L"....KILL THAT NOISE ABOUT SOME LEVEL THAT SU IS ON....THEIR "GREATNESS" IS FALLING FAST!!!!!!

Let it go son.....

The clips and tapes already exposed the lies of Bama.

Read between the lines...ASouthernRUniversityE YHumanOJukeboxU REATook the "W"DING???

And if you are as good as you say you are, then why did one of your own make a thread asking what people think of Bama. _ _ _!:rolleyes:

Get some degrees and arrange better. Then just maybe...just maybe, you'll be good enough to actually play against.

AND DOWN!!!

Originally posted by BG IS BACK

OK.. this coming from a person who has absolutely no credibilty.
DUDE your lame and you have no degree. PLUS you march with SLAW..

You know what.. how about you get an virtual 'W'.
Happy now?
:)

Or even better...
When will yo azz get a degree? :idea:

I think the Jags cant face the fact that they got blown out
All these topic just to prove to people that yall wernt blown out
man yall are just Lame

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Jacob21jo
I think the Jags cant face the fact that they got blown out
All these topic just to prove to people that yall wernt blown out
man yall are just Lame

will it ever end......................blown out blown out.........i want it noted that no su member brought up anything about volume in the course of these topics, since some people like to claim we are the first ones to bring it up..........jacking our arrangements won't make you as powerful as us bama st..................:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: .....next stop pine blizzle IN BaToN RoUgE

I guess you just had to be there to see who took the "L". Some would say State took the L while others say SU took the "L". I am not even in the band and someone from your school told me that SU took the L. I suspect that it has something to do with seeing the same show over and over again. By any account, I think both bands did a great job. I think SU had a better field show in terms of drilling while state had the better dancers and dance routine. As far as the stands go, I would say State took the W mostly because SU didn't play a lot and what little they did play didn't impress me. Yall's sound has diminished a lot since the last time I saw you guys in Mobile in 98 I believe. I noticed this since last Senior Bowl.

Carry on.:rolleyes:

smh

i've solved the case! Yall (bama st) folks think that SU has lost its powerful sound.

When was the last time you guys played southern in A.W. Mumford stadium?

Smh..see you guys fail to realize that you guys wasnt hearing SU..yall heard echo's...lol

LAWS of Physic's send help!

for the unteenth time.. In mumford S U doesnt even face you SLAW arse negros.
Every year some lame azz band come saying the same thing about S U's volume in mumford..then come Bayou Classic.. they say SU is the truth..smh SU been and always will be the truth.

What UAPB gone say this weekend.. " SU yall dont have that sound yall use to have" lol at all waaaaaay on the side of the northern endzone facing SU....WHILE SU IS facing straight and their located at the 30yrd line near the South Endzone (near score board for you slow folks). No tell me what you heard vs. what people directly across that field heard..

COmments?

BTW im waiting for one of you to say " thats and excuse" when you do ill slap yo azz with my Elements of physic's book about 50 times.

BASICALLY the pattern I see is that everyone on here thinks we blow the isht out of other bands, but when we play THEIR school, we're the ones to get blown the ucfk out. Everyone wants to be the one to take SU out...:rolleyes:

Jukebox,
One thing you must always understand is the Jukebox is not judged against its opposition. It is judged against its reputation on every performance. So, when the crowd views your performance (entrance, stands, support of team, halftime, 5th Quarter, etc...), they are doing so with the expectation of the Jukebox's reputation, especially that which has been built since 1969.
On the other hand, the opposing band is judged against its reputation. I promise you, that grading scale is always much easier and forgiving.
So, the debate about whether you were better than the Hornets is really not important. The question is are the Jukebox alums from the '70s (two of which are with you daily) are impressed with what you did and how you did it; Are the Jukebox alums from the '80s impressed with what you did and how you did it; Are the Jukebox alums from the '90s impressed with what you did and how you did it. If their chest is out with pride when you leave the field and when you leave the stands, you've WAXED major butt as is expected in the eyes of the Jukebox.

Bama St,
I'm real with you. This is the best Hornets band I've seen. I've seen them almost every other year since 1985 (my sophomore year at SU). However, you aren't on SU's level yet. You are making some really good strides. But, you've got some growing to do. The dancers were solid. Mixing some real dancing with some hip-hop (for the house) is tight. You've got to finds some strong first trumpets. That is the weakest link you have. Keep working for more perfection. If so, you are going to make some noise and earn some respect. You don't get it with your mouth or on the SWACPage. You earn it on the field.

All bands,
You all kill me getting on here debating who was better than whom. If the stadium isn't on their feet rocking, hollering and waving their shakers when you get off the field, it AIN'T WORTH THE DEBATE. If one received that type of love from the crowd and the other didn't, there isn't a need to ask who was better for the crowd answered it very clearly. If both received that type of love, then get on here and debate the details of what separated your HOUSE from your opponents HOUSE.

When FAMU left Mumford in '86, they were humbled. They knew they were WAXED. We were told by friends of the Marching 100 members that had friends in the JUKEBOX that they rode back to Florida on a silent bus. When we went to Jackson in '85 and '87, we left the field with both sides of the stadium on their feet cheering, screaming, etc... for us and what we had left on the field. As we walked around the track back to our side and JSU's show began, they continued to cheer for us. JSU didn't get that same love. So, there was no debate.

However, in '86 when TxSU came to SU with their Shout show. We both rocked the house. They got a little more house throughout the show, but they also were booed on the last song they did. Thus, the debate was on. I say you never can win when you get booed and the other band doesn't get booed. Most of our friends in TxSU argued they won because they got a little more house than we did throughout the show. Bottom line was both bands earn much love from the crowd, so there was room for a debate.

PEACE!!!

Originally posted by ZNSPR8502
Jukebox,
One thing you must always understand is the Jukebox is not judged against its opposition. It is judged against its reputation on every performance. So, when the crowd views your performance (entrance, stands, support of team, halftime, 5th Quarter, etc...), they are doing so with the expectation of the Jukebox's reputation, especially that which has been built since 1969.
On the other hand, the opposing band is judged against its reputation. I promise you, that grading scale is always much easier and forgiving.
So, the debate about whether you were better than the Hornets is really not important. The question is are the Jukebox alums from the '70s (two of which are with you daily) are impressed with what you did and how you did it; Are the Jukebox alums from the '80s impressed with what you did and how you did it; Are the Jukebox alums from the '90s impressed with what you did and how you did it. If their chest is out with pride when you leave the field and when you leave the stands, you've WAXED major butt as is expected in the eyes of the Jukebox.

Bama St,
I'm real with you. This is the best Hornets band I've seen. I've seen them almost every other year since 1985 (my sophomore year at SU). However, you aren't on SU's level yet. You are making some really good strides. But, you've got some growing to do. The dancers were solid. Mixing some real dancing with some hip-hop (for the house) is tight. You've got to finds some strong first trumpets. That is the weakest link you have. Keep working for more perfection. If so, you are going to make some noise and earn some respect. You don't get it with your mouth or on the SWACPage. You earn it on the field.

All bands,
You all kill me getting on here debating who was better than whom. If the stadium isn't on their feet rocking, hollering and waving their shakers when you get off the field, it AIN'T WORTH THE DEBATE. If one received that type of love from the crowd and the other didn't, there isn't a need to ask who was better for the crowd answered it very clearly. If both received that type of love, then get on here and debate the details of what separated your HOUSE from your opponents HOUSE.

When FAMU left Mumford in '86, they were humbled. They knew they were WAXED. We were told by friends of the Marching 100 members that had friends in the JUKEBOX that they rode back to Florida on a silent bus. When we went to Jackson in '85 and '87, we left the field with both sides of the stadium on their feet cheering, screaming, etc... for us and what we had left on the field. As we walked around the track back to our side and JSU's show began, they continued to cheer for us. JSU didn't get that same love. So, there was no debate.

However, in '86 when TxSU came to SU with their Shout show. We both rocked the house. They got a little more house throughout the show, but they also were booed on the last song they did. Thus, the debate was on. I say you never can win when you get booed and the other band doesn't get booed. Most of our friends in TxSU argued they won because they got a little more house than we did throughout the show. Bottom line was both bands earn much love from the crowd, so there was room for a debate.

PEACE!!!

This is so true. Hey man P.M. me your number I have to talk with u.

I remember one Magic City Classic, I think it was either 91 or 92, either way it was the early 90's, Bama State started the field show off with a magic trick in which one of the drum majors disappeared, and then reappeared from an empty box. That shat was the tightest thing I'd ever seen a band do. Bama State was on fire that year and the field show and sound was awesome. They made my dawgs look bad. Since then, I've never seen Bama State at that peak.

Originally posted by Bulldog Fan
I remember one Magic City Classic, I think it was either 91 or 92, either way it was the early 90's, Bama State started the field show off with a magic trick in which one of the drum majors disappeared, and then reappeared from an empty box. That shat was the tightest thing I'd ever seen a band do. Bama State was on fire that year and the field show and sound was awesome. They made my dawgs look bad. Since then, I've never seen Bama State at that peak.

That was in 1994, my third year in the band. :D And I have that show on tape.

Originally posted by XHALE9802
hey i remember that show, that's when i was borderline Bama St....glad i saw the light, LOL!

Is that why you are blind now?

~hauling azz~ :lmao: :lmao:

Back