Another senseless murder.

Lenard

I cannot wrap my head around these last 2 weeks. My 21 y/o cousin was needlessly murdered in north Houston 2 weeks ago in front of a Stripes store drinking a coca-cola, no witnesses, no suspects, no leads, nothing...

And now this last Saturday morning early a.m. on the day when we funeralized younger cousin, a thing occurred earlier that morning. Zay was an integral part of my outreach program for the last 7 years. I spent too much time mentoring, tutoring here and there, & attempting to help him navigate life so that he could be successful and then this happens. 2 under my voice for years, futures ahead of them, needlessly terminated.

Just last night, after opening the gym, a few of them started this foolishness again. (Late teens/early 20s)

They all knew Zay & Tre' yet they persisted w/ strong talk of going to the car to get a heater when they coulsn't maturely reconcile a dispute on some bball calls and fouls. I shut it down early last night and made everyone leave after 45 or so minutes. Death all around them yet they seem to be unphased about losing 2 guys they knew and competed against and with. Mindless. smh

I made all of them get off the property and no hanging out in the lot.

Just last night, after opening the gym, a few of them started this foolishness again. (Late teens/early 20s)

They all knew Zay & Tre' yet they persisted w/ strong talk of going to the car to get a heater when they coulsn't maturely reconcile a dispute on some bball calls and fouls. I shut it down early last night and made everyone leave after 45 or so minutes. Death all around them yet they seem to be unphased about losing 2 guys they knew and competed against and with. Mindless. smh

I made all of them get off the property and no hanging out in the lot.
That hanging out is where a lot of shit starts.

Back