Andre Johnson is open to being head coach at Texas Southern (Chris Dishman Named Coach)

Bubba McDowell (PV) and Chris Dishman (TSU)..... 😁 I keep hearing that "Houston Oilers #1" song in my head right now....🤣😂

A lot of Guys who would have never seriously spoken to an HBCU school or Coach ( with backing from their familes) now strolling in looking for HC jobs most would never sniff even at a non FBS PWI . Including Mickey Joseph who " gets choked up" he claims speaking about Coach Rob , but would never ever thought of playing for him. Nothing against Dishman/ McDowell/ Johnson , but Sanders & Reed have left an extremely bitter taste in my mouth.

The 1st question I'd ask is ..........You chose not to go to an HBCU then why do you think my son or daughter should come play for YOU at a Black College?

he beats PV than all is forgiven lol

So this is you...... lol
Jerry Springer GIF by Judge Jerry

Choose Which One GIF by Susanne Lamb

But was he doing a good job at coaching? Because one has been doing something doesn't mean they've been doing it right.
Doesn't matter. " Star" from the nostalgic past ( most of these guys don't really resonate with young kids) . Players / families that would never ever have given SWAC Coaches / schools the time of day yet many HBCUs are rolling out the red carpet for them . Experience or not.

Doesn't matter. " Star" from the nostalgic past ( most of these guys don't really resonate with young kids) . Players / families that would never ever have given SWAC Coaches / schools the time of day yet many HBCUs are rolling out the red carpet for them . Experience or not.

Just like I said about Bubba, these kids weren't even born when the Oilers moved to Tennessee. They might as well be the Dallas Texans to these kids.

In all seriousness sTu, Dishman isn't the answer smh.

I look at how the most recent HC'ing moves at iwu, hbu/hcu, acu, & even shsu before they moved up occurred and this hire is a 1000% deviation from that successful formula.

Fred McNair was the safe hire. You were guaranteed to win 6 to 8 game per season. Once every 4 years compete in SWAC championship games. But no, let's hire an ex oiler corner who has never coached been a successful coach. Never spent 10 minutes at an HBCU unless chasing tail. Congratulations. You set TSU football back 5 more years, We were better off with Mckinney.

But what do you say if the hbcu grads in high places are the ones pushing for this?

It definitely happened in Jackson and Tennessee State

I rather Dishman than McNair. I don't want a "safe" hire and we beat Alcorn twice with losing teams ... how is that a smart move? Dishman NFL pedigree is an advantage that McNair don't have. More players want to play under a former NFL player (Dishman) than someone who was not good enough (McNair) ... DIshman was a 2x PRO-BOWLER so he knows a thing or two about football. I hope he can shock the FCS

And people forget if it wasn't for Jay Hopson before him, McNair wouldn't have had much of the success he had. He set McNair up nicely, he did NOT rebuild a program from scratch like Hopson did and Dishman gotta do so yeah McNair is a big no thank you for me. Glad he out of Houston and moving on to something else. Valley is a better fit for him, they have lower expectations there, TSU has it sights on HBCU National Championships

Last edited:
I rather Dishman than McNair. I don't want a "safe" hire and we beat Alcorn twice with losing teams ... how is that a smart move? Dishman NFL pedigree is an advantage that McNair don't have. More players want to play under a former NFL player (Dishman) than someone who was not good enough (McNair) ... DIshman was a 2x PRO-BOWLER so he knows a thing or two about football. I hope he can shock the FCS

And people forget if it wasn't for Jay Hopson before him, McNair wouldn't have had much of the success he had. He set McNair up nicely, he did NOT rebuild a program from scratch like Hopson did and Dishman gotta do so yeah McNair is a big no thank you for me. Glad he out of Houston and moving on to something else. Valley is a better fit for him, they have lower expectations there, TSU has it sights on HBCU National Championships
Here's one of the CULPRITS now!!!! 😅🤣😂 When all this blows up in their faces, I want to see who's gonna accept the blame for this

Man, yall chasing after ghosts. Yall would have been better off with Andre Johnson. 😅🤣😂

But you all are sTu; so, I guess this the best yall can do.

~BARS!!!~

don't press, everyone can tell you're reaching a tad bit too far ya know

In all seriousness sTu, Dishman isn't the answer smh.

I look at how the most recent HC'ing moves at iwu, hbu/hcu, acu, & even shsu before they moved up occurred and this hire is a 1000% deviation from that successful formula.

And you noticed that none of these pwi( even fcs) schools would hire them as HC. It's not just HC , but Reggie Theus as AD( see the Ed Reed disaster) & Kellen Winslow as AD at FAMU & CSU. These are people simply trading in on their names.

Dishman NFL pedigree is an advantage that McNair don't have. More players want to play under a former NFL player (Dishman) than someone who was not good enough (McNair) ... DIshman was a 2x PRO-BOWLER so he knows a thing or two about football.
This is why Texas created Juneteeth since it seems you all find out things a little late. Far more accomplished & famous NFL players have coached at HBCU'S with actual skins in the game & it doesn't guarantee success. Larry Little ( hofer) at BCU, Lemarr Parrish( 8x pro bowler/ should be HOFer), Ken Riley ( hofer) ,Night train Lane ( position coach) , Doug Williams did have success his 1st tour, etc......Doesn't guarantee success. At least those guys had skins in the game & loved their Alma maters/ HBCU'S.

These guys you are championing have never really cared about Black colleges & probably still don't. Ask Dishman & others... .." If you wouldn't go to an HBCU why should my child come play for you?"

This is why Texas created Juneteeth since it seems you all find out things a little late. Far more accomplished & famous NFL players have coached at HBCU'S with actual skins in the game & it doesn't guarantee success. Larry Little ( hofer) at BCU, Lemarr Parrish( 8x pro bowler/ should be HOFer), Ken Riley ( hofer) ,Night train Lane ( position coach) , Doug Williams did have success his 1st tour, etc......Doesn't guarantee success. At least those guys had skins in the game & loved their Alma maters/ HBCU'S.

These guys you are championing have never really cared about Black colleges & probably still don't. Ask Dishman & others... .." If you wouldn't go to an HBCU why should my child come play for you?"
Proud Black Texans created Juneteenth, carry on.

Maybe that clown ED Reed was on to something about "broken mentalities" that some HBCU's have. We roll out the red carpet to ex "star " athletes who thought HBCU'S were beneath them & still do. Resume or no resume.
You are preaching gospel. 👍🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿

Brutal truth.

Back