Alabama State vs. Florida A&M game updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by BIFF
Kick to famu..........
Famu fumbles after a vicious Asu hit.......

Are you sure you guys aint playing Florida Memorial. lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Hornets win.

Great win boys! With so many other distractions going on......this was a really BIG win!!!!!!!! The SWAC baby!!!!! yes!!!!!!!

I think ASU is going to make some noise in the SWAC this year, being that this was only the first game and they looked pretty fine tuned....aside from the delay of games. They need to do a lil work against the no huddle also. Other than that pretty good.

The special teams were the reason for this win. They set the tone and put Famu's back against the wall early.

This win was huge. CHAOS is the best word to describe what has been going here in Montgomery concerning our program.
Now, all the talk is over. Time to play football. ;)

Originally posted by BIFF
The special teams were the reason for this win. They set the tone and put Famu's back against the wall early.

This win was huge. CHAOS is the best word to describe what has been going here in Montgomery concerning our program.
Now, all the talk is over. Time to play football. ;)

You speak the truth my fellow brother!!!With all that went on this past off season, these kids accomplished a great feat this afternoon!!! I velive that thiswill be a special season indeed!!!!!

GO HORNETS!!!!!

Great win hornets, way to goooo!!

buzzy_mad_md_wht.gif

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
At least this year you wont have to worry about gettin cheated like they did last year. I honestly believe that was the worst display of officiating ive EVER seen.

Good win Bama State. The snakes have a second SWAC azz-dragging coming to them soon enough.

FAMU has a hard road ahead in I-A.

Whatzup guys,

I am in a hotel room in downtown Detroit about to go peep out the jazz thing across the street. I think Chaka Kahn and some other people are suppose to be there.

Anyway, the game was off the chain! Both ASU and FAMU's offense seem pretty good, but FAMU just couldn't handle our defense. I too thought that this might have been a loss because of all the outside turmoil. FAMU's people were quiet than an mugg. LOL I was also worried because at one point ASU were getting back to back to back delay of game calls.

Hell, I was at the game I didn't know the attendance. Good looking out. 56, 951 is a great start.

Just getting back.

Originally posted by Killer Bees
Whatzup guys,

I am in a hotel room in downtown Detroit about to go peep out the jazz thing across the street. I think Chaka Kahn and some other people are suppose to be there.

Anyway, the game was off the chain! Both ASU and FAMU's offense seem pretty good, but FAMU just couldn't handle our defense. I too thought that this might have been a loss because of all the outside turmoil. FAMU's people were quiet than an mugg. LOL I was also worried because at one point ASU were getting back to back to back delay of game calls.

Hell, I was at the game I didn't know the attendance. Good looking out. 56, 951 is a great start.

Dayum. Congrats to the Hornets on this one. Totally unexpected. Props.

Originally posted by crobin5123
Attendance: 56, 951

Wow! This classic is off to a great start. Hats off to Detroit for great support!

I head the attendance as UPN broadcast the game. When the FAMU people, who I guess UPN partner with, asked their AD about the attendance, he said this is what famu ring to the table. I was like wait a minute, ASU second largest alumni base outside of Alabama in MoTown with the largest not that far over in ChiTown. We place a lot of butts in that arena today. famu better respect that not every was there to see that over-hyped band!!!

recap

Alabama St. 38, Florida A&M 22

Preview - Box Score - Recap

August 30, 2003
DETROIT (AP) -- Robert Randolph rushed for two touchdowns and Ronald Dillon had 14 tackles with three sacks as Alabama State beat Florida A&M 38-22 Saturday in the inaugural Detroit Football Classic at Ford Field.

Richard Rowe scored on a 51-yard punt return and Erlin Sanders returned a blocked field goal 65 yards for a TD for the Hornets (1-0). Tarvari Jackson threw an 11-yard scoring pass to Brandon Horace.

Ben Dougherty passed for 271 yards and a touchdown and rushed for a team-high 67 yards and another score for the Rattlers (0-1).

Rowe's punt return opened the scoring with 7:11 left in the first quarter. Randolph scored from 3 yards out just 38 seconds later.

Randolph's 4-yard TD run put Alabama State up 21-0 with 6:53 left in the first half, but the Rattlers cut the lead with six seconds to go on a 2-yard TD pass from Dougherty to Cardan Alexander.

Florida A&M got to within six twice in the third quarter: first at 21-15 on Dougherty's TD run and 2-point conversion, then 28-22 on a 2-yard run by Jermaine Shaw.

Rowe blocked a 35-yard field goal attempt by Rattlers placekicker Juan Vasquez with 14:49 left to play, and Sanders returned the ball 65 yards for a touchdown.

Alabama State's Jackson finished 10-for-18 for 142 yards with one interception

Originally posted by SwarmingHornet
I head the attendance as UPN broadcast the game. When the FAMU people, who I guess UPN partner with, asked their AD about the attendance, he said this is what famu ring to the table. I was like wait a minute, ASU second largest alumni base outside of Alabama in MoTown with the largest not that far over in ChiTown. We place a lot of butts in that arena today. famu better respect that not every was there to see that over-hyped band!!!

F'REAL, SAY THAT!!!:tup: :tup: :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back