Ad Ware / Spy Ware please help

Da Sleeper

TSPNers, would someone please help me out here? My computer seems to have come under attack by an Ad Ware / Spy Ware program. I am getting bombarded by pop ups and my DSL is running slow as a dial up. I know this has happend so someone else, please give me some good Ideas for programs to get rid of this problem.

I saw a thread on this problem not to long ago, but I can't find it. Would someone please help me out here.

Go Here and 1. click on the "Download Now" link.
2. click the Save Button and save the file to your hard-drive.
3. Install the program Ad-a-Ware.
4. Run it and remove all the parasites (pop-up files). This will take about 20 to 30 minutes to run. Once the list displays, right-click on the list and choose the "remove all" option.
5. Remove the unwanted files.
6. Reboot.
7. Run Ad-a-Ware right after you reboot and you should be OK.

Thank you very much. My P.C. is running much faster but I am still getting more pop ups than I use to.

Thanks again for the link to the Ad Ware.

Da_Sperm said:
Go Here and 1. click on the "Download Now" link.
2. click the Save Button and save the file to your hard-drive.
3. Install the program Ad-a-Ware.
4. Run it and remove all the parasites (pop-up files). This will take about 20 to 30 minutes to run. Once the list displays, right-click on the list and choose the "remove all" option.
5. Remove the unwanted files.
6. Reboot.
7. Run Ad-a-Ware right after you reboot and you should be OK.

Makes a big difference.

those programs work but it won't cure the problem 100% unfortunately...I tried everything but when they get into your registry you have a problem that is real hard to deal with.

best bet is to stay off free downloading sites (music), don't download that gator software or weatherbug.

I got a new hd and stayed off those sites, no more problems.

Back