Abs

Dr. Sweet NUPE

Man I been doing 200 crunches in the morning and 200 at night...I can tell the difference. This includes the ones I do with resistence at the gym. Anybody do ab routines???

Really.. i need to do that cuz i would do 1000 a nite, by sets an i never seen results.. maybe i worked too hard

SIR_GRAM said:
Really.. i need to do that cuz i would do 1000 a nite, by sets an i never seen results.. maybe i worked too hard

Too many plus...you have to do them slower and tighter. now what you can do is try doing the 1000 over the entire day. Like for instance sometimes I close my office door and do a few push ups just to keep my heart beat going...

Thats what Ive been trying to start up....

my chest and abs of course have suffered much since not doing mush exercise over the past years....

Ive been jogging 1-2 miles 4x a week....changed my diet....but not getting the results I want.....

Whats The best abs workout......

JagGrad said:

my chest and abs of course have suffered much since not doing mush exercise over the past years....

Ive been jogging 1-2 miles 4x a week....changed my diet....but not getting the results I want.....

I use that machine that looks like you are walking in the air. Man put that joint on Fat Burner and set it for 20 minutes....do that 3 times a weeks and some crunches...mixed in with some bench presses...you'll be ok in about 4 to6 months.

Abs are the hardest things. under the fat is muscle. Also running creates pressures on your joints so watch it.

Anyone tried the exercise ball for an ab workout? Janet was on Oprah today and they showed her doing an ab workout on the exercise ball to keep her abs in shape. I've only done the ball one time and I was scared I was gonna make it deflate. :uhoh: I would have to use that behind closed doors and not in public at the gym.

LT...I just do crunches at night and my body by jake machine in the monring. I am up to 300 at night. They work...that ball machine I couldn't get my balance right lol...

What i do is just periodically throughout the day, just tighten and relax my abs. I get them as tight as I possibly can and hold it for as long as I can, then release and start over. It works for me!!! But I'm a very young cat. I hear it's hard to get/stay in shape once you age a lil' bit.

Its been almost 2 months and I have lost 11 lbs. I feel better and I am starting to see results.....
Jogging 3x week 2miles
Tae Bo( Greatest moves) 4x week
weightlifting 2x week
my goal is 200lbs. by January and then maintain my weight........
So Far So Good......

Try this for your abs. Remember, you already have a six pack. its just lying underneath layers of fat. do less crunches and more interval cardio. here's an example: sprint for one minute as fast as u can, then slow down to a jog for two minutes. your body will burn fat from your fat storage during your recovery period. Repeat this process at least 6 times on non-workout days. If you cant sprint, use the cardio equipment of your choice: stairmaster, bike, elyptical, etc. Pedal or step as fast as you can for one minute, then slow down for two minutes. Do not stop and rest, just slow your speed down and watch the results.

Try this for your abs. Remember, you already have a six pack. its just lying underneath layers of fat. do less crunches and more interval cardio. here's an example: sprint for one minute as fast as u can, then slow down to a jog for two minutes. your body will burn fat from your fat storage during your recovery period. Repeat this process at least 6 times on non-workout days. If you cant sprint, use the cardio equipment of your choice: stairmaster, bike, elyptical, etc. Pedal or step as fast as you can for one minute, then slow down for two minutes. Do not stop and rest, just slow your speed down and watch the results.
Good tip, T~...thanks! :tup:

On Sunday I was doing the one where you pass the ball from your hand to your legs. Can you say that my abs are locked up on me. It's cool when I am sitting but as soon as I stand my abs lock up.

On Sunday I was doing the one where you pass the ball from your hand to your legs. Can you say that my abs are locked up on me. It's cool when I am sitting but as soon as I stand my abs lock up.

Man try the one where someone is standing and drops the ball on your Abs then you do a crunch and past it back to them...

I purchased an AB Lounger for my wife and I use it more than she with excellent results. Three times a week I go to the YMCA and in between pickup games(basketball) I lift weights including Abs. When I get home I immediately hit the AB Lounger for about 20 minutes b4 hitting the showers.

im at 200 lbs, took me bout a year or so to get up to that weight but...i want to keep the weight cuz i look good! lol cant fit most of my clothes but its kool...i have a lil gut for a non beer drinker, i wanna get it down without losing the weight. is it possible? in other words i want size...somebody send help.

i go to the track 2wice a week (for now) use my lil dumbell for upperbody and do push ups. crunches and 6 inches for abs. dont have time for a gym...

I agree with those who were saying that one should do less sit ups but with more intesity. When I do sit ups I noticed that when I do more I get less results, but when I do less with more intensity my abs start to get sore and tighter. The only problem I haves is being consistent. I can do a simple workout of 50 push ups and 125 sit ups in the morninng for about 3 weeks, but if I rested one day I would fall off track. Anybody else do this.

Damn! Somebody else got the knowledge! :nod:

True. True. True.

I'll give it a try. :tup:

I have not been to the gym in 2 weeks. My metabolism has slowed down, my six pack is turning back into a keg.

My freaking job sometimes gets in the way of working out.

Back