AAMU once again caught in the middle of another “Janky” promotion … this time by a BOT member

PBSwag77

Let’s talk about this horrible deal that moved the AAMU/ASU bball rivalry game to … Mobile. Brand new arena? So what let’s go to a crappy arena in Mobile and hoop. Brian Hicks and BOT member Kevin Ball should pay severely for this ridiculous contract.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Let’s talk about this horrible deal that moved the AAMU/ASU bball rivalry game to … Mobile. Brand new arena? So what let’s go to a crappy arena in Mobile and hoop. Brian Hicks and BOT member Kevin Ball should pay severely for this ridiculous contract.
Sometimes Family business needs to be aired, Call all day a$$es out.

Once you start to looking into one horrible deal, there might be others. So we go from playing in Huntsville on a Saturday night to playing in Mobile on a Monday night against our arch rival. The economic impact of this game goes to Mobile instead of Huntsville and it is unwise for AAMU students to travel from Huntsville to Mobile (6 hours) on a school night. ASU is much closer to Mobile than Huntsville. In addition, what's the payout for AAMU. Will we no longer control ticket sales, concessions etc.? I am so glad that others are questioning these business decisions. Coach Prime warned us of bad business decisions.

Last edited:
OMG - this is why my school is AN EXAMPLE OF ALABAMA BEING A THIRD WORLD PLACE!!!

Thanks for letting me know, I was going to buy season tickets in the new year, ASU just lost 4 season tickets purchases!!!

I am so happy I waited...... 👏👏👏

Embarrassed Shame GIF

OMG - this is why my school is AN EXAMPLE OF ALABAMA BEING A THIRD WORLD PLACE!!!

Thanks for letting me know, I was going to buy season tickets in the new year, ASU just lost 4 season tickets purchases!!!

I am so happy I waited...... 👏👏👏

Embarrassed Shame GIF
This won't affect ASU's home game with us this year, so it should not affect your season tickets. Next season is the problem.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but TSU and PV did the same and moved out games to the Toyota Center where the rockets play. And our attendance for home games at tsu against PV has finally caught up to previous levels before the Toyota center move in my opinion

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It’s gonna be in Mobile for the next 6 yrs. Next yr ASU will give up their home game vs AAMU.

This won't affect ASU's home game with us this year, so it should not affect your season tickets. Next season is the problem.
I am done, I wont go to any ASU basketball games, this is crazy. If I am still alive after this contract is over, I will go again.

When I want to see live college hoops this year, I will go to Huntingdon or AUM.

Last edited:
The breakdown of the game made financial sense… With students getting in home games we REALLY dont make that much money off basketball tickets unless they were season tickets. The home team that host the game in Mobile will make 100k. A sold out game after expenses nets about 30k at the most. So its like hosting 3 sold out home games.

The breakdown of the game made financial sense… With students getting in home games we REALLY dont make that much money off basketball tickets unless they were season tickets. The home team that host the game in Mobile will make 100k. A sold out game after expenses nets about 30k at the most. So its like hosting 3 sold out home games.
This is good business (and I am all about making the money), but its my favorite game of the year. The Alabama third world sleaze of not telling the fan base about what you are doing is MY BIG ISSUE. I cant speak for AAMU, but this game bring a lot a adults to the Acadome each year. I don't like playing "Ive got a secret" with my money. Both schools are HORRIBLE in communications. When you hide what you have done, you know you will get NEGATIVE feedback, hence the secret deal.

Given the way this was handled, I wont get season tickets.

I have calmed down, I might go to one or two games, but they will make enough money in Mobile not to miss my 4 season tickets.

This is good business (and I am all about making the money), but its my favorite game of the year. The Alabama third world sleaze of not telling the fan base about what you are doing is MY BIG ISSUE. I cant speak for AAMU, but this game bring a lot a adults to the Acadome each year. I don't like playing "Ive got a secret" with my money. Both schools are HORRIBLE in communications. When you hide what you have done, you know you will get NEGATIVE feedback, hence the secret deal.

I have calmed down, I might go to one or two games, but they will make enough money in Mobile not to miss my 4 season tickets.
Olde Hornet,

I don't think anyone is not in favor of the business deal including you and I. The issue is the communication of the deal to the public and alumni. Communication is key in a marriage, church, or team. I was unaware that Bama State had agreed to have their ASU vs AAMU game in Mobile. The loser in all this will be the experience that the students will miss in this rivalry game.

See THATS what did it… the way it was done behind closed doors….

Olde Hornet,

I don't think anyone is not in favor of the business deal including you and I. The issue is the communication of the deal to the public and alumni. Communication is key in a marriage, church, or team. I was unaware that Bama State had agreed to have their ASU vs AAMU game in Mobile. The loser in all this will be the experience that the students will miss in this rivalry game.
We agree, but this is the stuff that our schools do in back rooms that cause the public to be suspicious. There is no reason that they have not told the AAMU and ASU family about this deal, since its so great financially. Now people will be suspicious of who is really benefiting from this deal. Because of the way this is being handle, the look is that there is something sleazy going on behind the scenes. Our leadership don't understand public relations or truly understand the need for it. ASU in particular bad in hiring people that are not comfortable talking to the media and come across as incompetent (Comfort and being articulate in public speaking should be a part of the hiring process, not just the skill to do your job). As soon as this deal was signed, they should have come out (in our case the president - most of his staff cant construct a sentence in front of a camera) to talk about this revenue generating deal. Also discuss why it is worth it to lose the home and home experience of our biggest rival that brings near capacity crows to both arenas. Its generates another black eye for the universities with the student body and the broader family, all because they DONT UNDERSTAND OR CARE ABOUT public relations.

They don't even get that they have a media outlet, their home pages, plus the social media pages that both universities have. 😥😥😥

Last edited:
We agree, but this is the stuff that our schools do in back rooms and cause the public to be suspicious. There is no reason that they have not told the AAMU and ASU family about this deal, since its so great financially. Now people will be suspicious of who is really benefiting from this deal. Because of the way this is being handle, the look is that there is something sleazy going on behind the scenes. Our leadership don't understand public relations or truly understand the need for it. ASU in particular bad in hiring people that are not comfortable talking to the media and come across as incompetent. As soon as this deal was signed, they should have come out (in our case the president - most of his staff cant construct a sentence in front of a camera) to talked about this revenue generating deal. Also discuss why is worth it to lose the home and home experience of our biggest rival that brings near capacity crows to both arenas.

They don't even get that they have a media outlet, their home pages, plus the social pages that both universitys have. 😥😥😥
Outstanding response!

Back