A wedding?!?! On the first game of football season?!?! "L" naw!!!

Antroy

Can somebody tell me why my cousin is getting married the same day as the first game of the football season?

She is getting married the same day Alcorn plays UAPB at Alcorn. I've told her that she has an hour and a half to get through with the wedding and start the reception. After that, I'm down Highway 61 to Alcorn.

She thinks that I'm joking. She laughed off my plan and said, "I'm glad that I only made you an usher!" 4:30, I'm gone!! I hope they have fun. I can't miss the first game of the year! And it's against UAPB, too!! She's S.O.L!!

After that hour and a half, I'm gone. If it's right in the middle of the wedding, oh well. I'm not going to miss this game. We only have 3 games on campus as it is. You think I'm going to miss this one?!?!

You should've had your wedding in June or July like the normal people do!!

dayum!

Well you can't blame her....the person who needs his arse whipped is the groom. I mean I don't expect a woamn to know better than to not get marraied after labor day and before the Super Bowl.........but he should!

Why don't you people stop this now. I have a boy who I declined to attend his wedding this fall because it is Sept. so I feel your pain. But these dudes should know better......

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I'm with Suge. Women don't know no better. But these so called "men" need to be straight beat for getting married during football season.

<font size=1>Remembering vividly the conversation I had with my wife</font>

I told my wife that we could get married anytime she wanted, as long as it wasn't during September through January. Damn shame "men" let this mess go on.

I'll tell my friends in a minute. If you don't want me at your wedding, get married during football season.

Originally posted by Robber
I'm with Suge. Women don't know no better. But these so called "men" need to be straight beat for getting married during football season.

ummmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: Please,

I know that I will have to get married on a non football day game. In fact I was just telling my guy friend that I would like to get married on a Friday night in Nov or Dec, so that if need be we can watch a game on saturday... SO don't put that on women!

I don't want a summer wedding.... too dang hot in atlanta :cool:

Exhibit A

Originally posted by JSU*Toi

ummmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: Please,

I know that I will have to get married on a non football day game. In fact I was just telling my guy friend that I would like to get married on a Friday night in Nov or Dec, so that if need be we can watch a game on saturday... SO don't put that on women!

I don't want a summer wedding.... too dang hot in atlanta :cool:
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury,

We have here a statement by a woman of how understanding she is NOT getting married on a game day. Let's examine this statement closely. This woman says, we'll get married on Friday, and still catch the game on Saturday. But what happens when the weeklong honeymoon, which starts the day after the game spills over into next week's game??? Can't be in Jamaica, Hawaii, Cancuun or any other exotic place and the game at the same time. What happens in subsequent years when that ANNIVERSARY falls on game day??? She ain't gonna wanna spend it tailgating all day and watching a game.

These are but a couple of the many problems that you run into by marrying during football season. And this is YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE of women NOT KNOWING ANY BETTER.

The REAL MEN rest.

LOL

That will not be an issue...

Get Married on Friday...Honeymoon Starts on the following Monday.

What happens in subsequent years when that ANNIVERSARY falls on game day??? She ain't gonna wanna spend it tailgating all day and watching a game.

If JSU is playing we will be there... If they are not playing we won't be there...

But my friend guy understands... I was told I could have any day I wanted as long as it didn't interfer with March Madness, Superbowl or the NBA Finals

:D

So I am covered...

In closing.... since I have skills I know I could get married on one of those events also :kiss:

I am going to do what my parents did and get married in May. (Springtime is the best for me.) If not I will do what my mother's parents and get married in June. (There will still be a lot of NBA playoff games during the week, so I will catch the hoops.) There will no late August to January wedding. I have to catch my football.

BTW my birthday is Friday, and my present to me is a day of hoops on Saturday.:cool:

I think an ideal wedding month is July......that way you won't miss anything. It will be the middle of baseball season.....the NBA finals are over, and each year on the anniversary date we won't have a problem doing whatever!

September - Super Bowl Sunday is out......College and Pro Football, World Series

Febuary - Man...football recovery, and the b-ball conference play begins

March - Can you say Madness, Baseball pre season

April - NFL draft, baseball starts

May - NBA playoffs

June - SWACpage reunion & NBA Finals

July - lull in the sports world. This is prime wedding time :D

Aug - well if she can squeeze it in(honeymoon and all) before 2 a days and before pre-season smack kicks off, then we may can work something out.

Here is the run down ladies. You need to work around these dates or you may have some serious problems! And ATL, that plan of yours sucks and will never work....it would make more sense to just not get married during football season!

Originally posted by Suge
Aug - well if she can squeeze it in(honeymoon and all) before 2 a days and before pre-season smack kicks off, then we may can work something out.

Suge, when do we not have preseason smack going on? As soon as the SWAC Championship game is over, we start preseason smack!!

I think that I'm going to have to talk the minister into giving the short, short version of the wedding vows:

Do you?
Yes.

Do you?
Yes.

Good. You're married. Kiss her!!

That's all you need!!! Forget all that dayum singing and crap that takes places before the vows. When the guests arrive, the bride and groom are going to be at the alter with the minister waiting for them to have a seat. They can stand up if they want. They won't be there too long, anyway!!
All I know is at 4:30, I'm shooting the deuces to that wedding!!

I pity the July weddings in Houston this year. The Texans will have training camp this year along with a scrimmage against the Cowboys. Plus, their first exhibition game will probably be right before the start of 2-a-days.

Marry in late June the weekend after the NBA draft. I can blow a baseball game, there will be 100 more unless it is the last game of interleague play.

SMH @ Toi thinking that her plan will work. But I expect that from her. Men just gotta stand up for what's right. And getting married during football season just ain't right.

there should be a law against it. I remember a cousin sent an invitation to the house last year and we opened it and saw the date was the same day the Labor Day Classic.

The invitation went to the trash.

Is it me or why do folks seem to marry on the day where it is the biggest game of the season?

Cause these puddin whipped "men" let these know nothing women run thangs. Before I laid down the law, I simply told my wife to pick a few dates. All of her dates were in the middle of football season. That's when I realized the problem. And that's the only time I have ever said to a woman, "baby, we need to talk." Nipped that right on in the bud.

Originally posted by Robber

You are forgiven for generalizing your statement by saying WOMEN. I am the sports fan. Late July or early August sounds good and after we return from the honeymoon in Africa we can come back ready to go into nationwide football travel. <font size=1>NOTE: There is only one person that will determine if my wedding date is late July or early August and her name is MOTHER NATURE.</font size=1>

FYI to all of my friends:

If you EVER...EVER EVER EVER plan your wedding around the same date as the Bayou Classic, don't even part your lips to ask me to attend!!!

Thanks,

NN

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Suge

Here is the run down ladies. You need to work around these dates or you may have some serious problems!

Sir SugeNupe: I tookTED your advice and we got married August 4, 2001. See, great time of the year. Even though it is USUALLY hot as hell in August, it was cool for the most part of that day until the sun began to set in the west. The sun seemed to hover over the pine trees in Kingwood and aim directly at our wedding reception which was outside under a canope in my Daddy's back yard. Even then, it was not as hot as it could have been.

I got the perfect solution...............Just don't get married...:rolleyes: That way you don't have to worry about dates and stuff. :lmao:

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
Can somebody tell me why my cousin is getting married the same day as the first game of the football season?

She is getting married the same day Alcorn plays UAPB at Alcorn. I've told her that she has an hour and a half to get through with the wedding and start the reception. After that, I'm down Highway 61 to Alcorn.

She thinks that I'm joking. She laughed off my plan and said, "I'm glad that I only made you an usher!" 4:30, I'm gone!! I hope they have fun. I can't miss the first game of the year! And it's against UAPB, too!! She's S.O.L!!

After that hour and a half, I'm gone. If it's right in the middle of the wedding, oh well. I'm not going to miss this game. We only have 3 games on campus as it is. You think I'm going to miss this one?!?!

You should've had your wedding in June or July like the normal people do!!

That happened to me in Houston, One Zeta Got married on a Sat. Yep, TSU vs SU Football Game. The killer is that she went to TSU. How can you plan a wedding on this date, You know everybody and ther momma is going to this game???

It was like a test of love.
If you love me come to my wedding, if not go to the game :)
Well, midway thru the reception, everybody bailed out on her. She was like "Thanks for comming." We was like "We are out of here." Changing clothes in the restroom of the reception hall.

Making a mad dash to the Game.

:D

My Take

Get Married on Memorial Day Weekend. It is the perfect time for a wedding. The weather is normally good, it only conflicts with a couple of NBA playoff games and for the fella's, it makes for an easy way to remember your anniversary. You also get a 3 day weekend every year to celebrate your anniversary.

Re: My Take

Originally posted by cat daddy
Get Married on Memorial Day Weekend. It is the perfect time for a wedding. The weather is normally good, it only conflicts with a couple of NBA playoff games and for the fella's, it makes for an easy way to remember your anniversary. You also get a 3 day weekend every year to celebrate your anniversary.

Yes, it is a good time to get married for the reasons mentioned. My parents got married on May 19. OK, you miss a couple of NBA playoff games. But unlike the NFL, there are NBA playoff games during the week.

BTW I do not plan to go to any wedding during Thanksgiving weekend. :rolleyes: :smug: :tdown:

Get married whensaneva you wanna get married. It don't matter if none of these mofos show up anyhah.

As long as the bride/groom/minister is there, who cares.

:p

I am getting married in July because I told my fiance that if it was not before football season, it would have to be in 2003. She was not liking that idea.

It's still early....

Originally posted by Tigerpride
I am getting married in July because I told my fiance that if it was not before football season, it would have to be in 2003. She was not liking that idea.

I got a question for ya:

Considering the fact that you are OFFICIALLY about to be hitched...do you REALLY think you will make it to ALL of JSU's games this season?????? :lol: ;)

*this should be interesting....* :)

Back