A Question For The Greeks ...

Vinita

Let's Go Lions, GO!
What is your take on someone who submits to one organization FOUR TIMES, only to turn around and join another org.?

I had better not say. People that know me usually don't tell me these things. So yep, I better not say.

4 times?

I blame the org that takes her/him....because they should have done some type of research, check up, or something to find out what was up.

The person won't make a good memeber, because they have no desire to be apart of that org, they just want to be apart! SAD...

If I wouldn't have pledged Kappa, I wouldn't have pledged isht!

Simply put, that person is now the problem of the organization with whom she pays her dues. Anything else is irrelevant.

In that case ...

Congratulations to <font color=green>YOU</font color=green> and <font color=pink>YOURS</font color=pink>, Kemer! LOL

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on any more dues, though ...

Re: Oh C'mon, Soror ... SAY!!

Originally posted by Vinita
I know someone who has just done this. :mad:

Nita,

She better NOT be wearing anything referring to the 1913. :redhot: I'm afraid to scroll down because I have not taken my pressure medicine today.
:mad:

And what if she was Lady J?....what the hell where you going to do, but be mad and from and throw a fit? Not a dayum thing!

Maybe this one didn't come into your org, but hell there are many Deltas who were AKA wanna be's and vice versa. We all have them....those people who just want to be in a frat/sorority, doesn't matter which, just whichever takes them first!

O well.........pledging used to weed some of these types out, but now that tool is gone! Now you can just cash and carry...........

LOL @ LadyJag ...

You sound about 80, talking about PRESSURE medicine! lol

But not to worry ... we're gonna let <font color=green>Ke</font color=green><font color=pink>ma</font color=pink> 'nem roll out their welcome wagon!

Originally posted by Suge
And what if she was Lady J?....what the hell where you going to do, but be mad and from and throw a fit? Not a dayum thing!

I guess we wont have to find out what I was going to do this time. :cool:

Oh, and when you pledge DST, then you can tell me about the many wanna-bees in my org, but until then why don't you deal with the
many Alpha, Omega, Sigma, and Iota rejects in your org. MMMMMMMkay? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by LadyJag

I guess we wont have to find out what I was going to do this time. :cool:

:rolleyes:

That's why people don't tell me about these things... so we won't have to find out what I will do.

O well.........pledging used to weed some of these types out, but now that tool is gone! Now you can just cash and carry...........

OH My, :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes!!!! that Weed out Tool, It was a good thing. :D :D :D But SUGE you are right. those people are everywhere.

Yep, Cash the Check and Carry dem riders.

Umm if you say so Mighty.....

.but I can name you 8-10 right off the top of my head.

But what do I know....

What if...

that person takes that continued rejection and turns it into positive energy. Then the group he or she becomes part of receives the benefits of that energy and talent.

I can't speak on this as a Greek, but I've seen those that were turned away from one Fraternity/Sorority go else where and use those talents. Just like the first person you may have loved didn't love you the same, you don't sit and wait for them to come back or come to their senses. You go on with your life and use you passion where it is appreciated.

I'm know all that have been rejected and gone elsewhere have not been good members, but on the other hand, they all could not have been bad members.

Perhaps the group they choose to approach first was not the best fit in the long run. Being turned down may have been the best thing to happen to them.

Just my $1.39 on the matter. You may bow and go on with your lives now.

:)

Suge do you mean to convey to this board that we have people in my Frat that were turned down by another Frat. If you have proof, I will get them expeled from my frat. Either you like Gold Boots or you don't. There is no in between.

Originally posted by MightyDog
Suge do you mean to convey to this board that we have people in my Frat that were turned down by another Frat. If you have proof, I will get them expeled from my frat. Either you like Gold Boots or you don't. There is no in between.
Tell em MD. ;)

Several returned pair of "gold boots"...coming up!

Originally posted by MightyDog

:idea:
Sorry to tell you Mighty Dog, but uhhh...I can name AT LEAST 5 or 6 my dayum self! :emlaugh:

It's all good I guess. *shrugs shoulders*

But the kicker is when they get rejected, pledged something else, THEN turn around and attempt to talk trash about their ORIGINAL choice...as if no one knows better.
Pure comedy! :D

MD..you got that right. If you want the GoldBoots, that's all you'll ever want. And you'd die barefeet before you go another route....

[size=3.5]ROO! I can speak from personal experience. Each person is different, but for me it was always the gold boots. I first became interested in 1974 when I enrolled at GSU. Unfortunately, we were banned until Fall 1977...when I was about to graduate and was financially unable to join. Finally, in Spring 2000, I was given the opportunity to SEE IT THROUGH. Despite the overtures and suggestions made by acquaintances through the years, my desire was to one day become a member of the only frat that I felt the desire to seek admittance to. A little over a year later, I realize it was the right choice for me...I was made right[/size]

MD...I will be at SU's home coming afterall. My Chapter always tailgate before each home game. Being a friend, you are of course welcome to stop by for some chicken and beer!

You lame arse mutts can believe that mess if you want to, and that is fine by me. But please don't try and lie to the rest of the board. Hell I know folks that have made all kinds of switches and swaps after being rejected, etc. I know some kats who wear the "gold pumps" now, but wanted to twirl that Kane, or ride the train, or even pledge down on the farm..........well maybe not Sigmas. They are the rest haven for all rejects!!! LOL! But you get my point!

Suge KNupe
Twirling, Shaking, and Chic Pocket Breaking!

POD

I find that objectionable

I think your commitment should be to THAT one frat/sorority and not just want to be in ANY one just to be Greek. That would cheapen your status and surely you would be faced with being shunned if the other members found out. I pledged in undergrad (AKA, Beta Psi, Fall '77, Truistic 27) and all of the sororities told each other when someone would come to their rush parties and then show up at another rush party. We were THAT serious. Rush parties were supposed to be where you could get info on all of the sororities, but going to more than one certainly meant sudden death/black balling to the one you submitted to. I had no problem with them going to rush parties, but I did and still do have a problem when they SUBMIT to one, fail to get accepted and then SUBMIT to another one.

Suge,

W'sup Nupe? It's me. E.R.

I only wanted to be a Nupe. Alphas approached me at Grambling and wanted to pay my pledging fees. The Ques wanted to intimidate me into wanting to pledge and I ignored the Sigmas. The Kappas just watched and they responded when I showed interest. That was a definite challenge for me and I would do it again. K-A-Psi 'til the day I die! Yo Baby Yo!!!!

Mike B, ByronW, MD:

I'm from the ole-school. Fall 1970(#7)"Crowd Pleasing-8", Gamma Gamma. The Weeding Out process was in full effect. You didn't have all this back-and forth stuff. There were a few that could not make it and went else where, but I do not know anyone that was rejected(from another frat) and made my organization. That's revolting to say the least. Being a 2nd generation bruh(my son is a 3rd generation & DAD pledged Theta Sigma @ Dillard Univ.) is all I ever wanted to be. This is all I ever heard and all I wanted to become a part of!! Well enough said.

ER!! What's up my nupe!! All is well here, I'l be at the crib next month!

What up G-Que...welcome another Gramblinite!

I think what some of you old school greeks are overlooking is that this is a somewhat new issue which was brought on by the elimination of any type of process before these kats are given the opportunity to join. Therefore some of these people have to loyalty, or direction as to which org they want to be apart of. Like See spots said....greeks used to tell each other what is up. Bruhs would tell sorors who was the campus undercover, etc. And Vice Versa.....but now, you are might get sued or sometthing. No it isn't like this everywhere.....but it happens!

Back