60 Minutes and Bob Simon on Korea

ALCORNITE 86

Retired Soldier
Did anyone see the 60 minutes 16 minute spill on Korea and how the "Youngsters" wants us out? If so, what's you take and I'll give the "Real Story." By the way, it was my "Boss" who was jumped by three South Koreans and Stabbed.

Didn't see it but,,,

I'd say the U.S. should leave and let South Korea root-hog or die,, especially seeing as how they don't want us there. just my take from the news feeds.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Having served over there...

I was at OSAN 91-92...one of the best year's of my life...:topic: But that's another thread..

Anyway, no matter what we feel, South Korea is the stop-gap for North Korea and even more-so China having a perfect launching post to have access to Japan. As long as we have control of the pennisula, they at least have to go through us to get to Japan.

Our economy cannot afford to have Japan threatened. Most people don't realize that the Gulf War and the impending crisis today is over the threat of Sadaam controlling the oil reserves...and that Japan is the largest importer of oil from the Middle East. The costs that they incur in production is then passed on to us in the US.

So I say fugg the students...it ain't even bout them. Furthermore, they are the first generation that grew up in a true freedom society. So they don't understand what it used to be like.

As I think about it, I now better understand why the Civil Rights leaders are so frustrated with our generation...but if you don't know, you don't know. The smart thing, though, is to trust those that tell you they have been through it, and you definitely don't want to go back through it.

Osan, 90-91

Dude, my best assignment of the four I have here in Korea was in Osan, 90-91.

The Soul Train was my weekend hangout!

Now, on the situation here in Korea today. The piece done by Bob Simon echoes the same sentiment about the younger generation. They Just Do Not Get It.

I did'em all...

Soul Train, Heavy Metal, Camp Humphries (The Hump), The Golden Palace, etc.

There were a few others, but I can't remember the name...or the "Juicy Girl".

Back