500 Top foreclosure zip codes

Dang. My zip code is on that list. :uhoh:

Not surprising. Three years ago, folks were buying two and three houses and flipping them less than six months later for a lot of dough. Plus, developers built a bajillion high rises for New Yorkers and South American investors.

Now all of these speculators are stuck with multiple mortgages that they can't pay.

I've seen a few of those areas with the signs up all over the place. People bit off more than they could chew.

Wow only one in the Houston area? Surprising.

I see a lot of folks probably got ARMs in DFW though. *snicker*

Working at Capital One Bank (formerly Hibernia) for 3 years, I can see why Texas made the list. Man we repo'd at least 50 cars/trucks/suv's every month. After 9/11...that number increased by over 35-40%.

I never did mortgage collections but in talking with some coworkers that did, with respect to foreclosures, one of them told me it was the hardest thing to do but...it had to be done.

But I digress...

Way to go Louisiana. :clap:

They put signs up for people in foreclosure?

Are these the auction signs I see going up?

I've seen for sale signs, auction signs, and pre-foreclosure/foreclosure signs. I was driving in this one area in Lithonia and saw about 13 for sale signs within a mile.

I've seen for sale signs, auction signs, and pre-foreclosure/foreclosure signs. I was driving in this one area in Lithonia and saw about 13 for sale signs within a mile.

Okay, I've seen auction signs, but I haven't seen houses that specifically states that it is a foreclosure.

I've seen For Sale signs, but how do you know if these people are in foreclosure/pre-foreclosure without checking RealtyTrac or companies such as this. Will the Realtor that is selling the house tell you?

Okay, I've seen auction signs, but I haven't seen houses that specifically states that it is a foreclosure.

I've seen For Sale signs, but how do you know if these people are in foreclosure/pre-foreclosure without checking RealtyTrac or companies such as this. Will the Realtor that is selling the house tell you?

Foreclosures usually have a notice in one of the windows from the bank.

Foreclosures usually have a notice in one of the windows from the bank.

:nod:

Yep. Plus, the local business daily runs a list of foreclosures and pre-foreclosures. Those lists are getting longer and longer. :smh:

:nod:

Yep. Plus, the local business daily runs a list of foreclosures and pre-foreclosures. Those lists are getting longer and longer. :smh:

The local paper has stopped running foreclosures for the county I want, so I'm taking off Friday to drive up to their Courthouse to peruse the board...:)

Cedar Hill, Grand Prairie, Mansfield, Arlington, Keller, Mc Kinney, DeSoto..... A bunch of 'burbs....

But then I see Dallas and Ft. Worth listed lower....

I'm not surprised.

All these subdivisions and all of these big-az.z houses, all these 'For Sale' signs...

:smh:

Them ARM's got a lot of folks twisted. When the wife and I bought our house, our realtor tried to tell us we could buy a whole lot more house for the same money. When I found out he was talking about an ARM, I ended that discussion right there. :tdown:

I am suprised DC and MD did not make the top 500. I guess people working those 2-3 jobs to keep there house. :)

Bruh, you ain't lying as much as houses, and condo's cost up here, but I ain't surprised though, cuz you can make a helluva living up here pretty much doing anything. Then when you figure in people are working part time jobs, making between $15-$22 per hour, it's sort of easy to see how they can afford those $2300-$2800 per month house notes.LOL

NICE

Cedar Hill, Grand Prairie, Mansfield, Arlington, Keller, Mc Kinney, DeSoto..... A bunch of 'burbs....

But then I see Dallas and Ft. Worth listed lower....

I'm not surprised.

All these subdivisions and all of these big-az.z houses, all these 'For Sale' signs...

:smh:

I was comparative "shopping" for lodging out there and there are TONS of houses on the market in the burbs of DTOWN with tons more being built. I found a fixer upper condo in a nice area for the cheap cheap, but I was talked out of it... Bah.. coulda been getting some of that rental money...

Plus the job market out that way ain't the greatest, unless you want to work at Sams... LOL!

yvette23 said:
Which is why I'm not surprised at Atlanta being #2. :smh:

Atlanta is not just #2, there are four Atlanta zip codes in the top 55. I point this out only because a while back I posted a thread in small talk about the alarming rate at which Atlantans were losing their homes. Needless to say, some Atlanta folk got all upset and accused me of hating on Atlanta. That was not the case then, and its not the case now.

Atlanta is not just #2, there are four Atlanta zip codes in the top 55. I point this out only because about a year or so ago I posted a thread in small talk about the alarming rate at which Atlantans were losing their homes. Needless to say, some Atlanta folk got all upset and accused me of hating on Atlanta. That was not the case then, and its not the case now.
:snicker:

btw, you say Atl has 4 in the top 55, but Detroit has 4 in the top 10. Cleveland has 4 in the top 20, Vegas has 4 in the top 40, Denver has 4 in the top 40, (I stopped after that :lol: ), so clearly this is not a problem that is unique to Atl.

Back