4-year-old sells lemonade to raise money for Florida State coach Willie Taggart's buyout

Olde Hornet

Its tough being a coach in big time football.

You have heard of that new-old proverbial phrase, right?

When Florida State football gives you lemons, make lemonade to help pay for Seminoles coach Willie Taggart’s $17 million buyout.

That’s what 4-year-old Grayton Grant did early Sunday, setting up a “Free Willie” lemonade stand outside of his grandmother’s Tallahassee home and raising $241 in just under three hours.

Grayton charged $20 per cup, with one customer donating $100, before running out of lemonade in the sunny, 90-degree weather.

Grayton’s father – FSU graduate and booster Daniel Grant – teamed up with his son. He matched the total and stroked a check for $482 to Seminole Boosters, Inc.

The check – earmarked for “Taggart Buy Out!” – was accompanied by a formal yet tongue-in-cheek, typewritten letter signed by Grayton to Seminole Boosters, Inc.

When Florida State football gives you lemons, make lemonade to help pay for Seminoles coach Willie Taggart’s $17 million buyout.

That’s what 4-year-old Grayton Grant did early Sunday, setting up a “Free Willie” lemonade stand outside of his grandmother’s Tallahassee home and raising $241 in just under three hours.

Grayton charged $20 per cup, with one customer donating $100, before running out of lemonade in the sunny, 90-degree weather.

Grayton’s father – FSU graduate and booster Daniel Grant – teamed up with his son. He matched the total and stroked a check for $482 to Seminole Boosters, Inc.

The check – earmarked for “Taggart Buy Out!” – was accompanied by a formal yet tongue-in-cheek, typewritten letter signed by Grayton to Seminole Boosters, Inc.
They have the money at FSU to buy him out. He might not last until the end of the season .

Father of 4-year-old encourages him to be a dork at an early age.

Not really. Looks to me that it's a strong father and donater himself teaching his son to be a doer and NOT a rancid talker w/ all talk and no ass in the game. Also he's teaching him that there's a process of RIGHT to follow and follow it completely w/ pictures and documentation as substantiated proof, in order to gain traction, notoriety, and followers of like-minded individuals to accomplish the task (get rid of the staff).

Charles McClelland should invite the father into the SWAC so he can lead and show others who are obviously lacking in that department. lol

Last edited:
Not really. Looks to me that it's a strong father and donater himself teaching his son to be a doer and NOT a rancid talker w/ all talk and no ass in the game. Also he's teaching him that there's a process of RIGHT to follow and follow it completely w/ pictures and documentation as substantiated proof, in order to gain traction, notoriety, and followers of like-minded individuals to accomplish the task (get rid of the staff).

Charles McClelland should invite the father into the SWAC so he can lead and show others who are obviously lacking in that department. lol

Don’t defend the insufficient daddying.

Don’t defend the insufficient daddying.

What did he do wrong, Kendrick? He's showing his son how to properly follow protocol to start the buyout process of coaches. What's wrong w/ that? He should've sold limeade instead of lemonade? lol What's the problem man?

Teaching a child to be a doer vs a talker, there's fault in that? Don't become a parent anytime soon sir. I think you have this game confused.

Look at it this way, if he doesn't make to the end of the season, his buyout is still a lot of money. He can still go coach at another school in another position. I hope that he can make a turn-around, but it will be tough.

What did he do wrong, Kendrick? He's showing his son how to properly follow protocol to start the buyout process of coaches. What's wrong w/ that? He should've sold limeade instead of lemonade? lol What's the problem man?

Teaching a child to be a doer vs a talker, there's fault in that? Don't become a parent anytime soon sir. I think you have this game confused.

He’s showing his son how to be a slackjaw brain dead fanatic who will define his self worth through a college football team.

He’s showing his son how to be a slackjaw brain dead fanatic who will define his self worth through a college football team.

You got all that from a father showing his underage son how to handle business professionally and w/ action, not empty words.

Remarkable. lololololololololololololol :D

Handle business? The dad is just using his son as a conduit as to express his anger at the football program, and allowing the kid to scam bunch of suckas into buying $20 lemonade.

Handle business? The dad is just using his son as a conduit as to express his anger at the football program, and allowing the kid to scam bunch of suckas into buying $20 lemonade.

Exactly. The coward is using his son to do something he couldn't do himself.

I don't feel sorry for Taggert for putting himself in this situation but at the same time the usual "their water is colder so it must be better" mindsets cosigning this is not surprising (see the SLC thread)

UCLA has taken a step back since Chip Kelly has taken over but do you see their boosters doing this? Tom Herman lost to Maryland his first two years. We know their boosters got the money and pull but they didn't pull the trigger.

Yeh, the son stuck an AR to everyone's dome and said "buy the lemonade for 20$ a cup, mf'er!!!!!"

The mental-midgeted silliness... it's real in here. But I applaud you and others for owning your simple opinion. :D lol

Yeh, the son stuck an AR to everyone's dome and said "buy the lemonade for 20$ a cup, mf'er!!!!!"

The mental-midgeted silliness... it's real in here. But I applaud you and others for owning your simple opinion. :D lol
That’s easy to sell when you got low-IQ dipshits who care way too much about football think that cup of unseasoned lemonade is gonna move the powers that be at FSU to fire the coach.

That’s easy to sell when you got low-IQ dipshits who care way too much about football think that cup of unseasoned lemonade is gonna move the powers that be at FSU to fire the coach.

You make no logical or rational sense and speak from a point of pure emotionalism.

Grant, whose annual booster level is the second-highest

Yeh, sounds like a low-IQ dipshit to me. lol :D I think his obvious mission was accomplished. Plant the seed. Draw attention. Kickstart the process w/ action.

Back