2024 HBCU D1 FB GM Picks Week 1 Part I

Week 1 HBCU DI Football Picks
All Times Are Central Standard

Part I:

*SWAC (1 Games):

Saturday – August 24, 2024

Florida A&M U.
@ Norfolk St. U. 6:30 pm (TV-ABC) (Cricket SWAC/MEAC Challenge, Atlanta, GA)

**MEAC (1 Games):

Delaware St. U @ U. of Hawaii 10:59 pm

@97JSULEGEND @NastyD @PV_Sigma7 @ColdBlooded @Normal1875 @TX_FINEST @GenX Hornet

Good brothers, as MUCH as it pains me to admit this truth... the QB1 for Norfolk St has been suspended for the first 4 games. :( I know diddly ad squat about the 2nd/3rd string guys. One 1st stringer not playing normally spells doom and gloom for us FCS folk because there's a huge drop off from 1s to 2s at our level. :(

I was millimeters from hitting the crack-pipe like Pookie in New Jack City as I made the change to have FAMU beating NSU. I'd rather hit crack than pick that shatty-assed FAMU. :(

new_jack_city_still__pf_7a2a424f-jpg.webp

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
@97JSULEGEND @NastyD @PV_Sigma7 @ColdBlooded @Normal1875 @TX_FINEST @GenX Hornet

Good brothers, as MUCH as it pains me to admit this truth... the QB1 for Norfolk St has been suspended for the first 4 games. :( I know diddly ad squat about the 2nd/3rd string guys. One 1st stringer not playing normally spells doom and gloom for us FCS folk because there's a huge drop off from 1s to 2s at our level. :(

I was millimeters from hitting the crack-pipe like Pookie in New Jack City as I made the change to have FAMU beating NSU. I'd rather hit crack than pick that shatty-assed FAMU. :(

Yea losing a Preseason All Meac Qb should definitely hurt. Right now nsu still has the continuity and coaching edge.

Part I:

*SWAC (1 Games):

Florida A&M U. @ Norfolk St. U. 6:30 pm (TV-ABC) (Cricket SWAC/MEAC Challenge, Atlanta, GA)

**MEAC (1 Games):

Good Luck & Travel Grace to All!

Note:
Competition rules are as follows 1.) Because there are so many of you I need you to clearly make your picks as I have put them as far as names go so there is no mistakes on my part in scoring 2.) All picks must be in on Thursday games at least 15 minutes before game start on Saturday games all picks should be in one hour before start of first game of the day, if the thread happens to still be open and you pick after the start of the first game(s) your pick(s) for those game(s) is voided. 3.) Scoring will be posted by the following Tuesday each week (I do try to get them done on Sunday’s but sometime I travel and I be tired just like the rest of you & I don’t get paid to do this so be patient and kind to me). 4.) I will also post the next week’s pick between Sunday at Noon and the latest Monday Noon so no need to stress on that either.

Yea losing a Preseason All Meac Qb should definitely hurt. Right now nsu still has the continuity and coaching edge.
Dawson can coach it's just he's not getting the dogs up there he needs to be successful. GAMU has some continuity with many of the coaches remaining. Or at least the Defense and OC being holdovers.

Last edited:
Dawson can coach it's just he's not getting the dogs up there he needs to be successful. GAMU has some continuity with many of the coaches remaining. Or at least the Defense and OC being holdovers.

You know Odums goes the highschool route. His team was young last year. They should now be juniors and sophomores. I think you'll see that jump that we saw with nccu (they sucked before those young guys got older).
The DC and OC at famu are both different, Neither called plays last season.

I’m not changing my pick. Coaching edge goes to NSU with Odums and staff being there a few years already. FAMU has a lot of unknowns right now

Part I:

*SWAC (1 Games):

Florida A&M U. @ Norfolk St. U. 6:30 pm (TV-ABC) (Cricket SWAC/MEAC Challenge, Atlanta, GA)

**MEAC (1 Games):

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required

Lenard I just received word that FAMU is starting a 5'10 265 lb guy at QB..can you confirm this? lol

Let me change my pick, lol.

Mane. I'm was thinking the other QB was playing what in the world got this kid out for 4 games?

I'm sure they want to try and keep all that G5 classified. 4 games is a lot.... for a QB.

The QB is out due to his academic progress from the previous year. Due to the NCAA ruling, he has to miss the first four games of the season. It would be the same for any other player who doesn't progress at the rate they should academically. Odums and his staff have known this was a possibility since the Fall semester ended. I'm surprised they kept in under wraps this long.

The QB is out due to his academic progress from the previous year. Due to the NCAA ruling, he has to miss the first four games of the season. It would be the same for any other player who doesn't progress at the rate they should academically. Odums and his staff have known this was a possibility since the Fall semester ended. I'm surprised they kept in under wraps this long.
Thanks. I missed that part in the recent stories. They never elaborated on the reason.

Back