2016 & 2017 MEAC/SWAC Challenge match ups announced

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Why would it not be around? It just generated the second largest revenue of all hbcu's and the first largest net profit.
No disrespect but those apr problems could result in the dismantle of any program if not corrected. Like our president said, she could have let the program go right on out the window with those apr infractions but she understood the rich legacy and tradition of the program so they emphasized getting it fixed, on top of that corrupt and inconsistent government of lousiania we do pray that su and gram both be around for decades to come. Unless you've been sleep or in a coma for a few years I think we all can find a few reasons for the possibility of su not having a program on an entire bigger and different scale than that little net profit.

No disrespect but those apr problems could result in the dismantle of any program if not corrected. Like our president said, she could have let the program go right on out the window with those apr infractions but she understood the rich legacy and tradition of the program so they emphasized getting it fixed, on top of that corrupt and inconsistent government of lousiania we do pray that su and gram both be around for decades to come. Unless you've been sleep or in a coma for a few years I think we all can find a few reasons for the possibility of su not having a program on an entire bigger and different scale than that little net profit.

And all this is base on what?

1) The ncaa having authority to force a program to disband?

2) The President saying that he woul disband or suspend the football program?

3) History of another swac school or any school having to disband because of apr probation?

What actual facts is this theory base on other then a doomsday paranoia?

All they have to do is allow 1 permanent cross-division rival like the SEC does. Ours would be JSU.

That won't be the issue (SU-JSU, Grambling-Alcorn and Valley-UAPB are locks thus forcing the Texas and Bama schools to have permanent rivals that few will care about at their schools)

It's the playing SWAC schools as OOC opponents that will be the issue.

That won't be the issue (SU-JSU, Grambling-Alcorn and Valley-UAPB are locks thus forcing the Texas and Bama schools to have permanent rivals that few will care about at their schools)

It's the playing SWAC schools as OOC opponents that will be the issue.
The SWAC could always place some limits on that.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SU finally gets a MEAC program with a pulse in the challenge.

So are you say FAMU didn't have a pulse in 2007???

upload_2016-4-24_20-20-15.png

Although it wasn't the SWAC/MEAC Disney Challenge, we beat BCC in 2006, the year after the inaugural Disney Challenge. I guess they didn't have a pulse either.

upload_2016-4-24_20-27-42.png

So are you say FAMU didn't have a pulse in 2007???

View attachment 4267

Although it wasn't the SWAC/MEAC Disney Challenge, we beat BCC in 2006, the year after the inaugural Disney Challenge. I guess they didn't have a pulse either.

View attachment 4268

I'm sure he's saying those teams had losing records the year y'all played them unlike SCSU (who just finished with only 2 conf losses). Famu finished 3-8 in 07, I'm sure SCSU will more than likely finish with a winning record this year. This should be a good game.

I'm sure he's saying those teams had losing records the year y'all played them unlike SCSU (who just finished with only 2 conf losses). Famu finished 3-8 in 07, I'm sure SCSU will more than likely finish with a winning record this year. This should be a good game.
We had a losing record in 06 and 10 too.

That won't work for most of the schools in the conference, they should have went with the 8 game schedule to make it fair and balance.
Not really our fault that the Texas Schools and Bama Schools haven't been able to form a rivalry through the years.

And 2 of them are going to be the main ones scratching for OOC games..........

Yeah the same 2 that had conference foes as ooc games against eachother during the first time this 7 game schedule was held. (Hint: Neither of these schools were in Texas & Alabama)

Yeah the same 2 that had conference foes as ooc games against eachother during the first time this 7 game schedule was held. (Hint: Neither of these schools were in Texas & Alabama)

Trying to help the conference out because 4 teams had trouble getting OOC games. Which is how we ended up with the 9 game mandate Hint: They weren't from Louisiana

Back