2010 us news hbcu rankings

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Tougaloo at #14. That's what's up. I've never seen a school that size place so many students at Ivy League institutions. I hope they got those financial issues cleared up.

I just dont get how these school rankings things are done... and it really doesnt make any sense.... common now Lemoyne Owen on the list.... Fisk was an art painting away from being closed down last year. What is the criteria being used. Im sure people from every school on the list has its good and bad areas. They need to do some research and calculate how much money graduated are making straight out of college.... and even that wouldnt be an honest judgement because you would have to deal with cost of living areas.

What is going on at Texas So? Last place, goodness and they have numerous resources in Houston and more opportunities in all areas.

What is going on at Texas So? Last place, goodness and they have numerous resources in Houston and more opportunities in all areas.

A former employee didn't complete the criteria needed to be ranked (notice I said former).

Not trying to be sarcastic but are you serious? or is this just one of your many excuses for tSU

QUOTE=C-LeB28;1524245]A former employee didn't complete the criteria needed to be ranked (notice I said former).[/QUOTE]

I just dont get how these school rankings things are done... and it really doesnt make any sense.... common now Lemoyne Owen on the list.... Fisk was an art painting away from being closed down last year. What is the criteria being used. Im sure people from every school on the list has its good and bad areas. They need to do some research and calculate how much money graduated are making straight out of college.... and even that wouldnt be an honest judgement because you would have to deal with cost of living areas.

Public schools are at a disadvantage in these studies. I think the MAJOR criteria is SAT/ACT, GPA of entering freshmen followed by graduation rate and alumni giving. That is why private schools are ALWAYS first. They only have a few slots so they screen ACT/SAT and GPAs harder. A school like FAMU may be good but they are trying to get so many students that their admission requirements and graduation rates may be low. I also think these rankings only take into account undergradate criteria because if it took the total institution into consideration (grad school, research programs, doctoral/professional degrees awarded, and centers), JSU would easily be top 10. In fact, our President doesn't think that any HBCU can compete with the totality of JSU other than Howard but the only way to get our rankings up there with them is to become more selective....which is not about to happen.

Is it true that texas southern will merge w/UH and I heard that Houston Community college pays their instructors more than texas sorry.

Back