The Darius Miles case in Tuscaloosa

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I guess none of you read what “really” happened. Media jumped on this one without knowing the real story. Miller wasnt carrying a gun….. Miles was riding in the backseat with him earlier in the night and had a gun…. He left it in his Millers backseat because he was going to a club. Miller didnt go to the club and didnt even know the gun was in his backseat. Miles called and told him to bring him his gun that he had left in the backseat. Miller never touched the gun…. Thing is his dash cam saved his life.

The problem is accessory charges. These laws were put in place for the gang culture and they never made clear of how to use them so they can stick who they want with them. Very sad situation.

I guess none of you read what “really” happened. Media jumped on this one without knowing the real story. Miller wasnt carrying a gun….. Miles was riding in the backseat with him earlier in the night and had a gun…. He left it in his Millers backseat because he was going to a club. Miller didnt go to the club and didnt even know the gun was in his backseat. Miles called and told him to bring him his gun that he had left in the backseat. Miller never touched the gun…. Thing is his dash cam saved his life.
Good to hear

He in Alabama right? Are they going to try to cook him? I bet her family is pushing the DA for charges.

Hopefully they don't try to mess him over then. That would have me on edge if I was Miller. Especially with season he's having. That man is a lottery pick.

The DA already stated they have nothing they can charge him on….. He did nothing wrong but returned the gun to his owner who had left it in his car. He didnt know the gun was even in his car… and never touched the gun. His in car camera saved him.

That's good to hear they didn't succumb to outsiders because if this was in ATL, that attention thirsty DA would have charged him anyway

Culpepper said Miles texted Miller in the early morning hours saying, “I need my joint,” which is slang for a gun, police said.
After the shooting, Miller and Bradley’s vehicles blocked in the one Harris was in, according to testimony, but it was not clear if that was intentional.

The law perhaps can't bring him to justice b/c they can't prove he knew what was about to go down. That has NOTHING at all to do with what is right. Your boy and his wild friend say bring me my gun outside of the club. Why? What's up? Y'all bout to rob a bank or shoot up the club huh? You mad I'm asking questions? Don't leave your gat in my car, putting me at risk if I get pulled over!
You don't ask any questions? You just an ignorant bag man? just following orders huh.

If this had happened at one of our institutions. smh. we all know the picture that would be painted. You know who would be chiming in talking about the problems at hbcus.

The law perhaps can't bring him to justice b/c they can't prove he knew what was about to go down. That has NOTHING at all to do with what is right. Your boy and his wild friend say bring me my gun outside of the club. Why? What's up? Y'all bout to rob a bank or shoot up the club huh? You mad I'm asking questions? Don't leave your gat in my car, putting me at risk if I get pulled over!
You don't ask any questions? You just an ignorant bag man? just following orders huh.

If this had happened at one of our institutions. smh. we all know the picture that would be painted. You know who would be chiming in talking about the problems at hbcus.
This is true

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Let’s focus on the Public Relations Department for the University of Alabama. Due to the lack of communication and preparation of the situation on what was known by many in Tuscaloosa has just reached the media outlets. Because of the delay of Miller’s involvement in the case it has allowed media outlets to paint their own narrative of what happen. Unfortunately, the young lady’s family has to go through this drama all over again. In addition, Coach Oats was ill prepared to address the media on which he had a minimum of 3 weeks or more to prepare. The media could have asked a veteran like Nick Saban the same question and got a more seasoned response. I am praying for the family of the victim who leaves behind a 5-year-old motherless son.

Somewhere I heard this quote:

“I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole."​

https://sports.yahoo.com/brandon-mi...gain-alabama-hc-nate-oats-says-225711521.html

When Miller was introduced in the starting lineup before the game, he spread his arms as a teammate pretended to pat him down.
Head coach Nate Oats addressed the untimely pregame bit in a press conference after the game.

"Before I get started on the game, it was brought to my attention after the game about our pregame introductions. I think that's something that's been going on all year. I don't really know. I don't watch our introductions, I'm drawing up plays during that time. "Regardless, it's not appropriate, it's been addressed and I can assure you it will not happen again for the remainder of this year."

Miller nor Oats gets it.

Miller must have forgotten what state he is in.

Miles was riding in the backseat with him earlier in the night and had a gun…. He left it in his Millers backseat because he was going to a club. Miller didnt go to the club and didnt even know the gun was in his backseat. Miles called and told him to bring him his gun that he had left in the backseat. Miller never touched the gun…. Thing is his dash cam saved his life.

So the dummy doesn't check his backseat? Was the gun in a bag?

In fact what was said in the text that he got from Miles? Did it say bring his gun or some slang for gun?

Sorry folks they are going to get him someway some how. He might not be charged but what is worst the charge or dealing with the PUBLIC?

https://sports.yahoo.com/brandon-mi...gain-alabama-hc-nate-oats-says-225711521.html

Miller nor Oats gets it.

Miller must have forgotten what state he is in.

So the dummy doesn't check his backseat? Was the gun in a bag?

In fact what was said in the text that he got from Miles? Did it say bring his gun or some slang for gun?

Sorry folks they are going to get him someway some how. He might not be charged but what is worst the charge or dealing with the PUBLIC?
It’s all on video. It’s unclear who fired the first shot. I expect to see more of this stupidity in our gun crazed culture.

This will provide you with a better understanding of what possibly happened. In addition, area views of where the incident occurred with a timeline. Very powerful.

Reactions: J C
Thanks for sharing. The media sells what s afalacious mixed with a few facts. Miller is lucky to be alive.
JC,

I was in a zoom meeting last week when this lady brought up the Miller situation with hastiness. Simply bad mouthing the kid. I asked some basic questions during the zoom meeting after "THEY" brought it up such as the following and got crickets:

Do you know the name of the actual person who did the shooting?

Who shot first?

Was Miller and Miles the only UA players present?

Which news outlet alleged that a white kid on the team was present during the shooting?

In my opinion it is best to let truth unfold before we depend on hungry media sources...

Reactions: J C
Back