AAMU once again caught in the middle of another “Janky” promotion … this time by a BOT member

This is why Hyundai's name is not on the ASU football stadium.

Another thing, the last time ASU was in Mobile, ASU did not get paid. This sounds shady as HELL!!! Maybe Alzheimer's has taken hold in the athletic office......

Last edited:
This is why Hyundai's name is not on the ASU football stadium.

Another thing, the last time ASU was in Mobile, ASU did not get paid. This sounds shady as HELL!!! Maybe Alzheimer's has taken hold in the athletic office......
AAMU’s board of trustee member Kevin Ball is on the “classics” committee…. He the reason the schools are in the game. Offscript called him out on it in a recent podcast.

The breakdown of the game made financial sense… With students getting in home games we REALLY dont make that much money off basketball tickets unless they were season tickets. The home team that host the game in Mobile will make 100k. A sold out game after expenses nets about 30k at the most. So its like hosting 3 sold out home games.
couple of things. all the comparisons were to payout when they play in birmingham. well don't play in birmingham and tell me what you make at home for a sold out bama state game.
as well, going forward the game would be in the new arena w/ 6k seats. you would expect revenue growth from that game. since you've been building the arena and season ticket sales were a problem... how many have you sold in anticipation of being in the new arena?
6 years is a long time.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but TSU and PV did the same and moved out games to the Toyota Center where the rockets play. And our attendance for home games at tsu against PV has finally caught up to previous levels before the Toyota center move in my opinion

That was a 1 year deal and it wasn't really out of the area like the deal ASU & AAMU is having with it moved to entire different city. It's caught up because the conference put our games back at mid season and end of season unlike as who had the 1st game was when both schools were not in session.

If this game was in Birmingham, I could handle it a little better. Its halfway between both schools.

Mobile - shady

Real Housewives GIF by PeacockTV

couple of things. all the comparisons were to payout when they play in birmingham. well don't play in birmingham and tell me what you make at home for a sold out bama state game.
as well, going forward the game would be in the new arena w/ 6k seats. you would expect revenue growth from that game. since you've been building the arena and season ticket sales were a problem... how many have you sold in anticipation of being in the new arena?
6 years is a long time.
It’s a breakdown on AAMU’s press release on the website… yes 6000 seats more than half of those seats are for students in which you aren’t bringing in any revenue. Schools DONT make a lot of money off of home basketball games. Read this link. https://aamusports.com/story.aspx?f...mu-asu-ink-new-hoops-deal&file_date=12/8/2022

We netted 1000 dollars at the ASU game last year at home… and it was a “sell out” yes we were in a much smaller Elmore…but with students getting in free…. It isnt going to make that much of a difference.. It was 11k from the ASU/AAMU game in Birmingham. 100k is a huge difference.

Last edited:
If those figures are correct in Huntsville and Montgomery, how can a promoter guarantee $100k payout. Something ain’t right with this contract and our AD will hear about it from season ticket holders and our BOT.

If those figures are correct in Huntsville and Montgomery, how can a promoter guarantee $100k payout. Something ain’t right with this contract and our AD will hear about it from season ticket holders and our BOT.
i guess that's my question as well. how are they going to make any money? if they get 6k @ $25 that would be 150k but you're giving over half to the institution every year. that hardly seems worth it.

At least AAMU leadership finally decided to communicate, ASU is still playing I've got a secret. ASU's leadership incompetency is remarkable, they wonder why Hyundai's name is not on the stadium. :eek::eek::eek:

Animated GIF

It’s a breakdown on AAMU’s press release on the website… yes 6000 seats more than half of those seats are for students in which you aren’t bringing in any revenue. Schools DONT make a lot of money off of home basketball games. Read this link. https://aamusports.com/story.aspx?f...mu-asu-ink-new-hoops-deal&file_date=12/8/2022

We netted 1000 dollars at the ASU game last year at home… and it was a “sell out” yes we were in a much smaller Elmore…but with students getting in free…. It isnt going to make that much of a difference.. It was 11k from the ASU/AAMU game in Birmingham. 100k is a huge difference.

At least your school decided to communicate, ASU does not give a flying f*** about their supporters. I wont be buying season tickets.

I still say Birmingham would be a better location. Is their an out if they don't pay what is promised in the contract? Our athletic department has Alzheimers so they forgot that they did not get paid properly the last time they played in Mobile.

Good luck with that!

Tyler Perry Good Luck GIF by Nickelodeon

Remind them of their last adventure in Mobile and ask if they put an out in the contract if they don't pay what was agreed or did they agree on a contract where they get screwed, payout or not. Like you said the math does not add up.

Any word on attendance? Any video or pictures from game?

Enough sponsors and / or attendance to get the $100,000?

Just Asking Pulp Fiction GIF

I paid $10 for a live stream service that did not work. I had to watch the game via FB Live. They are not responding back about refunding money.

STING - I hope you canceled the order on your credit card ASAP.

On the ASU side, somebody's pocket maybe getting lined, ASU has not addressed the new deal. RADIO SILENCE!

Jay - VERY FUNNY! 😁😁😁

I dont know for sure, but from what I remember they did not. That's why I said the athletic department has Alzheimers.

I really am trying to figure out why won't all of the swac schools hire people off of this knowledgeable board that are so smart and extremely intelligent.

@TvSportsGuy21 any info on the attendance?
I'm unsure on the attendance for Monday's games. There wasn't an attendance listed on the final stats that were sent out to various media outlets. When I inquired about attendance numbers to Sports Information, they told me that they never received a true attendance figure. Judging by some pictures that I saw on social media (like the one below), it looks like the bottom bowl of the arena wasn't even filled. Keep in mind that the bands also had to sit in whole sections as well.

326066247_3390404474529347_6219462969752769087_n.jpg

I really am trying to figure out why won't all of the swac schools hire people off of this knowledgeable board that are so smart and extremely intelligent.

Coach Reed spoke out, now Tomekia.

Instead of being defensive, its time for our administrations hire the proper people to work these issues.
:tiptoe:

i guess that's my question as well. how are they going to make any money? if they get 6k @ $25 that would be 150k but you're giving over half to the institution every year. that hardly seems worth it.
095, I have been questioning these financial deals for the last 3 years including the Classic payout. Finally, others are realizing that sometime something just ain't right. However, when you question, please be prepared for the haters to question why are you asking....

i guess that's my question as well. how are they going to make any money? if they get 6k @ $25 that would be 150k but you're giving over half to the institution every year. that hardly seems worth it

parking was 10 dollars also. Also a big high school game was played before featuring the #1 high school leading scorer in the country from Baker High in Mobile playing against Leflore.

Back