2022 Swac Football Attendance - Week 12

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Texas Southern at Alabama A&M
Attendance: 1397

Prairie View A&M at Mississippi Valley State
Attendance: 3097

Florida A&M vs Bethune Cookman (Orlando)
Attendance:

Jackson State at Alcorn State
Attendance: 31017

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think it is unfair for the attendance numbers not to count in the Bayou, Magic City, Florida, and State Fair classics, where the same schools participate in the classics every year. All total, these 4 classics account for more than one quarter of a million fans (225,000 on average) for which neither the SWAC nor its member schools receive credit. If those numbets would count for one school or the other, or be divided between the participating schools equally, the SWAC would have more than 4 schoools in the top ten, attendance-wise. It seems it would be in the interest of tne conference to pursue this issue as a matter of equity.

I think it is unfair for the attendance numbers not to count in the Bayou, Magic City, Florida, and State Fair classics, where the same schools participate in the classics every year. All total, these 4 classics account for more than one quarter of a million fans (225,000 on average) for which neither the SWAC nor its member schools receive credit. If those numbets would count for one school or the other, or be divided between the participating schools equally, the SWAC would have more than 4 schoools in the top ten, attendance-wise. It seems it would be in the interest of tne conference to pursue this issue as a matter of equity.

I do know when PVAMU is the home team for the SFC, they are reported and recorded as home attendance numbers. grambling was the home for this year's game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I do know when PVAMU is the home team for the SFC, they are reported and recorded as home attendance numbers. grambling was the home for this year's game.
Interesting!! Sounds like it is up to the other schools to make it happen on their end.

That’s because it’s still on campus. They just Dnt count neutral sites which are usually always a classic game

I actually think it can be done for MCC. There is a mileage requirement I believe but you would need to look that up. It may also be possible for BCC and SU. FAMU and GSU may be too far.

Back