Yale vs Alcorn in Basketball

View attachment 13294

I was really disappointed with the attendance at that game from what I could see from the pictures I saw at the time but please correct me if I'm mistaken. I thought the novelty of that game would have attracted a fair amount of curious sports fans. I guess the attendance was poor because it was played during the holiday break when all the students were away(?).

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well hell. lol So my past-present prediction came true. lol

The SWAC is far, far behind the curve in terms of locating and acquiring quality talent AND QUALIFIED coaches.

Coach Smith is our coach and I think he has good talent.

Coach Smith is our coach and I think he has good talent.
Obviously he knows that a guard-laden team in the SWAC means instant victory IC because biggs, for the most part, don't need to be quality IC. The SWAC is a guard dominated conference.

However, the truth gets exposed OOC where the rubber meets the road.

I'd say likewise for PVAMU so the truth always hurts.

When you catch these HBCU entities constantly referencing days of yesteryear to attempt normalization of TODAY recent (< 10 years), it speaks volumes, imho.

It's 2021. Just go back 10 years and there one will find their answer. Trending yea or trending nea?

idk about that man.

Texas Southern has beaten some MAJOR FBS programs. Norfolk State has as well. It all depends how how your school invests into the hoops program

idk about that man.

Texas Southern has beaten some MAJOR FBS programs. Norfolk State has as well. It all depends how how your school invests into the hoops program
They invested in it and it obviously pays off for them. The rest of us? Mehhhhhhh.... (OOC)

Would really like to see the SWAC MBB performance OOC vs D-I FBS/FCS schools and even D-II.

The minute they see that Mississippi State flag their trip will turn in to a freedom ride.

1d92f6_da036d057ef34240a3e861859d2d33e2.jpg_srz_413_284_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz
What Mississippi flag. where have you been. Under a rock???

I was really disappointed with the attendance at that game from what I could see from the pictures I saw at the time but please correct me if I'm mistaken. I thought the novelty of that game would have attracted a fair amount of curious sports fans. I guess the attendance was poor because it was played during the holiday break when all the students were away(?).

Yeah the timing was wrong, it was like 12 noon and a holiday before school started back I think

I'd say likewise for PVAMU so the truth always hurts.

When you catch these HBCU entities constantly referencing days of yesteryear to attempt normalization of TODAY recent (< 10 years), it speaks volumes, imho.

It's 2021. Just go back 10 years and there one will find their answer. Trending yea or trending nea?

yeah can't argue that, this is the second time Alcorn has played Yale. Played em 1st in 1994 or 1995 they beat us then too lol.
Columbia came to Alcorn in the 80s and got spanked though

You canno

There were no one one campus

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back