When Utah beats Bama tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL - SUJagdeadhead - Lol

Them Bamas just couldn't come back like you thought they were.

I was hoping they won because one of my former TSU Teammates father is the assistant head coach and running backs coach. Also, the chairman of the sugar bowl is the brother of the coach I'm talking about. I bet he would've loved to give that trophy to saban and his brother.

What's the SEC bowl record.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
don't call it an upset OK?

It's just all of that West Coast talent that you just didn't know anything about.

Go Utes! :tup:

Let's give credit where credit is due. SAME OLD G called it and called it correctly.

Make no mistake. The favorite lost, but the better team won.

Last edited:
Didn't I say fugg the SEC. Fugg U of Alabama as well.

Soggy they don't realize all that Cali talent that heads to schools like Utah. Them kids can run just like those from the South. I need to get SU to recruit some of these kids out here. Last time we did we got Steve Wofford. Too much talent out here. Damn you Pete!!:kaioken::argue2::D

This is what happens when Alabama fans bet against Utah

you%20might%20be%20a%20aubie.jpg

Ute tribehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ute_Tribe
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Utes (/juːts/; "yoots") are an ethnically related group of American Indians now living primarily in Utah and Colorado. There are three Ute tribal reservations: Uintah-Ouray in northeastern Utah (3,500 members); Southern Ute in Colorado (1,500 members); and Ute Mountain which primarily lies in Colorado, but extends to Utah and New Mexico (2,000 members). The name of the state of Utah was derived from the name Ute.

Interesting!!

While you all go back in forth between SEC and PAC 10, Southeast talent versus West Coast talent, the Cotton Bowl Classic quarterback from Mississippi, Snead is from Texas and actually could not break the starting line-up at The University of Texas, further more, that MOP of the Sugar Bowl, the quarterback from Utah, Johnson is also from the 'Great State of Texas'. Ohhh, by the way the Texas SWAC institutions got, next!! We are continuing to rebuild the true legacy of the SWAC. It is a Texas Thang!!

Think About It!!

Johnson is from Baytown, Texas...played in a passing offense at Baytown Lee where they produced college ready quaterbacks...

Interesting!!

While you all go back in forth between SEC and PAC 10, Southeast talent versus West Coast talent, the Cotton Bowl Classic quarterback from Mississippi, Snead is from Texas and actually could not break the starting line-up at The University of Texas, further more, that MOP of the Sugar Bowl, the quarterback from Utah, Johnson is also from the 'Great State of Texas'. Ohhh, by the way the Texas SWAC institutions got, next!! We are continuing to rebuild the true legacy of the SWAC. It is a Texas Thang!!

Think About It!!

You are right. Utah has a lot of Texas players at skill positions.

You are right. Utah has a lot of Texas players at skill positions.

yeah, galveston county has 3 playing for utah:

•Jereme Brooks, Position: Defensive lineman

• Robert Conley (No. 66), Sr., OL, La Marque

After helping pave the way for a birth in the Sugar Bowl, La Marque grad Robert Conley was named to the first-team All-Mountain West Conference.

Conley, a four-year starter at right guard and a team captain for the Utah Utes, earned all-conference honors for the third straight season. He was a second-teamer in 2007 and an honorable mention selection in 2006.

• Brandon Burton (No. 27), RS-Fr., DB, Creek

Last edited:
Soggy they don't realize all that Cali talent that heads to schools like Utah. Them kids can run just like those from the South.

True, there is just so much talent out there. It is more than the USCs, UCLAs, Cal's, and Oregon's can handle.

Up until recently, California was the only state in the country that didn't have a high school football champion. If you were one of the L.A. high schools, the top title was a "City Championship". All of the other schools played for regional championships. There were just too many high schools in the state to play for a state title.

Now here is a little secret that the West cost schools get to take advantage of...(and I mean this respectfully)

Them dayum Samoans and Tongans!!!

Them MOFOs are just athletically gifted and they are some big ass MOFOs too. Look at any Pac-10, MWC, and some WAC school rosters and you will see what I mean. They are indeed difference makers.

USC keeps a shit load of them.

Bell recruited one..
Samesa Vaka...

He didnt come back for year two and told the biggest I ever heard.

Me: Vaka, what up man, why you leave
Vaka: Pop, I got to the airport and no one picked me up so I just hopped back on the plane flew back to cali..

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
True, there is just so much talent out there. It is more than the USCs, UCLAs, Cal's, and Oregon's can handle.

Up until recently, California was the only state in the country that didn't have a high school football champion. If you were one of the L.A. high schools, the top title was a "City Championship". All of the other schools played for regional championships. There were just too many high schools in the state to play for a state title.

Now here is a little secret that the West cost schools get to take advantage of...(and I mean this respectfully)

Them MOFOs are just athletically gifted and they are some big ass MOFOs too. Look at any Pac-10, MWC, and some WAC school rosters and you will see what I mean. They are indeed difference makers.

Those Samoans and Tongans have been making an impact for decades in the NFL. It is not a secret to me. Jack Thompson (The Throwin' Samoan), Mosi Tatupu and Junior Seau fall into this category. Thompson, like a few other players, was born in American Samoa.

Partial Junior Seau bio

.....Born in San Diego, Junior and his family moved to American Samoa, and then returned to California prior to entering grade school ... Did not speak English until age seven.

Last edited:

You are correct - up in Northern Cali we play for Section Championships. Basketball, wrestling are the only two sports that have state championships that I know of.

As far as those polynisians - those are some big mofo's. One of the largest I know is Junior Siavii who went to Oregon and played in the league for a few years. Most of them mofo's I know are also psycho.

Last edited:
Those Samoans and Tongans have been making an impact for decades in the NFL. It is not a secret to me. Jack Thompson (The Throwin' Samoan), Moisi Tatupu and Junior Seau fall into this category. Thompson, like a few other players, was born in American Samoa.

Partial Junior Seau bio

Born in San Diego, Junior and his family moved to American Samoa, and then returned to California prior to entering grade school ... Did not speak English until age seven.

Exactly...and all of those players you mentioned played for West Coast programs

For the first time in history I was wrong. Congrats Utah. I should have knew better though. The same reasons why I was telling my friends bama was going to lose to Florida, is the same reasons they lost to Utah. Bama is actually 2 years away. Saban did a masterful coaching job to even get them this far. That team had a lot of holes.

Utah is legit... Bama overachieved this season... Utah came in "on a mission"... Bama was flat early/not talented enuff to recover!

Oh and Saban (smirk and all) is still one of the best coaches in America...might actually be the best. Losing that game is gonna actually help in recruiting...kids gonna see theirs a chance to get on the field early for a team that will be a contender to be back in the SEC championship game - - most likely win it.

Utah is legit!!!! (Had to re-emphasize that point) :clap:

Paul Bear Bryant is asking God right now,

What the F#@% are Utes?!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J1V-4boT_ts&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J1V-4boT_ts&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SOGgy tried to told y'all SEC nut riders 'bout them Utes.

:lmao:

Last edited:
I am reading a lot of excuses why Bama lost to Utah. Excuses like, the offense line was not at full strength, the Tide overachieved, roster was full of underclassmen and the defensive coordinator might be leaving.

All season I heard and read about how Bama football was back. Those cries got louder after the Tide rolled Georgia. Nick Saban was called a genius winning with a bunch of freshman on the roster.

Then before the Sugar Bowl Saban goes out and says Bama played in "a real conference."

Funny how things change.

Utah dominated Bama from jump to the end of the game. You can say the shuffling of the offensive line was a legit reason why the Tide lost.

However, the No.4 team in the nation, especially one that plays in the southeastern conference is supposed to be deeper than a team from the Mountain West don't you think?

They are supposed to have more talent, play a tougher schedule and have to fight and scratch for every yard and win.

But yet, there are holes in the Bama roster after losing to a team they were favored to beat by double-digits?

To me Nick Saban is no where near Pete Carroll when it comes to coaching or recruiting.

USC does not lose this game. The Trojans lost Joe McKnight in the second quarter of the Rose Bowl and finished the half on a 24-0 run against Penn State. Heck, they lost half of the defense from last year and had the No.1 unit in the nation.

The Tide loses their left tackle and John Parker Wilson was running for his life the whole game against a team called the Utes.

Bama might be better next year, but right now I think a lot of people, especially those who write for various Alabama newspapers, need to give Utah a little bit more respect for beating up the Tide.

Last edited:

Michigan State had a good pipeline as well in prior years. Cant remember what coach it was under.

It was the Oline... missing All American Andre Smith, then his backup got lost early in the game. UA was playing with a makeshift line, moving players to posistions they had never played before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back