Week 2 of the HBCU football season featured the annual Southern Heritage Classic between Jackson State and Tennesee State, a neutral site, a non-conference contest between Grambling State and Northwestern State, and an assortment of other entertaining matchups featuring entertaining halftime shows.
Below is our selection of the top five HBCU band halftime shows from Week 2.
5. Virginia State (vs. Bluefield State)
Performed at Rogers Stadium, Petersburg, Virginia
4. Tennessee State (vs. Jackson State)
Performed at the AutoZone Liberty Bowl, Memphis, Tennessee
3. Florida A&M (vs. Albany State)
Performed at Bragg Memorial Stadium, Tallahassee, Florida
2. Bethune-Cookman (vs. South Carolina State)
Performed at Daytona Stadium, Daytona Beach, Florida
1. Grambling (vs. Northwestern State)
Performed at Independence Stadium, Shreveport, Louisiana
What a joke! Grambling messed that show up so bad that it made Stevie Wonder cringe. Stick to sports!