HAMPTON, Va. – Hampton University and Under Armour, Inc. announced a new partnership agreement. The Baltimore-based global leader in performance footwear, apparel and equipment will become the official outfitter of Hampton University athletics beginning July 1, 2018.
As part of the multi-year agreement, Under Armour will provide on-field and training gear for 17 varsity sports. Additionally, Under Armour will outfit members of the athletic department including coaches and staff.
“We are extremely happy to partner with a top-level company in Under Armour,” said Hampton University President Dr. William R. Harvey. “Our agreement will help keep our athletics department on the cutting edge of advancements in athletic performance gear, which will benefit all of Hampton University athletics.”
The new official outfitter agreement includes marketing entitlement that will complement Under Armour’s brand marketing campaigns through print and venue presence at the University.
Hampton joins the Big South Conference on July 1 after a 22-year stay in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference. Some highlights include:
- Men’s basketball finished the 2017-18 season as MEAC Regular Season Champions and participated in the National Invitation Tournament for the first time in school history.
- Men’s basketball, as a 15th-seed in the 2001 NCAA Tournament, knocked off #2-seeded Iowa State in Boise, Idaho.
- The track program has produced five Olympic medalist and five NCAA Champions
- Women’s basketball winning the MEAC Tournament Championship nine times in 22 years.
- Overall Hampton has had 30 NCAA Division I Tournament teams in its 22-year MEAC run.
Hampton University joins the growing Under Armour roster of NCAA partners that includes the University of Wisconsin, University of Notre Dame, Naval Academy Athletic Association, University of Maryland, Texas Tech University, Northwestern University, University of Cincinnati, Boston College, University of Utah, University of South Carolina and Auburn University.
Courtesy: Hampton Athletics
Leave a Reply