Offensive Player of the Week
Marcus Wright – RB, Texas Southern (5-10, 210, Jr., Dayton, Ohio) Wright rushed for over 100 yards for the fifth straight game in helping lead the Tigers to a 41-34 overtime win against Grambling. He rushed for 171 yards on 32 carries and scored a touchdown. The win keeps alive Texas Southern’s push for its first SWAC Championship Game berth.
- K.J. Black (QB, PVAM) – Passed for 329 yards and 3 TDs
- Brandon Bridge (QB, ALCN) – Passed for 180 yards and 3 TDs, and rushed for 66 yards and 1 TD
Defensive Player of the Week
Donavan Robinson – DE, Jackson State (6-3, 250, Jr., Milwaukee, Wisc.) Robinson recorded 9 tackles (2 solo) with 4.0 tackles-for-loss (24 yards) and 2.0 sacks (19 yards). With the Tigers holding a 31-30 lead late in the third quarter, he set up the game-sealing touchdown for JSU with a sack and forced fumble that led to a turnover. JSU went on to defeat UAPB 52-30.
- Dejuan Fulghum (LB, TXSO) – 7 tackles (6 solo), 3.5 sacks, 3.5 TFL
- Yavarion Richardson (CB, PVAM) – 9 tackles, picked off a lateral and returned it for a TD
- Derrick Wilhite (DB, GRAM) – 16 tackles (9 solo), 2 INTs, including a 38-yard TD
- Jimmy Daniels (DE, ALST) – 6 tackles, 2.0 tackles-for-loss, a forced fumble, and a QB hurry
Special Teams Player of the Week
Jacques Rickerson – DB, Alabama State (5-10, 185, Sr., St. Augustine, Fla.) Rickerson averaged 21.0 yards per punt return with a long of 66. He also returned a blocked field goal attempt 56 yards to set up the Hornets final touchdown that provided the margin of victory. Defensively, he also had an interception and return for 28 yards. The Hornets defeated Southern 21-19 to clinch the SWAC East title and their first berth in the SWAC Championship Game since 2004.
- Robert Hersh (PK, TXSO) – Connected on both field goal attempts, including a 20-yarder that sent game to overtime
- Thad Hill (WR, PVAM) – 108 yards in punt returns, including a touchdown
- Edward Patterson (DB, GRAM) – 2 kickoff returns for 118 yards, including 95-yard touchdown
Newcomer of the Week
Casey Therriault – QB, Jackson State (6-3, 205, Jr., Wyoming Park, Mich.) Therriault accounted for 7 touchdowns as he threw for 331 yards and 5 scores on 22 of 30 attempts. He also rushed for 91 yards and 2 touchdowns in the Tigers’ 52-30 win at Arkansas-Pine Bluff. He completed passes to 8 different receivers during the contest. He is 369 yards from setting the JSU single-season passing record.
- Marquis Jackson (DE, TXSO) – 6 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
- Nigel Carr (LB, ALST) – 7 tackles, 1.0 TFL
- Anthony Carrothers (QB, GRAM) – 120 yards passing and 1 TD, 67 yards rushing and 1 TD