The Southwestern Athletic Conference announced its football players of the week for games played October 30.
Offensive Player of the Week
Raymond Webber – WR, Arkansas-Pine Bluff (6-3, 220, Sr., St. Louis, Mo.) Webber caught 9 passes for a school record 243 yards and a touchdown in the Golden Lions’ 35-25 loss to Grambling in the Delta Classic 4 Literacy. In the game, he also set the UAPB school mark for career receptions (150). The 243 yards receiving is the third-highest single-game total in the NCAA this season.
- Andrew Pitts (RB, ALST) – Rushed for a career-high 124 yards and 1 TD; Named Magic City Classic Offensive MVP
- Frank Warren (RB, GRAM) – Surpassed Walter Payton for 5th on the SWAC career rushing list with 95 yards on 21 carries
- Casey Therriault (QB, JKST) – Threw for 291 yards and 2 TDs; Rushed for 26 yards and a TD
- Marcus Wright (RB, TXSO) – Rushed for 131 yards and 1 TD
Defensive Player of the Week
Donovan Masline – DB, Alabama State (5-8, 160, Jr., Jacksonville, Fla.) Masline earned Defensive Most Valuable Player honors at the Magic City Classic with 2 interceptions and 63 return yards. His second interception he returned 40 yards for a touchdown that put the game out of reach as the Hornets defeated Alabama A&M 31-10, snapping a 5-game losing streak to their arch rivals.
- Dujuan Fulghum (LB, TXSO) – 10 total tackles (4 solo), 2.5 TFL, 0.5 sacks
- Tim Dandridge (DB, JKST) – 12 total tackles, 1.0 tackles-for-loss
- Cliff Exama (LB, GRAM) – 11 total tackles (6 solo)
Special Teams Player of the Week
Andrew Lyons – PK, Alabama State (5-8, 170, Panama City, Fla.) Lyons remained perfect on the season in PAT kicks (20-20) connecting on all 4 attempts in Alabama State’s 31-10 victory in the Magic City Classic over Alabama A&M. Lyons also hit a 41-yard field goal.
- William Griswold (PK, SUBR) – Made all 4 kicks (2 PAT, 2 FG), including a career-long 49-yarder
- Robert Hersh (PK, TXSO) – Made all 4 PATs and a 20-yard field goal
Newcomer of the Week
Dray Joseph – QB, Southern (6-1, 190, Fr., Edgar, La.) Joseph, making his first career start at quarterback for the Jaguars, threw for 394 yards and a touchdown on 26 completions in 48 attempts. He completed passes to 10 difference receivers and was intercepted just once. Southern lost to Alcorn State 27-20.
- E.J. Drewery (WR, JKST) – Caught 3 passes for 115 yards with a long catch of 41 yards
- Kirk Fitzhugh (TE, TXSO) – Caught 2 passes for 65 yards, including a 57-yard touchdown
Leave a Reply