Offensive Player of the Week
Frank Warren – RB, Grambling State (5-9, 200, Sr., Pleasant Grove, Ala.) Warren carried 29 times for 202 yards and 4 touchdowns on the ground. He also caught 2 passes for 19 yards and another score. The Tigers defeated Alcorn State 38-28 to remain undefeated in league play. Warren is currently the 2nd leading rusher in the nation at 155.50 yards per game.
- Rico Richardson (WR, JKST) – Caught 5 passes for 117 yards and 3 TDs, including last-second game-winner
- Jeremiah McGinty (QB, SUBR) – Threw for 293 yards and 3 touchdowns
- K.J. Black (QB, PVAM) – Threw for 274 yards and 2 touchdowns
- Josh Bourdeaux (QB, UAPB) – Threw for 254 yards and 2 touchdowns
Defensive Player of the Week
Jer-ryan Harris – LB, Arkansas-Pine Bluff (6-3, 235, Fr., Memphis, Tenn.) Harris tallied 12 total tackles (3 solo) and 2.0 tackles-for-loss (11 yards) in UAPB’s 21-14 victory over Alabama A&M. He also forced a fumble. Harris is currently 9th in the nation and leading the SWAC in tackles averaging 11.50 takedowns per game.
- Cliff Exama (LB, GRAM) – Recorded 17 tackles (7 solo) with an interception
- Chris Adingapu (FS, PVAM) – 6 total tackles, 1 pass breakup, and 1 interception and return for a 53-yard touchdown
Special Teams Player of the Week
William Griswold – PK, Southern (6-1, 175, Fr., Tampa, Fla.) Griswold connected on all 7 kicks scoring 12 total points for the Jaguars in a 49-45 loss at Jackson State. He kicked field goals of 43, 38, and 37 yards, and made good on all four PAT attempts. Griswold is now 19 for 19 on PATs on the season.
- Richard Wilson (KR, SUBR) – 122 return yards, including a 60-yard punt return for touchdown
Newcomer of the Week
Casey Therriault – QB, Jackson State (6-3, 205, Jr., Wyoming Park, Mich.) Therriault completed his first career fourth-quarter comeback for the Tigers. He completed 24 of 40 for 317 yards and 5 touchdowns, the last coming with :02 remaining in the game to give JSU at 49-45 victory over Southern.
Marcus White (LB, PVAM) – 7 tackles with 1.5 tackles-for-loss