Devin Dominguez – QB, Alabama State (6-5, 201, Junior, Fort Wayne, Ind.) Dominguez led Alabama State to its second conference win, a 38-31 decision over Arkansas-Pine Bluff, by throwing 5 touchdown passes to five different receivers. The game-winner came on a 4-yard strike to Nick Andrews with 5:26 to play in the contest. He completed 13 of 28 passes for 152 yards, and also rushed for 19 yards on 8 attempts. Alabama State is 2-0 overall and 2-0 in the SWAC.
- Joshua Boudreaux (QB, UAPB) – Threw for 242 yards and 2 TDs, and rushed for 113 yards on 9 carries.
- Casey Therriault (QB, JKST) – Completed 23 of 38 attempts for 284 yards and 4 TDs.
- Shaun Stephens (WR, PVAM) – Caught 5 passes for 107 yards and a touchdown.
- Deaunte Mason (QB, AAMU) – Threw for 167 yards and 2 TDs.
Defensive Player of the Week
Milton Patterson – LB, Jackson State (6-1, 235, So., Atlanta, Ga.) Patterson led Jackson State to a win over Tennessee State in the Southern Heritage Classic by recording 12 total tackles, 8 of which were solo, and 3.0 tackles-for-loss for a total of 6 yards. JSU’s win broke a 7-game streak by Tennessee State in the game and gave the Tigers (JSU) a 2-0 overall record for the first time since the 2001 season.
- Kejuan Riley (FS, ALST) – Team-high 8 tackles with a forced fumble and a fumble recovery
- Raheem Cardwell (LB, PVAM) – Team high 8 tackles and 1.0 tackles-for-loss.
- Brandon Parsons (DB, AAMU) – Team-high 6 tackles (5 solo).
Special Teams Player of the Week
Chance Wilson – PK/P, Alabama A&M (5-9, 185, So., Huntsville, Ala.) Wilson pinned Central State inside its 20-yard-line on 4 of his 6 punts, averaging 39.8 yards per kick, and helping lead the Bulldogs to a 45-0 victory in the inaugural Louis Crews Classic. He had a long punt of 51 yards and connected on his first career field goal, a 27-yard attempt. He also made all 6 PAT kicks.
- Pedro Ventura (P, PVAM) – Averaged 42.0 yards per punt with a long of 52.
- Andrew Lyons (PK, ALST) – Perfect in placekicking on the night, 5-5 PAT and 1-1 FG (31 yards)
Newcomer of the Week
Jacques Rickerson – DB, Alabama State (5-10, 185, Jr., St. Augustine, Fla.) Rickerson recorded an interception and returned it for 17 yards, plus 5 tackles. He also averaged 33.5 yards on 2 punt returns and 25.0 yards per kick return.
- B.J. Lee (RB, JKST) – Rushed for 75 yards on 12 carries.
- Kalvin Guyton (RB, PVAM) – Rushed for 30 yards on 5 carries, and totaled 138 yards on 6 kickoff returns.