Interim head track coach, Greg Thompson, has announced the signing of 16 student-athletes who will participate in track & field at Southern University. Thompson was named the interim coach when long time head coach, Johnny Thomas, was stricken with an illness, and took a leave of absence. Tinnequo Lightfoot-Ross remains as Thompson’s assistant.
Southern University Track and Field is coming off of a women’s third place finish and a mens fourth place finish at the 2008 SWAC Championships.
Women’s Signees, Event(s),. Hometown
1) Sierra Richard, Sprints, Lafayette, LA.
2) Victoria Guillory, Hurdles/Jumps, Ville Platte, LA
3) Taylor Toles, Sprints/Jumps, Atlanta, GA
4) Janessia Doucet, Hurdles/Jumps, Iowa, LA
5) Jazzmine Sims, Sprints, Houston, TX
6) Mary Newton, 400m/800m, Sulpher, LA
7) Lambreche Odeh, Sprints, Houston, TX
8) Chelsea James, Multi, Houston, TX
9) Kayante’ Parker, Sprints, Baton Rouge, LA
10) Sadie Fuqua, Sprints, Dallas, TX
11) Brittany Brassfield, Sprints, Flint, MI
Men’s Signees, Event(s), Hometown
1) Malcolm Murrey, 400m/800m, Houston, TX
2) Anthony Cotton, Sprints/PV, Houston, TX
3) Johnny Francois’, Sprints, Morgan City, LA
4) Jonathan Satchel, Hurdles, Houston, TX
5) Corey Atkins, Hurdles, Houston, TX