Sheila Jackson Lee Gets Blown Out

Isn't she still a congresswoman?
I think she still is, but if she wants to run for congress again she has to declare very soon. I voted for her, but the way she talked to her staff is a turn off for a lot of people. I am not surprised that she lost. I thought the race would be a lot closer.

I think she still is, but if she wants to run for congress again she has to declare very soon. I voted for her, but the way she talked to her staff is a turn off for a lot of people. I am not surprised that she lost. I thought the race would be a lot closer.
A lot of younger "progressive thinking" Black folk are not enamored with her. They don't get it.

I want to see Whitmire make good on his crime promise.

A lot of younger "progressive thinking" Black folk are not enamored with her. They don't get it.
I have a tendency to judge people on how you treat people you don't have to be nice to. That was my problem with her. And, United States Representative Al Green is another one. He came to the court house one day and because he had to pay $2.50 to park he clowned our parking attendant something fierce. So when people show you who they are, believe them, as somebody once said.

Also black folks have been pushed out to the county and other counties outside the city limits also so see the real effect of gentrification? that new house comes with a cost as your in no man's land by design

Hispanics will not participate or vote white

But Sheila couldn't fundraise also

1. She didn't want to win. She never put in any real effort. In Houston sometimes you get ask to do things by power brokers and answer yes when you know from the start you should say no.

2. She is a centrally located south side politician. Her core constituency doesn't extend beyond that with the exception of fifth ward.

3. Whitmire was never in jeopardy of losing his share of black votes. He has served the northside black constituency a long time without any complaints, and at times with praise.

4. She has done very little to make in-roads with the Hispanic population over the years. That did not help her a bit.

Also black folks have been pushed out to the county and other counties outside the city limits also so see the real effect of gentrification? that new house comes with a cost as your in no man's land by design

Hispanics will not participate or vote white

But Sheila couldn't fundraise also
She didn't try to fundraise. She didn't want it bad enough.

I respectfully disagree.

Why not? They've taken over local school districts but their support at extracurricular events, schools, etc is non-existent as a whole - they are to themselves -

Sheila spent most of her money in Hispanic media at the beginning

Is it that? I ask cause on the east coast, cities are moving more moderate to the right in the aftermath of the defund the police movements. DC has gotten so bad that the feds are now having to step in and do sting operations on these teens. If Trump gets back in, the feds might take DC back over.

I didn't vote for her and have not been on her band wagon for years. She is nothing but a camera hawk. And especially after she supported Hillary Clinton for President over Obama and than all in his face like she was with him all the time.

Is it that? I ask cause on the east coast, cities are moving more moderate to the right in the aftermath of the defund the police movements. DC has gotten so bad that the feds are now having to step in and do sting operations on these teens. If Trump gets back in, the feds might take DC back over.

Most people are moderates and folks are realizing that those wacky, far left, progressive ideas do not work when it comes to crime. Im glad someone ran on a "tough on crime " platform because everytime I go down to Houston its some foolishness being reported on the news. I hope it works out.

I didn't vote for her and have not been on her band wagon for years. She is nothing but a camera hawk. And especially after she supported Hillary Clinton for President over Obama and than all in his face like she was with him all the time.
There were a lot black politicians doing that song and dance. Most of them, local and national, are still in office.

. Im glad someone ran on a "tough on crime " platform
Ok, I understand what you are saying, and your points are well taken. But, Yall know as well as I do, that when they say "tough on crime", they will target us first. Stop and frisk/search for example. Heavy handed tactics by the police. My question is, are we prepared to deal with this without saying police brutality? I guess what I am asking, is when you say "tough on crime", exactly what does that mean?

Just thought of one more reason she lost. Her emphasis is in the 18th congressional district. The 18th does not encompass the entire city of Houston. The 18th probably showed up big for her but not enough to out weigh the entire city.

Back