JSU vs Howard...results

Tell him Untamed. Alcorn had possession with a chance to tie. Sounds like a contest to me.

As for Howard, Kent wasn't pulled midway into the 4th, he finished a possession that started in the 3rd that went into the 4th. We played Flynn every possession that started in the 4th. And the defense laxed up 27-3 in the 4th. I bet Howard had 200 yards gained in the 4th quarter. The were straight clamped for the 1st 3 quarters.

Originally posted by Robber
Tell him Untamed. Alcorn had possession with a chance to tie. Sounds like a contest to me.

As for Howard, Kent wasn't pulled midway into the 4th, he finished a possession that started in the 3rd that went into the 4th. We played Flynn every possession that started in the 4th. And the defense laxed up 27-3 in the 4th. I bet Howard had 200 yards gained in the 4th quarter. The were straight clamped for the 1st 3 quarters.

SO I GUESS THE SAME COULDN'T BE TRUE FOR GSU. DID THE PAPER ALSO SAY THAT HYMES DIDN'T PLAY SOME OF THE 2ND QUARTER AND ALL OF THE 2ND HALF.

NO CONTEST. ONLY PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT IT WAS A CONTEST WAS THE NAY SAYERS WHO WANTED SMACK MATERIAL.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Machiavelli,

Let's compare the two situation and you tell me if they are the same.

NO. 1

JSU goes up 14-3 and lead is NEVER less than 10. JSU leads 27-3 in the 4th. Howard scores 2 4th quarter TDs to get to the 10 point final deficit. Kent is taken out of the game, as it is well in hand up 27-3. Reserves are played to get valuable PT.

NO. 2

Gram is up big on Alcorn, 30-7 (or whatever it was). You say they took Hymes out in the 2nd quarter and he doesn't play in the 2nd half. At some point, Alcorn get 2 scores to make it 30-22 with half the 4th quarter to play. Then Alcorn gets the ball back with a chance to drive for a TD and game tying 2 point conversion. Grambling gets late TD to seal the game. (End comparison)

You don't see the BIG difference in these two situations. Let me help you out. JSU's game was never close. Gram's game wasn't close for a long while, but somewhere, someway, somehow y'all let Alcorn back in it. And if you don't think that Alcorn wasn't back in that game when they got the ball near midfield down by only 8 points, then I don't know what else to say.

Don't mind them...

Gram people are just upset because their all-world defense allowed a converted freshman tight-end to damn-near pull a McNair.

Super,

You went the extra mile to emphasize the 300+ yards JSU gave up this weekend, yet failed to address the 300+ ya'll gave up to Alcorn. Still can't defend the deep ball, huh?

Oct. 20th can't get here soon enough.

Back