Hewitt plays the race card at the U. S. Open

Olde Hornet

I was at the Blake / Leyton Hewitt match, that SOB should have been hog tied by the media, but his skin color has let him off the hook. He was playing a lousy match and blamed his foot fault calls on race. They actually moved the official to a different spot based on race accusation. When players of European play the race card, it ok. If any player of non-European decent had made that charge, all of the media would have come down on them like a ton of bricks. Can you imagine if the Venus or Serena would have made that charge? I will boo Hewitt every chance I get. :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: The other story that did not make the media is that Blake threw up and came back out on the court to play the match, after hitting a passing shot, Hewitt was pumping his fist like he did something special, when the reality is that Blake had no energy / strength to move across the court. Again if a player of non-European decent had done this, they would have been booed off of the court.

Blake really needs to work on his back had and get into shape if he is going to play with the big boys. He is attending Harvard, so if getting is degree is what he wants to do, its cool, but no once can expect him to do anything unless he can handle five sets. If he was is shape, he would have won the Hewitt match.

GOOD LUCK to the Williams - I hope to see both of them in the finals! ;)

Back