Do really have plans for when you retire?

That's my future passion, right there. I plan to take lessons sometime in the near future. Putt Putt and Golf World are my only golfing experience, LOL, but I've always liked the sport.

Man, I love it. Now that it's warmed up a little I might take 9 holes in this weekend.

After retiring 16 years ago, my full time job everyday is not going back to work. There is no time to get bored in retirement, because after Let's Make A Deal and The Price Is Right goes off the morning is gone. Spend about two hours having fun with telephone marketers. If they think you are crazy they will hang up. Do a few exercises, go to a meeting, talk about those who did not attend the meeting, review comments on TSPN, make traveling plans for the upcoming football season and find someone who you can ruin there day. Now if you think about taking another job, do not retire. P.S. Contributed monthly to the Mississippi Education Plan sponsored by Tunica.

That's my future passion, right there. I plan to take lessons sometime in the near future. Putt Putt and Golf World are my only golfing experience, LOL, but I've always liked the sport.

Golf is fun but it will humble you..... Lol... I took a bunch of azzwhippings last year on the course. I need to go grab my clubs out of storage in the near future and make some trips to the course next month.

After retiring 16 years ago, my full time job everyday is not going back to work. There is no time to get bored in retirement, because after Let's Make A Deal and The Price Is Right goes off the morning is gone. Spend about two hours having fun with telephone marketers. If they think you are crazy they will hang up. Do a few exercises, go to a meeting, talk about those who did not attend the meeting, review comments on TSPN, make traveling plans for the upcoming football season and find someone who you can ruin there day. Now if you think about taking another job, do not retire. P.S. Contributed monthly to the Mississippi Education Plan sponsored by Tunica.

This is another reason I want to work until 70. I rather work at this job that I like than retire and work at another one that I hate. Also, my retirement plans are flexible. I have retirement plans or exit strategies that ranges from tomorrow to age 70 with 70 being the best scenario for me. I just have to make it to 70 with good health and a relatively sane mind.

Buy one of these bad boys(in black and old gold) and drive cross country making sure I tailgate at the SU games and a couple of Steelers games.

extreme-rvs-203-ss-001_596x334.jpg

That's it right there, replacing SU with MVSU and Steelers with Cowboys.

I will also go even harder in the gym. Might even try masters bodybuilding.

Golf is fun but it will humble you..... Lol... I took a bunch of azzwhippings last year on the course. I need to go grab my clubs out of storage in the near future and make some trips to the course next month.

I know I will take some serious ass-kickings for at least the first four or five years. These businessmen here in FL- Black, White and Hispanic- have been playing golf for years.

I know I will take some serious ass-kickings for at least the first four or five years. These businessmen here in FL- Black, White and Hispanic- have been playing golf for years.

I took lessons through my church and I play in my church league. It is like 100 people in the league. I play with some Jewish coworkers from time to time too (they beat me like I played basketball for Grambling)

This is another reason I want to work until 70. I rather work at this job that I like than retire and work at another one that I hate. Also, my retirement plans are flexible. I have retirement plans or exit strategies that ranges from tomorrow to age 70 with 70 being the best scenario for me. I just have to make it to 70 with good health and a relatively sane mind.

Longevity Vs. Retirement Age

The pension funds in many large corporations (e.g., Boeing, Lockheed Martin, AT&T, Lucent Technologies, etc.) have been "Over Funded" because many "late retirees" who keep-on working into their old age and retire late after the age of 65 tend to die within two years after their retirements. In other words, many of these late retirees do not live long enough to collect all their fair shares of pension money such that they leave a lot of extra-unused money in the pension funds resulting in the over-funded pension funds.

Dr. Ephrem (Siao Chung) Cheng provided the important results in the following Table 1 and the associated chart from an actuarial study of life span vs. age at retirement. The study was based on the number of pension checks sent to retirees of Boeing Aerospace.

retirementtable.gif

There are conflicting research results on whether early retirement is a cause for early deaths.

1. On one hand, there are researches which show that one additional year of early retirement causes an increase in the risk of premature death of 2.4 percentage points or 1.8 months in terms of years of life lost.

A study by Shell, which followed their workers for 26 years, suggested that survival for those who retire at 65 are greater. “ Survival rates remained significantly greater for those who retired at age 65 compared with those who retired at age 55,â€￾ the researchers wrote. Many people underestimate the importance of their job when they give it up.

2. On the other hand, Dr. Sing Lin in his paper “Optimum Strategies for Creativity and Longevityâ€￾ dated 2002 pointed to an opposite direction. One of his conclusions is that â€￾ if you are not able to get out of the pressure-cooker or the high-speed battleground at the age of 55 and “haveâ€￾ to keep on working very hard until the age of 65 or older before your retirement, then you probably will die within 18 months of retirement. By working very hard in the pressure cooker for 10 more years beyond the age of 55, you give up at least 20 years of your life span on average.â€￾

Rest of Story

Attachments

• retirementtable.jpg
    retirementtable.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Travel while you are young. If wait to travel at 70+, you might have too many ailments to enjoy traveling. I did my travel from 30 to ....

Yall can have the golf course that's work. I will be on the fishing bank chilling. :lol:

:lol: The first time I played, yea it was because it was September in Michigan and we walked all 18 holes. From then on, I made sure I had golf cart, beer and water. Speaking of fishing, a couple of my coworkers are trying to get to Grand Isle in a couple of weeks to fish. I plan to do the same when I take the kids to Gulf Shores in May.

I have always had the dream of packing my shit up in an RV and fishing in a body of water in every state.

I look forward to the day when my life doesn't circulate around work and the demands of others place on me. I'm trying to make some mental adjustments in my mind now to stop seeing myself as the sum of my paycheck and to gain some self worth in other facets of my life.

Back