Colin Kaepernick refuses to stand for the anthem in protest

Sooo has Kap registered to vote yet?

Ask it again for the folks in the back who forget Kaep didn't vote and said neither were qualified to be President.
Of course he paid for it when Trump got elected. Folks had moved on from him UNTIL you know who started up again.
If Trump was not in the White House who knows if Kaep would have been playing again.

If Kap doesn't believe in a system that hurt his people, why would he choose to invest in it?

I do not know where we (black people) think that we HAVE to vote for trash and want to invoke the names of Fannie, Freedom Riders, etc. as the reason why we should vote even if the candidates don't have any interests in us

Freedom in this country includes the right to NOT vote especially if you don't believe in the system as you stated

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know where we (black people) think that we HAVE to vote for trash and want to invoke the names of Fannie, Freedom Riders, etc. as the reason why we should vote even if the candidates don't have any interests in us

Freedom in this country includes the right to NOT vote especially if you don't believe in the system as you stated

Sorry, I'm calling bs on this. How are you going to change a system of oppression by boycotting the election? That only helps the oppressor to stay in power. Every African American has an obligation to vote. Those in positions of leadership and in the spotlight perhaps even moreso.

Sometimes ya gotta hold your nose and vote for the lesser of evils. I'll admit Hillary wasn't particularly appealing but she would have been better than the alternative. Now here we are four years later with a president who's trying to suppress our vote..... all in part because a lot of us (especially millennials) chose not to vote in 2016. Even if Kaep didn't want to vote on the presidential candidates there were a number of state and local issues for him to help decide.

To make matters worse, Trump openly encouraged NFL owners to fire Kaepernick for taking a knee and of course they blackballed him. You'd think that would be enough motivation for him to help vote this president out of office? I guess not? Anyways I'm praying he sees the light and gets registered to vote. The optics of him doing this could be powerful!

Back