Bayou Classic is moving from NBC to NBC Sports Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Don't huh. Let Your Pride Go....this is about survival. You and Grambling can move your game to the start of the Season like PV-TX Southern. I also want JSU and Alcorn to do the same thing.
Aint happening......... that jsu/alcorn at the beginning of the season. For what purpose in our case?

Our game is the week before thanksgiving, no tv obligation, and we still have at least 2 weeks before the scg.

Aint happening......... that jsu/alcorn at the beginning of the season. For what purpose in our case?

Our game is the week before thanksgiving, no tv obligation, and we still have at least 2 weeks before the scg.

Bruuuuuuuuh!

I don't know why he has a hard-on for moving all rivalry games to the start of the season, nor his infatuation with Howard.

It is here, I can't tell you about other places. I have a suspicion that it just might be, but folks just don't search to find iout.

I did accidentally

I've never seen it on NBC Sports Network. Never seen it promoted that the games could be found on NBCSN. I do know you can watch events, including SNF, with the NBCSN app or on the NBC Sports website.

Man, all yall Jags ain't saying isht. Can someone tell me what channel will the BC be broadcast on?

Here's the info, you can search by ZIP code

Nationally ... UVerse channel 640/1640; DirecTV Channel 220; Dish Network Channel 159/9466

Now other cities have Comcast, Time Warner, etc.

In Jackson, Miss...
Comcast channel 31/448/1697

In Baton Rouge ...
Cox Communications channel 105/1105

In Houston ...
Comcast channel 49/649
Phonoscope Digital Rebuild channel 613/1613
Phonoscopre Digital channel 113
Wavevision XDTV channel 128/624

Last edited:
Thanks J, cause your SU comrades ain't saying isht. DirecTv is 220? Hmmmmm........I think that channel comes with an extended sports package or something. I don't think its a channel that EVERYONE gets for free.

Damn don't you're tv guide have search? Geesh

Thanks J, cause your SU comrades ain't saying isht. DirecTv is 220? Hmmmmm........I think that channel comes with an extended sports package or something. I don't think its a channel that EVERYONE gets for free.

Remember, NBCSN was Versus and I believe it came with Cox. I know it comes in the U-200 tier of U-Verse where you get the ESPNs, Big 10 Network, FS1 and other sports channels. it's basically the U-Verse package without Showtime and movie channels not HBO/Cinemax.With Cox, you get it in the second tier of channels, just a step up from basic.

Remember, NBCSN was Versus and I believe it came with Cox. I know it comes in the U-200 tier of U-Verse where you get the ESPNs, Big 10 Network, FS1 and other sports channels. it's basically the U-Verse package without Showtime and movie channels not HBO/Cinemax.With Cox, you get it in the second tier of channels, just a step up from basic.
Yeah, I just checked and I have the channel, but I think it comes with my extended sports package or something on DirecTv.

Yeah, I just checked and I have the channel, but I think it comes with my extended sports package or something on DirecTv.

If you have FS1 and the ESPNs, you already got NBCSN. Folks act like the channel is the Siberia Network. Yes, it's not main thang NBC, but it's a widely-available cable channel.

If you have FS1 and the ESPNs, you already got NBCSN. Folks act like the channel is the Siberia Network. Yes, it's not main thang NBC, but it's a widely-available cable channel.
To some it is J. I know people that don't have cable like that. My cousins in Ferriday have some type of cable I never heard of. Only like 20 channels in their project.

I Don't huh. Let Your Pride Go....this is about survival. You and Grambling can move your game to the start of the Season like PV-TX Southern. I also want JSU and Alcorn to do the same thing.
Just stop, we not moving the game. lol
Yeap I have the channel, but I will be there in person so it didn't matter to me. lol

Last edited:
So they can find HBO, CINEMAX and SHOWTIME to watch Money Mayweather. But they're to stupid to flip the channel to watch the game.

:rolleyes:
You're missing my point. I never said NBCSN wasn't accessible. When I want to watch movies, I'll turn to HBO, MAX, SHO, STARZ. Everybody can tell you what channel HBO is off the top of their head, but what about HBO Zone, Showtime Extreme, or STARZ in Black? When I want to watch college football on Saturday, I'm checking CBS, ABC, NBC, and FOX (network) stations first. If nothing is on then I may turn on ESPN (because they be having some sucky games on after College Game Day). All other channels (B1G Network, FOX Sports, Longhorn Network, CSN, and NBCSN) are all 2nd tier stations that the "average" viewer is not going to check for. I may know to check for it, because I'm a loyal fan, but Joe Schmo... nope.

Be honest, less people will see the game now. That's just a fact. That's why ESPN2 is called ESPN2. You check out ESPN first, then flip to ESPN2 if nothing good is on. The marquee matchups are broadcast on the main station. And yes, some SU fans will be "too stupid to flip the channel" to NBCSN as well on Thanksgiving weekend. The casual sports fan will definitely miss out.

You're missing my point. I never said NBCSN wasn't accessible. When I want to watch movies, I'll turn to HBO, MAX, SHO, STARZ. Everybody can tell you what channel HBO is off the top of their head, but what about HBO Zone, Showtime Extreme, or STARZ in Black? When I want to watch college football on Saturday, I'm checking CBS, ABC, NBC, and FOX (network) stations first. If nothing is on then I may turn on ESPN (because they be having some sucky games on after College Game Day). All other channels (B1G Network, FOX Sports, Longhorn Network, CSN, and NBCSN) are all 2nd tier stations that the "average" viewer is not going to check for. I may know to check for it, because I'm a loyal fan, but Joe Schmo... nope.

Be honest, less people will see the game now. That's just a fact. That's why ESPN2 is called ESPN2. You check out ESPN first, then flip to ESPN2 if nothing good is on. The marquee matchups are broadcast on the main station. And yes, some SU fans will be "too stupid to flip the channel" to NBCSN as well on Thanksgiving weekend. The casual sports fan will definitely miss out.

It's truly disheartening to me, to sit here and watch all the access to information that this younger generation has at its finger tip and yet is more clueless than we ever were.

Bayou Classic Up Big
  • NBC scored a 0.7 final rating and 1.0 million viewers for the Grambling/Southern Bayou Classic college football game last Saturday, up 40% in ratings and 61% in viewership from last year (0.5, 620K) and flat and up 2%, respectively, from 2012 (0.7, 983K).

Blue, it means something to be on a main network channel. It means less to be on their 2nd tier network. Come on man you know that.

Blue, it means something to be on a main network channel. It means less to be on their 2nd tier network. Come on man you know that.

That's right bruh, because you think it's second tier, that means the stupid people are even going to find it harder to turn to.. Just like they can't find NFL Sunday Night Football and the Notre Dame games.

Personally I'm still waiting to see where they said that they weren't going to show it on the network station.

You guys are the very same group that whine and complain about the Celebration Bowl being shown on espn3/espnu and where did it end up being broadcast? Again if y'all ain't got something to say woe is me about, you just ain't happy.

Last edited:
That's right bruh, because you think it's second tier, that means the stupid people are even going to find it harder to turn to.. Just like they can't find NFL Sunday Night Football and the Notre Dame games.

Personally I'm still waiting to see where they said that they weren't going to show it on the network station.

You guys are the very same group that whine and complain about the Celebration Bowl being shown on espn3/espnu and where did it end up being broadcasted? Again if y'all ain't got something to say woe is me about, you just ain't happy.
Even crazier that it's not the SU and Grambling fans worrying and complaining on here. lol

Dude is the worst smh

Most people have NBC a lot of people still don't have NBC Sports network. This probably is a blessing in disguise for SU and Grambling. The Bayou Classic is an entity by itself, figure out ways to break the shackles from NBC to reel in more money. We need our own sports station I swear

It's truly disheartening to me, to sit here and watch all the access to information that this younger generation has at its finger tip and yet is more clueless than we ever were.
Bayou Classic Up Big
  • NBC scored a 0.7 final rating and 1.0 million viewers for the Grambling/Southern Bayou Classic college football game last Saturday, up 40% in ratings and 61% in viewership from last year (0.5, 620K) and flat and up 2%, respectively, from 2012 (0.7, 983K).
Those numbers mean nothing. The quality of play last year and definitely the year before that wasn't much to write home about. The numbers had no where else to go but up.
Seems like those numbers didn't persuade NBC to keep the game on it's major network.

And Mr. SWAC is right, the BC television numbers will definitely take a serious hit but the actual attendance numbers may rise a few thousand.

Those numbers mean nothing. The quality of play last year and definitely the year before that wasn't much to write home about. The numbers had no where else to go but up.
Seems like those numbers didn't persuade NBC to keep the game on it's major network.

And Mr. SWAC is right, the BC television numbers will definitely take a serious hit but the actual attendance numbers may rise a few thousand.

So what you're saying is, the 1 million viewers who tuned in to watch the Bayou Classic, and make it one of the top ranked games on rivalry weekend.

Just like you, are too illiterate to TuneIn again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back