18 Hotel Employees Just Got Real About The Secrets You Could ONLY Know If You've Worked In A Hotel

Olde Hornet

1."I used to work as a housekeeper, and we would reuse the comforters multiple times and only change them if there was a stain."​

2."Have a reservation (not pre-paid/third party) that you need to cancel but you're past the cancellation date/time? Here's a workaround I have offered to some of my nicer guests: Call the hotel. Be polite to the person on the phone. Give them your reservation information and tell them that your plans changed and you need to push back your arrival date. If the rate you booked allows it, most front desk agents will do this for you. Change your arrival date to something a week or two out. Then, call the hotel back in a day or two and cancel the reservation."​

technicallyworking23

3."Never use glass coffee mugs in a hotel without a kitchen. How are these mugs getting cleaned? Never lay your food directly on a microwave plate. I'm sure housekeeping isn't putting these plates in dishwashers daily."​

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

1."I used to work as a housekeeper, and we would reuse the comforters multiple times and only change them if there was a stain."​

2."Have a reservation (not pre-paid/third party) that you need to cancel but you're past the cancellation date/time? Here's a workaround I have offered to some of my nicer guests: Call the hotel. Be polite to the person on the phone. Give them your reservation information and tell them that your plans changed and you need to push back your arrival date. If the rate you booked allows it, most front desk agents will do this for you. Change your arrival date to something a week or two out. Then, call the hotel back in a day or two and cancel the reservation."​

technicallyworking23

3."Never use glass coffee mugs in a hotel without a kitchen. How are these mugs getting cleaned? Never lay your food directly on a microwave plate. I'm sure housekeeping isn't putting these plates in dishwashers daily."​

Who is doing this?
I wouldn't do this in my own microwave!

Back