Southern Athletic Director William Broussard Reassigned By University

Status
Not open for further replies.

It doesn't take much peeing, when you have a board member that somehow seems to never get removed and thinks he can run the entire university by himself.

IMO, SU folks need to keep an eye on him and the people that back him. Everyone knows he associates with folks with genes of zero melanin in their skin. I'm sure someone is feeding him his agenda because he's definitely not smart enough to think of some of the stuff he comes up with, such as his GSU merger plan.

Not surprised at all. Dude wasn't nearly qualified to get su out of it's APR problems. He had NCAA folks literally on campus holding him by the hand and telling him what must be done in order for su to regain compliance and dude STILL couldn't get it right.
Maybe we can loan you our former AD to help right the ship at su and get you back in compliance with the NCAA.

IMO, SU folks need to keep an eye on him and the people that back him. Everyone knows he associates with folks with genes of zero melanin in their skin. I'm sure someone is feeding him his agenda because he's definitely not smart enough to think of some of the stuff he comes up with, such as his GSU merger plan.
That was probably Mason's idea.

That was probably Mason's idea.

But Mason didn't put it out there, nor did he push it. Plus TC is definitely being directed y those other folks. They gave him one open and shut case (the Derrick Todd Lee serial killer case) to build his notoriety and TC has been their pet every since then. And they gave him that case because no White attorney wanted to convict a Black man for murder.

Last edited:
Whose cornflakes did Broussard pee in?

Herb, them damn sorry arse old heads (not all of them) but a lot of them are just trifling. They do not like the younger direction the University is going. Now I better make sure some other young guys are safe if Tony C is back in charge behind the scenes. Sheesh.

I think the way he handled the su women's basketball situation and men's situation led to his demise. It was probably the straw that broke the camel's back, and then on top of that, JSU just downright embarassing su in baseball. It just became too much for him to overcome.
I won't even mention the APR debacles he's brought to the school over the past two years.
Broussard just wasn't the guy for the job.
And to think, some folks on here were labeling him as the BEST AD in the SWAC. Oh well...

Herb, them damn sorry arse old heads (not all of them) but a lot of them are just trifling. They do not like the younger direction the University is going. Now I better make sure some other young guys are safe if Tony C is back in charge behind the scenes. Sheesh.

I doubt TC is in charge, I believe he was told by outsiders to keep an eye on Broussard and by him being an attorney, no telling what he came up with to get Broussard reassigned.

Yeah losing a baseball game surly was cause a lot of board members to lose sleep.

God please give this ninja a brain. Geesh! :rolleyes:
On that part I was being fecetious. The other part, factual. Hope that helps.
Fact of the matter is that he gave the powers that be reason to find fault.
su must be REAL deep in the APR mire for them to just give up on the man like that.

And as usual, all your parts are all over the place and unable to be put together.
Why don't you tell the good HBCUsports folks why he was let go then.
To be frank, it's real embarassing to have to travel around the country to different meetings involving sports with your colleagues and others knowing your entire athletic program has been put on probation indefinitely. I think su is the only program in the nation with that dubious honor.
It's quite obvious that many board members just didn't have the faith that Broussard could lead su out of it's APR debacle, and as of now, they were probably right in thinking so....if that's what they were thinking.

Calm Down! It's just Temporary.
I Hope
@EastAdvocate: #Southern says William Broussard "has been temporarily reassigned ... effective April 1.” Expected to return as AD Aug. 1. @AdvocateSports

Viv can get ya'll out of APR trouble...and get your compliance office up to par. The ain't schitt as an AD but she is great at compliance.

Calm Down! It's just Temporary.
I Hope
@EastAdvocate: #Southern says William Broussard "has been temporarily reassigned ... effective April 1.” Expected to return as AD Aug. 1. @AdvocateSports

That actually means he will probably be completely terminated by April 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back