Zimbabwe's Mugabe(Hero or Madman)

Mr. Matriculation

For a couple of years i've been following the President of Zimbabwe, Mugabe. My first thought is that this guy is a hero. He is running the white farmers off of land that they gained while the British ruled Zimbabwe. He is kicking their azzez and giving the land to it's rightful owner, the black man. But i've seen alot of blacks that disagree with his tactics. I kinda respect this man for standing up to the British colonizers and kicking azz. He also is whooping black folks who are defending the white farmers, i like that to. What do you all think?

I used to view him as a hero. After all Ian Smith, the last White ruler of Rhodesia, was brutal to the Blacks. Smith was not much better than Cecil Rhodes. Of course I wonder why the European Union is on him and not some other African leaders. Zimbabwe is not the only country that has had election problems.

But I think that Mugabe's time has past. Why did he not attack the land issue 20 years ago? Not only is it a problem now but it was a problem then. Did he attack a few years ago to take away the Black criticism of him? Like a lot of large American cities that are run by Blacks politically, the economics in Zimbabwe are in the control of Whites. I think he could have addressed the land issue years ago.

The Blacks that are in opposition to him have a problem with the economy. To say the least it is very sluggish and has been for years.

A leader who had stability was the late Julius Nyere (sp ??) in Tanzania. Not only was he stable in his leadership but was honest enough to admit to mistakes. Too many of the African leaders have actually been helpful to the former European colonizers. If there were more people like Nyere, I think that things would be a lot different on the African continent.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mugabe

Eb, Mugabe did attack the land issue 20 years ago. The European Union said they were going to redistribute the land to blacks and even give compensation to blacks and whites that had been displaced. But they reneged on the offer for some reason. Thats when Mugabe started running white folks off the land with the help of the squatters. The reason the economy is so terrible is because of the sanctions that have been imposed on Mugabe's regime. The only real argument i think Mugabe haters have is that the guy is probably drunk with power or just plain stubborn.

I will admit that I have not followed the situation in Zimbabwe for years like I used to do. But I do think that he is drunk with power. However, I do wonder about the European Union's actions. But I wonder how often has he met or gotten advice from some of the other African leaders.

Mugabe won

Mugabe won another term as the Pres of Zimbabwe but check this out. America released a statement saying that the election was "flawed" and they will not accept him as the leader of Zimbabwe. How in the "L" can America be so self righteous as to not respect Mugabe's authority after the debacle in Florida? Thats all i wanna know.

Back